Robin Everardus Gosens shortly named Robin Gosens is a German professional footballer. He is playing for Serie A club Atalanta (current team) and the Germany national team. His playing position is left midfielder or left-back. On 2nd June 2017, it was announced that he had transferred to the Italian side Atalanta and made his Champions League debut against Dinamo Zagreb on 18th September 2019. During the 2019-20 and 2020-21 seasons, he was one of Atalanta’s top goalscorers of the season scoring 9 goals and 11 goals, unprecedentedly high numbers for a defender. Previously, he has played for Vitesse, FC Dordrecht (loan), and Heracles Almelo. His shirt number/jersey number for Atalanta B.C. is 8 and 20 for Germany National Football Team. On 19th June 2021, he scored a goal in a 4-2 win over Portugal in the Euro 2020.
Germany 4-2 Portugal, UEFA Euro 2020: Gosens Inspires Resurgent Germany Victory Over Portugal
Germany revived their Euro 2020 hopes in spectacular fashion, coming back after conceding an early goal against Portugal to win the competition’s most thrilling match so far by four goals to two. Portugal was penned in their own half, but initially, that did not seem to faze them. Indeed, it almost suited them and they took the lead against the run of play thanks to a superb counterattack ending with Diogo Jota squaring for Cristiano Ronaldo to score his third goal of the tournament. Robin Gosens has neither been gilded by Germany’s successes under Löw nor scarred by many of the failures; this was only the Atalanta player’s ninth cap and Portugal simply could not handle him.
- Being a German professional footballer and player of Serie A club, Atalanta.
- One of the top wing-backs in Serie A, excelling both offensively and defensively.
What is the Birthplace of Robin Gosens?
Real name by Robin Everardus Gosens, his date of birth is July 5, 1994. His place of birth is in Emmerich am Rhein, Germany. He holds dual nationality of German-Dutch and his ethnic background is Mixed as he was born to a German mother and a Dutch father. With having two nation’s passports he is qualified to play for both national teams. As of 2020, Robin celebrated his 26th birthday. Cancer is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christian. About his parents, he was born to his father, Holger, and his mother, Martina. His father used to play at Fortuna Elten which was the first club that Robin started at and his mother was a good athlete. “I was a relatively late bloomer. Until I was six years old, I had absolutely nothing to do with football. That is atypical. As a child, I was always outside a lot, but at first, I didn’t want to do anything with the ball. My dad was a soccer coach. He gave me balls and put them at my feet because he wanted me to start playing. The older I got, the stronger my love for football grew. When my dad brought me to the first training session in the F-youth at Fortuna Elten, it clicked immediately. This is where the love for football arose that never went away. And it won’t anymore.”
When he was playing his international debut against Spain, he was in school and he immediately thought of homework he had for his degree. “I’m a very emotional gamer who is constantly reflecting on myself and trying to do better. Accordingly, I sometimes get very rigid, am overambitious, or get too involved in things. Studying is important for me to get my head off football. It is generally not good just to think about work. The course grounds me and shows me that there are other problems as well. That’s good for me and my head. My plan is to do a master’s in sport psychology after my bachelor’s degree.”
How was the Football Career of Robin Gosens?
- Initially, Gosens playe for local clubs such as Fortuna Elten, 1. FC Bocholt and VfL Rhede.
- Then, he joined and played for Vitesse’s youth setup on 4 July 2012 and signed his first professional deal with the club on 13th August 2013.
- Prior to this, he failed at a trial workout with Bundesliga giant Borussia Dortmund. He himself described it as a fiasco.
- He was loaned to FC Dordrecht on 14th January 2014 until the end of the season and made his debut match for the team against SBV Excelsior.
- For the team, he scored his very first professional goal on 7th February against FC Emmen. He later returned to Eredivisie after a nineteen-year absence.
- His loan was renewed for a further year on 29th May 2014. He then made his Eredivisie debut on 9 August, playing the full 90 minutes in a 2–1 away win against SC Heerenveen.
- He scored his first goal for the team on 20th September against Excelsior.
- It was announced on 4th June 2015 that he had moved on a free transfer to Heracles Almelo.
- Later, it was announced on 2nd June 2017 that Gosens had transferred to the Italian side Atalanta.
- He made his Champions League debut against Dinamo Zagreb on 18th September 2019.
- For the team, he scored his first Champions League goal in a 3-0 away win over Shakhtar Donetsk on 11th December 2019.
- Then, he scored his second Champions League goal in a 2-0 away win over Liverpool at Anfield on 25th November 2020.
- During the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons, he was one of Atalanta’s top goalscorers of the season scoring 9 goals and 11 goals, unprecedentedly high numbers for a defender.
How was the International Career of Robin Gosens?
- Moving towards the international career of Robin Gosens, he received his first call-up to represent the Germany national football team on 25th August 2020 and made his debut on 3rd September, starting in the 2020-2021 UEFA Nations League match against Spain.
- He was also included in the UEFA Euro 2020 squad on 19th May 2021.
- He scored a goal and provided an assist in a 4-2 win over Portugal in the Euro 2020 on 19th June 20021.
- What’s more, he was also elected Star of the Match.
- Atalanta on 01/07/2017 for 900k €
- Heracles Almelo on 01/07/2015 for 200k €
- Jong Vitesse on 30/06/2015 at the end of the loan
- FC Dordrecht on 14/01/2014 on loan
- Jong Vitesse on 01/07/2013 From Vitesse U19
Honors, Awards, and Achievements
- Serie A Team of the Year: 2019-2020
Who is Robin Gosens Dating?
Famous and well-recognized footballer, Robin Gosens is an unmarried man. Fans of Gosens are eager to know who is he dating. Robin Gosens is currently in a relationship with his beautiful girlfriend, Rabea. The duo has been together for a long time and surely they are planning to be husband and wife soon. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Robin Gosens Net Worth?
The estimated net worth of Robin Gosens is between $1 Million – $5 Million as of 2021. His present market value is €35 Million as of June 2021. He is receiving an annual salary of £1,248,000 from his current team, Atalanta. His weekly wage is £24,000. Back in 2020, he received £1,040,000 as an annual salary & in 2019, he received £416,000 as an annual salary. His major source of wealth comes from his football career and he is satisfied with his earnings.
How tall is Robin Gosens?
Athletic footballer, Robin Gosens has got a perfect height of 1.84 m or 6 ft tall. His well-maintained body weight consists of 76 KG. He is very conscious about his food intake and he frequently does exercise to keep his body fit and fine. He has a pair of attractive blue eyes with medium brown-black hair. His hair is short. He has got attractive body measurements with a charming smile. His shoe size is 8 US.