Rand Paul is an American politician and physician who serves as the junior United States Senator from Kentucky since 2011. He was also a candidate for the Republican nomination at the 2016 US presidential election. He also holds a state-issued medical license and had also worked as a member of the Bowling Green Noon Lions Club before entering politics. Paul was included in Time magazine’s “World’s 100 most influential people”, for 2013 and 2014.
On March 22, 2020, Paul announced that he had tested positive for COVID-19 amid an ongoing pandemic of the disease. He was the first member of the United States Senate to test positive.
What is Rand Paul famous for?
- Famous as the current junior US senator from Kentucky
- Famous for being the son of former U.S. Representative Ron Paul of Texas
When was Rand Paul born?
Rand Paul was born on January 7, 1963, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. His birth name is Randal Howard Paul. His nationality is American. Paul belongs to White ethnicity while Capricorn is his zodiac sign.
Paul was born as the third child of his parents, to Ron Paul(father) and Carol Paul(mother). His father was a former US representative who also ran for President of the United States three times. He was raised in Lake Jackson, Texas along with his four siblings: two sisters, Joy, and Lori Paul and two brothers: Ronald Paul Jr. and Robert Paul.
When Rand was 13, his father, Ron was elected to the United States House of Representatives. He even spent his summer days interning in his father’s congressional office. Rand did his schooling from Brazoswood High School where he was even on the swimming team and the football team. He also studied the Austrian economists.
After graduating from high school, he joined Baylor University in 1981 and attended the honors program in 1984. He was also in the swim team and was the head of the Young Conservatives of Texas at the time.
Paul, however, dropped out of Baylor without completing his baccalaureate degree, as he was accepted into his father’s alma mater, the Duke University School of Medicine. Paul completed his residency in 1993 earning an M.A. degree in 1988.
In 1995, Paul cleared his degree passing the American Board of Ophthalmology(ABO) boards on his first attempt and earning board-certification under the ABO for 10 years.
Rand Paul’s career Highlights
- Rand Paul began his career working at John Downing of Downing McPeak Vision Centers, for about 5 years in 1993.
- Paul won the “Melvin Jones Fellow Award” for Dedicated Humanitarian Services for his work establishing the Southern Kentucky Lions Eye Clinic in December 2007.
- In February 2014, Paul joined the Tea Party-affiliated conservative advocacy group FreedomWorks.
- On August 5, 2009, Paul announced of running for the US Senate as a Republican and eventually won the election on May 18.
- In 2010, Paul defeated Jack Conway in the general election. On January 5, 2011, Paul was sworn the 112th Congress of US senate alongside his father.
- His first legislative proposal being the US Senate was to cut $500 billion from federal spending in one year.
- For the 113th Congress, Paul was added to the Foreign Relations committee during which he was engaged in a filibuster to delay voting on the nomination of John O. Brennan as the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency.
- In 2015, Senator Paul re-introduced the “Federal Reserve Transparency Act” alongside the “FAIR Act”(Fifth Amendment Integrity Restoration Act).
- Paul was a candidate for the Republican nomination at the 2016 U.S. presidential election.
- In March 2017, Paul introduced the “Stop Arming Terrorists Act”. He was also accused of being an agent of Vladimir Putin.
- Paul was one of 22 senators to sign a letter to President Donald Trump urging to have the United States withdraw from the Paris Agreement in May 2017.
- In January 2019, Paul condemned Senator Mitt Romney for writing an editorial criticizing President Trump.
- In July 2019, Paul was tapped by President Donald Trump as an envoy to repair Iran-United States relations to Iran.
- On November 4, 2019, Rand Paul made a controversy on the media threating to reveal the secret identity of Trump’s Ukraine quid pro quo whistleblower.
Who is Rand Paul married to?
Rand Paul is married to Kelley Paul. Kelley is a beautiful freelance writer. Rand and Kelley got married on October 20, 1990, and together have three sons, William, Duncan, and Robert. Paul and his family are living quite a great lifestyle as his sons, William and Duncan attended the University of Kentucky, while Robert attended a private school in the Washington, D.C. area.
The family currently resides in Bowling Green, Kentucky and also are active members of the Presbyterian church. On March 20, 2020, he was tested positive for the ongoing pandemic of COVID 19 and is currently completely quarantined.
What is the Net Worth of Rand Paul?
The 57 years old Rand Paul, who has been in politics for a very long time now has managed to amass a fortune worth million dollars through his governmental post as the U.S Senate. Belonging to a rich family Paul also has his family background with million worth properties. With his own hardship, he has his net worth currently estimated to be around $3 million.
Paul also acquires money from his clinic and books that he has co-authored himself entitled “The Tea Party Goes to Washington”(2011) and also is the author of “Government Bullies: How Everyday Americans Are Being Harassed, Abused, and Imprisoned by the Feds”(2012). nevertheless, he is living a lavish and luxurious lifestyle serving for his country.
How Tall is Rand Paul?
Rand Paul is a handsome guy in his late 50s. Paul has quite a maintained body physique. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 8inch.(1.73m) while his body weighs around 71kg(157 lbs). He has a fair complexion with brown hair and blue eyes.