Reminisce Mackie professionally named Remy Ma is an award-winning rapper who is famous for her collaborations in hit songs such as Ante Up, Lean Back, Conceited and All the Way Up. Moreover, she has been nominated for three Grammy awards and is one of the five female rappers to ever top the Billboard Hot 100 list. She was initially discovered by Big Pun, and came to prominence for her work as a member of Fat Joe’s group, Terror Squad. She released her debut studio album There’s Something About Remy: Based on a True Story on 7th Feb. 2006. Her most successful songs include “Ante Up (Remix)”, “Lean Back”, “Conceited”, and “All the Way Up”.
- Being part of American rapper Fat Joe’s rap group, Terror Squad.
- Being highly publicized nearly a decade-long feud with rapper Nicki Minaj.
What is the real name of Remy Ma?
Remy Ma was born on 30th May 1980 in South Bronx, The Bronx, New York City, New York, the USA. Her real name/birth name is Reminisce Smith. She belongs to the American nationality and her ethnicity is Mixed. She experienced first-hand the consequences and terrors inflicted by her family’s drug habits. In fact, she was the caretaker of her little brothers and sisters from a very small age. She has two sisters named Remeesha Blount (Sister), Kristin Devereaux (Sister). She completed her education from Marymount Manhattan College, Upper East Side, New York, USA. She is Christian by religion.
How Remy Ma Pursue her career as a rapper?
- She became a member of his hip hop group Terror Squad and appeared on their second and final album, True Story, released on 27th July 2004.
- Their single, “Lean Back”, topped the Billboard Hot 100 for three weeks from 21st August 2004, garnered Ma her first Grammy nomination.
- On 7th Feb. 2006, she released her first studio album There’s Something About Remy: Based on a True Story, which was supported by the singles “Whuteva”, “Conceited” and “Feels So Good”.
- The album was a critical success, however a disappointment financially, moving 37,000 units in its opening week and 158,000 units within the first year.
- On 13th February 2007, Ma told Billboard that she was working on her second album, PunisHer.
- In July 2007, Remy was arrested for allegedly shooting Makeda Barnes-Joseph at a Manhattan nightspot, putting Ma’s rap career officially on hold while she served time for the crime.
- Her music was featured and discussed in the documentary Black Lifestyle in Japan in 2011.
- She was released from prison in 2014.
- On 31st October 2014, she released the mixtape I’m Around.
- On 28th April 2015, she released Remy on the Rocks, a compilation of various tracks from her mixtapes.
- She announced that she was joining Love & Hip Hop: New York for its sixth season, along with her husband Papoose on 7th July 2015.
- Moreover, she has continued to appear on the show as a series regular in seasons seven, eight, nine and ten, as well as starring in the spin-off show Remy & Papoose: Meet the Mackies, and the specials Remy & Papoose: A Merry Mackie Holiday, Dirty Little Secrets, The Love Edition, Love & Hip Hop Awards: Most Certified and 40 Greatest Love & Hip Hop Moments: The Reboot.
- In 2016, Fat Joe revealed that he and Ma would be releasing a joint album.
- On 2nd March 2016, the joint album was officially announced as Plata O Plomo, which translates from Spanish to “money or bullets”. The album’s first single, “All the Way Up”, was released the same day.
- On 20th August 2017, she opened Women’s Clothing Store, Conceited in Raleigh.
- In the same year, she released the song, Wake Me Up with the rapper, Lil’ Kim.
- On 19th January 2018, she released the album’s second single “Melanin Magic”.
- In 2018, she also released the album, 7 Winters and 6 Summers.
- The album features the vocal of Chris Brown.
- In the same year, she released the single, New Thang along with French Montana.
- Currently, she is hosting the talk show, State of the Culture along with Joe Budden.
Remy Ma’s Awards
- 2005, BET Award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist.
- 2016, Soul Train Music Awards for Best Collaboration.
- 2016, BET Award for Best Collabo, Duo or Group.
- 2017, nominated by BET Award for Best Duo/Group.
How much is Remy Ma’s Net Worth?
Remy Ma is an American rapper. And with her rapping career, she has accumulated a huge amount of money. She has an estimated net worth of $4 million US. Her earnings as a rapper are $67K USD or more. She also has a Youtube channel and her YouTube channel has an estimated earning of $99k US. Overall, she is satisfied with her earnings and she is living a luxurious lifestyle.
Who is Remy Ma’s Husband?
Remy Ma is a married woman. She was married to her husband Papoose (Shamele Mackie). Papoose is also rapper by profession. The couple was initially scheduled to be wed while Smith was incarcerated in 2008, but the wedding was called off after police caught Mackie attempting to smuggle a key into prison and banned him from visiting her for six months. They married in February 2016. Together, they welcomed their first child, Reminisce Mackenzie on the 14th of December 2018. Rema also has a child from her previous relationship. Her husband, Papoose has three children from his previous relationship. As of now, the duo is living a happy life without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Prior to her marriage with Papoose, Remy dated rapper Juelz Santana from 2004 to 2005.
How tall is Remy Ma?
Remy Ma is a very beautiful rapper with amazing body measurements. She is a brunette with dark eyes. She is 1.78 meters tall and weighs 53 kg. Her body stats are 34-27-32, and her cup size is 34C. Her shoe size is 10 US. Overall, she has got a healthy body with a glowing smile.