Rebecca Black is an American YouTube personality and pop singer. She gained tremendous fame for her famous song Friday. She uploads music and other videos to her YouTube channel. Her first single, Friday sold over 442,000 copies in the United States alone. The song peaked at Rank #58 in the Billboard Hot 100 list in its second week of release.
She has been singing and dancing since her early childhood. She has strong family support for her singing career, especially from her Mom. She is an active user on social networking sites, especially, Twitter, where she likes to express herself through her tweets.
Why Rebecca Black is famous?
Rebecca Black is a young and talented American singer best known for her greatest hit song Friday with over 100 million views on YouTube. Apart from her singing talents, she sometimes exhibits her acting talents. She is also an actress with roles in films Katy Perry: Part of Me and Legend of a Rabbit.
How old is Rebecca Black?
Recalling her early life, Rebecca Black was born as Rebecca Renee Black in Irvine, California in the year 1997. Currently, she aged 22 years old. Both her parents, John Jeffery Black and Georgina Marquez Kelly are veterinarians. She is of English, Mexican, Polish, and Italian descent and belongs to American ethnicity. Information regarding her siblings is yet to be disclosed.
Where is Rebecca Black educated?
Concerning her education details, Rebecca attended a private school in her early childhood till sixth grade. However, she was bullied in the school due to which she shifted to a public school, where she joined the musical theater program actively and according to her, joining it made her feel made for being in musical theater.
Later, however, she dropped out of school for homeschooling and due to continuous taunts from her schoolmates. This allowed her to concentrate more on her career. Another reason for that was she failed her English class due to her busy schedule.
When did Rebecca Black begin her music career?
- Moving towards her career, Rebecca’s career started with her first single, Friday. The music video was recorded by her with a collaborative effort with the ARK Music Factory. Her Mom inspired her to make the video and paid ARK $4000 to assist her in doing so. The video was released on YouTube and grossed a 1000 views in its first month. However, it went viral later and earned huge views and subscribes.
- Later, she was selected by MTV to host its first online awards show, O Music Awards Fan Army Party in early 2011. After that, she made several other singles like My Moment, Person of Interest, Sing it and In Your Words.
- In 2012, Telstra brought her to Australia and made her their ambassador to promote their 4G service. She also signed into Maker Studios YouTube Network in the same year.
- In late 2013, she released her sequel to Friday, with Dave Days. It was called Saturday. Saturday reached Rank #55 in Billboard’s Hot 100 list. However, it didn’t stay there for more than a week.
- After Saturday, she uploaded many covers on her YouTube channel. Some of them were We Can’t Stop, Wrecking Ball and Wild.
- She played herself in the documentary film released in 2012, Katy Perry: Part of Me. This was a 3D autobiographical documentary on Katy Perry.
- She voiced the character of Penny in the 2013 animated film, Legend of a Rabbit’ Later, in 2014, she was cast as herself in the Fine Brothers in a Web Series.
- In 2016, she played herself in the Web series, Life after Friday.
- She had announced the release of an album by 2015 which according to her, she had been working on since the release of Friday. However, she did not release an album or even a single after Saturday.
- In 2016, however, she made a return when she released The Great Divide which was followed by Foolish in 2017.
- On National French Fry Day 2018, YouTube personality Miranda Sings, in collaboration with Dunkin’ Donuts, released an adapted version of Friday titled Donut Fry Day featuring Rebecca Black, as part of the Donut Fries marketing strategy. Black’s newest material came in the form of three new singles throughout 2019 titled Anyway, Do You, and Sweetheart.
Is Rebecca Black dating someone?
Reflecting on her personal life, Rebecca Black is Single and is not dating anyone at present. There is no confirmed information about her present relationship but, her social media speaks loud about her love life.
s per online sites, She was dating South African personality, Casper Lee, in April 2013. Her relationship with Casper Lee was not confirmed by her and Casper in front of any media. However, after this rumor, she has not been dating anyone and, there’s no reason unveiled by her.
Is Rebecca Black Rich?
Being a singer by profession, Rebecca earns a decent amount of money and popularity in the field of the music industry. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $1.5 million at present. However, her salary, asset, and vehicle information are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Rebecca Black?
Observing her body physics, Rebecca stands a height of 5 feet 5 inches. She weighs 58 kg and her body stats are 36-26-35 inches. Similarly, Her hair color is dark brown and her eyes are also dark brown. Further, Her dress size is 8 (US).