Raul Jimenez is a Mexican professional footballer who currently plays as a forward for English club “Wolverhampton Wanderers” and also for the Mexico national team. Jimenez has represented his country at several international games including the 2014 and 2018 FIFA World Cup, the 2013 and 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup. Jimenez became the Wolves player ever with the most goals scored in a single Premier League season. Jimenez led Wolves back to the Europa League out of knockout stage with a late win against Slovan Bratislava on November 7, 2019.
What is Raul Jimenez Famous for?
- Famous as the footballer playing for English club “Wolverhampton Wanderers” and the Mexico national team.
- Known for his high penalty conversion rate and said to be more than just goals.
Where is Raul Jimenez From?
Raul Jimenez was born on May 5, 1991, in Taipei, Hidalgo, Mexico. His birth name is Raul Alonso Jimenez Rodriguez. His nationality is Mexican. Jimenez belongs to White ethnicity and of heritage. Taurus is his zodiac sign.
Raul Jimenez was born to a normal family to Raul Jimenez Vega(father) and Martha Rodriguez(mother). His parents always supported his passion and dream to be a footballer. Jimenez was raised along with his three siblings: a sister, Miranda Jimenez and two brothers, Raul Andre and Raul Tonito.
Jimenez and his brother, Andre had a keen interest in sports since their childhood. Jimenez began living his dream at the age of 20 after he joined Club America’s youth system. He was considered a promising young striker back then.
Raul Jimenez Career Highlights
- Raul Jimenez made his professional debut against Monarcas Morelia with a 1-1 draw on October 9, 2011.
- Jimenez was selected in the 2012 Toulon Tournament under 23 side.
- Jimenez made his final cut in the squad of the Summer Olympics 2012 and winning a gold medal at the Olympics defeating Brazil.
- Jimenez ended the Apertura 2012 tournament, with his 16 appearances and four goals altogether.
- Club America won the finals at the Clausura 2013 tournament and was crowned the League Champions 2013.
- Jimenez made his debut for the senior national team in a drawn match against Denmark on January 30, 2013.
- In the Clausura 2014 tournament, Jimenez made 17 appearances and scored 8 goals. On April 30, 2014, he scored a hat-trick in the 5-3 win against Santos Laguna.
- Jimenez lastly played for Club America in the Apertura 2014 tournament scoring 4 goals in the first three games.
- On August 13, 2014, Atletico Madrid made an agreement with Club America for Jimenez and signed a six-year deal with him.
- On August 16, 2014, he made his debut in Madrid with a 2-0 win against Sampdoria.
- Jimenez made his La Liga debut in a draw match against Rayo Vallecano on 25 August 2014.
- On August 13, 2015, Jimenez joined the Portuguese champions Benfica, signing a five-year deal.
- Jimenez scored his first two goals in the UEFA Champions League against Astana on November 26, 2015.
- Jimenez made a final goal for Benfica in 3–1 Super Cup win over Vitoria de Guimaraes.
- On June 12, 2018, Benfica loaned out Jimenez to newly-promoted Premier League side Wolverhampton Wanderers on a season-long loan.
- On August 11, 2018, Jimenez made his competitive debut for Wolves with a draw match against Everton.
- Jimenez scored a goal in Wolves 2–0 win over Bournemouth on December 15, 2018. Wanderers won three consecutive Premier League games for the first time in the 2018 season.
- Jimenez was named in Mexico’s 23-man final squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- Jimenez scored the first goal for Wolverhampton in a 2–1 home victory over Manchester United on March 16, 2019.
- On April 4, 2019, Jimenez was signed for a four-year contract deal to the Wolves.
- On May 15, 2019, Jimenez was voted the Wolves Players’ Player of the Season 2018–19.
- On June 5, 2019, Jimenez was included in the Mexico squad for the CONCACAF Gold Cup where Mexico won their eighth Gold Cup. He was awarded the Golden Ball Award with 5 goals in 6 matches.
- Jimenez made his presence in several international matches including the “2013 FIFA Confederations Cup”, “2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup”, “2014 FIFA World Cup”, “2015 Copa America” and “2017 FIFA Confederations Cup”.
- On November 7, 2019, Jimenez led Wolves back to the Europa League out of knockout stage with a late win against Slovan Bratislava.
What is the net worth of Raul Jimenez?
Raul Jiminez has quite a great earning through his professional career as a football player. Jiminez has managed to amass a fortune worth million dollars through his several contract deals, salaries, and endorsement deals. Jimenez was previously named to be the most expensive player in Portuguese football history and the most expensive Mexican player in 2016.
Jiminez enjoys his fortune which is estimated to be around $15 million. His current market worth is €40 million. In 2019, Wolves signed a four-year contract worth €38 million with Jimenez. In 2016, Jimenez’s total transfer value was worth €22 million.
Who is Raul Jimenez Dating?
The 28 years old footballer, Raul Jimenez is currently in a relationship with his girlfriend, Daniela Basso. Basso is a beautiful Mexican model and actress. She has starred in a number of telenovelas(soaps) in Mexico. Jimenez and Basso have been dating since 2017. The couple is very vocal about their relationship as they keep on uploading quite a few couples of goals pictures and videos on their Instagram.
How Tall is Raul Jimenez?
Raul Jimenez is a tall and handsome guy of 28 who has a great charming personality. Jimenez has a well maintained athletic body physique. He stands tall with a height of 6ft. 3inch.(1.90m) while his body weighs around 76kg. Jimenez has a fair complexion with black hair and brown eyes.