PnB Rock was an American singer as well as a rapper who was known for his singles “Fleek” (2015) and “Selfish” (2016), the latter of which peaked at number 51 on the US Billboard Hot 100; as well as his uncredited vocals on XXXTentacion’s “Changes”, which reached the top 20 on the same chart. In November 2017, he released his first studio album via Atlantic Records titled Catch These Vibes. It consists of songs like Face, Lovin’ (ft. A Boogie wit da Hoodie), Issues (ft. Russ), iRun (ft. Lil Yachty), TTM (ft. Wiz Khalifa and Nghtmre), London, Pressure, Confide (ft. Juicy J), Lowkey” (ft. Roy Woods and 24hrs), 3X (ft. Smokepurpp), 1Day (ft. Ugly God), and Rewind. The album peaked at number #7 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #17 on the US Billboard 200 chart. In 2017, he made his first television show appearance in a rap battle alongside comedian Pete Davidson opposite Nick Cannon on his TV show called Wild ‘N Out. In October 2016, Rolling Stone magazine named Rakim in their list of “10 New Artists You Need To Know”. On May 3, 2019, he released his 2nd studio album TrapStar Turnt PopStar and it features guest appearances from artists like Lil Durk, Tee Grizzley, XXXTentacion, Quavo, Mally Mall, Diplo, Lil Skies, Tory Lanez, and A Boogie wit da Hoodie. The album peaked at number #2 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #4 on the US Billboard 200 chart. He released his mixtape SoundCloud Daze in February 2022. He passed away on 12th September 2022. He was fatally shot which was his death cause.
Rapper PnB Rock shot to death a Los Angeles restaurant
On 12th September 2022, PnB Rock the Philadelphia rapper best known for his 2016 hit “Selfish,” was fatally shot during an attempted robbery at Roscoe’s House of Chicken ‘N Waffles in Los Angeles. He dies at 30. Los Angeles police Capt. Kelly Muniz said a shooting took place at 1:15 p.m. at the famous eatery on Main Street and Manchester Avenue. She would not identify the victim. He had been at the restaurant with his girlfriend, who had posted a location-tagged photo in a since-deleted Instagram post. Muniz said a suspect brandished a firearm inside the restaurant and demanded items from the victim. Sources told The Times that Rock was targeted for his jewelry. The victim was shot almost immediately by the assailant during the robbery, Muniz said. “He shot the victim and ran out the side door to a getaway car and then fled the parking lot,” she said. Muniz said the victim was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead at 1:59 p.m. According to a law enforcement source, Los Angeles Police Department investigators are examining security video from inside the restaurant to identify the shooter. They also are checking surrounding businesses to see whether security systems captured any images of the suspect leaving on foot or in a vehicle.
PnB Rock Known For
- Known for his breakout singles Fleek (2015) and Selfish (2016) which peaked at #51 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- Being featured on XXL Annual Freshman List in 2017, a magazine that promotes and features underground rappers/artists on the rise.
What was PnB Rock Real Name?
Born with the real name of Rakim Hasheem Allen, PnB Rock’s birth date was 9th December 1991. He was from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the USA. He held American nationality and his ethnicity was Mixed (American-African). Lastly, he celebrated his 30th birthday with his parents and dear ones. His family faced poverty while Rock was growing up along with four other siblings including an autistic younger brother, and one that died in a gang feud. Having four children made it very difficult for the family to sustain their normal lifestyle. Due to this, he had a very hard time growing up. In order to earn a living, his father became involved in illegal activities and in 1994, was killed in a gang feud. His mother was burdened with all the responsibility for the poverty-stricken family. He started leading his early life of petty crimes and drug peddling. He was sent to jail for three years, at the age of nineteen, after being accused of robberies and selling drugs. Inspired by his struggles in life, he started writing songs in prison. As soon as he was out of jail, he started uploading videos on Instagram under the hashtag #tbh, a viral trend that allows people to sing about other people’s pictures. He never finished high school. He dropped out of high school at the age of 15 when the only father figure in his life, his uncle was murdered. He later adopted the stage name PnB Rock, which pays homage to Pastorius and Baynton, a street corner near where he grew up in the Philadelphia neighborhood Germantown.
How was the Career of PnB Rock?
- PnB Rock initially released his debut mixtape “Real N*gga Bangaz” on 24th June 2014.
- In 2015, he signed a record deal with Atlantic Records.
- He released his first project with Atlantic titled “RnB3” which is his third mixtape.
- Next, he released the hit single, “Selfish” in 2016.
- In October 2016, Rolling Stone included him in their list of “10 New Artists You Need to Know”.
- He released his second retail mixtape album, “GTTM: Goin Thru the Motions” on 10th January 2017.
- In April 2017, he participated in the soundtrack of The Fate of the Furious with two singles: “Gang Up” with Young Thug, 2 Chainz, and Wiz Khalifa and “Horses” with Kodak Black and A Boogie wit da Hoodie.
- He was named as one of the tens of XXL’s “2017 Freshman Class” in June 2017 along with A Boogie wit da Hoodie, Playboi Carti, Ugly God, Kyle, Aminé, MadeinTYO, Kamaiyah, Kap G, and XXXTentacion.
- His debut album “TrapStar Turnt PopStar” was released in May 2019.
- He was featured on Ed Sheeran’s “Cross Me”.
Everything To Know About Ed Sheeran
- In January 2020, he released a track titled “Ordinary”.
- In January 2021, he also went on to feature another late rapper King Von, in a song titled “Rose Gold”.
- In February 2022, he released a new Mixtape “SoundCloud Daze” featuring various artists including Pasto Flocco, Yung Fazo, and more.
How much was PnB Rock Net Worth?
PnB Rock was a talented rapper who released several songs and albums during his lifetime. The net worth of PnB Rock was estimated to have $3 Million at the time of his death. He was making his salary in thousands of dollars from his career. Over the years, Rock has collaborated with wildly successful music artists like Meek Mill, XXXTENTACION, Kodak Black, YFN Lucci, and Ed Sheeran. He was living a lavish lifestyle prior to his death.
Who is PnB Rock Girlfriend?
PnB Rock was never married in his whole life. But he shared two daughters with his beautiful girlfriend Stephanie Sibounheuang. Their second Xuri was born in 2020. Sadly, it was revealed that PnB Rock broke up with his girlfriend. His sexual orientaiton is straight.
Previously, he was in a few relationships and one of them ended with him having a daughter, Milan. He liked to keep his relationships secret, but it is assumed that he started a romantic relationship with a girl when he was fifteen. They broke up in 2009 when he was sent to jail.
How tall was PnB Rock?
PnB Rock was a handsome rapper. He stood at the height of 5 ft 11 in or 1.80 m. His bodyweight consisted of 62 KG or 136.5 lbs. His bodybuild was slim. His hair color was black and he had a pair of dark brown eyes. He had a completely tattooed neck along with various other tattoos on his hands and other parts of the body.
Leave a Reply