Robert Ralph Minkoff, popularly known as Rob Minkoff is an American filmmaker. Minkoff is known for co-directing Disney animated feature film, The Lion King which won the Academy Award. He co-directed the film with Roger Allers. He is also known for directing Stuart Little film series, The Haunted Mansion, The Forbidden Kingdom, and Mr. Peabody & Sherman. There are several other movies that Minkoff directed which will be discussed below. He also produced numerous movies he directed.
What is Rob Minkoff Famous For?
- Co-directing the Academy Award-winning Disney animated-winning Disney animated musical drama film, The Lion King.
Where is Rob Minkoff From?
Rob Minkoff was born on 11 August 1962. His birth name Robert Ralph Minkoff. His birth place is in Palo Alto, California in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to his father Jack Robert Minkoff and mother Tola Fay Stebel. He was born to a Jewish family. His religion is Jewish. He belongs to white ethnicity and his zodiac sign is Leo.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Palo Alto High School. After graduating from high school, he attended the California Institute of the Arts. He graduated in Character Animation department in the early 1980s.
Rob Minkoff Career
- While working through CalArts, the Walt Disney Animation Studios hired him as an in-between artist for The Black Cauldron in 1983.
- He then worked as a supervising animator for the 1986 animated mystery adventure film, The Great Mouse Detective.
- For the 1987 animated musical film, The Brave Little Toaster, he was a character designer.
- He wrote the song “Good Company” for the 1988 animated musical film, Oliver & Company.
- He was a character animator for the 1989 animated musical fantasy film, The Little Mermaid.
- He then became a director for two Roger Rabbit shorts called Tummy Trouble and Roller Coaster Rabbit.
- Minkoff made his breakthrough when he directed the Disney animated feature film, The Lion King. He co-directed the film alongside Roger Allers.
- The film went on to win two Academy Awards for Best Original Score and Best Original Song. The film also won several other awards including Golden Globe Awards.
- He is also known for directing Stuart Little, Stuart Little 2, The Haunted Mansion, The Forbidden Kingdom, Flypaper, and Mr. Peabody & Sherman.
- He directed and produced the 2018 Netflix original animated series of the late Anna Dewdney picture book franchise Llama Llama.
- He is the co-director and producer of the 2021 animated family film, Blazing Saddles.
Rob Minkoff Wife
Rob Minkoff is a married man. He is married to Crystal Kung. They first met at a party in his office in 2003. The couple attended the Finding Nemo premiere as their first date. Minkoff proposed to Kung on Valentine’s Day in 2006. The couple later tied a knot to each other on 29 September 2007. The couple shares two children together, a son Max and a daughter Zoe.
Rob Minkoff Height
Filmmaker Rob Minkoff stands tall. He has an average body weight. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is also dark brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
Rob Minkoff Net Worth
Rob Minkoff earns from his career in Hollywood, not from his onscreen career but from his career behind the camera. He has worked as a director for several Disney movies to date. There are several box office hit movies directed by Minkoff. Prior to his directing career, he worked on several behind-the-camera roles. Summing up, Minkoff earns from his career in the entertainment industry. At present, his net worth is estimated at around $10 million.