Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is a British actress and model. She is best known for her work for lingerie retailer Victoria’s Secret and Burberry Body. She made her film debut in the third installment of the Transformers series “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” as Carly Spencer. The film was a huge success commercially and earned more than $1 billion. She has also portrayed a powerful role of The Splendid Angharad in the film “Mad Max: Fury Road”. She has received several awards such as the “Elle Style Award” on the category of Model of the Year in 2009, and the “Harper Bazaar Women of the Year Award” on the category of Model of the Year and Businesswoman of the Year in 2014 and 2016 respectively. She was also named as one of the world’s highest-paid models by ‘Forbes’ magazine in 2016 and 2017 respectively.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is also a social media star. She has over 11.5m followers on her Instagram @rosiehw and over 590.8k followers on her Twitter @RosieHW. She also runs a YouTube channel with over 198k subscribers.
What is Rosie Huntington-Whiteley famous for?
- Her work for lingerie retailer Victoria’s Secret and Burberry Body.
Where was Rosie Huntington-Whiteley born?
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was born on April 18, 1987, in Plymouth, Devon, England, UK. Her birth name is Rosie Alice Huntington-Whiteley. She was born to father, Charles Andrew Huntington-Whiteley who was a chartered surveyor and mother, Fiona Huntington-Whiteley who was a fitness instructor. She has two siblings, a younger brother named Toby Huntington-Whiteley and a younger sister Florence Huntington-Whiteley.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley holds a British nationality and belongs to a White ethnic background. Her zodiac sign is Aries.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Milton Abbot primary school and later enrolled at Tavistock College, Tavistock, Devon, England.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s Career Highlights
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley started her career as a model at an early age of 15 when she was in school. In 2003, she was modeled for Levi’s jeans commercial.
- In 2004, She was featured in Teen Vogue and also made her catwalk debut along with Naomi Campbell in New York City which gave her career a much-needed boost.
- In early 2006, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley has signed an American lingerie brand Victoria’s Secret by making her debut at the brand’s fashion show in Los Angeles.
- In November 2008, She was featured in British Vogue cover alongside Eden Clark and Jourdan Dunn in a feature celebrating British models. In the following year, She has also modeled for Godiva and Miss Sixty.
- In February 2010, she officially became a Victoria’s Secret Angel and modeled for the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show which held in New York City. In the same year, She posed nude for the Pirelli Calendar which was photographed by Terry Richardson and also walked on the runway for designers Prada in Milan and Giles Deacon in Paris.
- In March 2011, she made her first solo appearance on the cover of the magazine ‘British Vogue’ in March 2011 and also appeared on the covers of Elle and GQ magazines.
- In 2013, she was announced as the face of the Australian cosmetics brand ModelCo and in the following year, PAIGE announced that Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as their ambassador for their upcoming Spring 2015 ad campaign.
- She has walked the runways for Burberry, Oscar De La Renta, Valentino, Michael Kors, Roberto Cavalli, Balmain, Louis Vuitton, Badgley Mischka, Blumarine, Marchesa, Vivienne Tam, Versace, Vera Wang, Betsey Johnson, Alberta Ferretti, Prada, Giles Deacon, and Moschino.
- She has also appeared in advertising campaigns for many brands such as Dolce & Gabbana, Leon Max, Marks & Spencer, Levi’s, Macy’s, Tommy Hilfiger, Clinique, and Thomas Wylde.
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley made her film debut in the third installment of the Transformers series Transformers: Dark of the Moon as Carly Spencer in 2011.
- In 2015, she appeared in an Australian post-apocalyptic action film Mad Max: Fury Road as The Splendid Angharad.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s Awards and Nominations
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley received three Elle Style Awards on the category of Model of the Year in 2009, Top Style Icon in 2012, and Model of the Year in 2015.
- In 2011, she won a Glamour Awards on the category of Editor’s Special Award and nominated for a Teen Choice Awards on the category of Choice Movie Actress: Summer. In the same year, she was voted No. 1 in Maxim Magazine’s “Hot 100” list.
- She won two Harper’s Bazaar Women of the Year on the category of Model of the Year in 2014 and Businesswoman of the Year in 2016.
- She was nominated for a Gold Derby Award on the category of Best Ensemble Cast for the film Mad Max: Fury Road along with the rest of the cast for their performance.
Everything To Know About Jason Statham
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s Personal Life
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is not married but no single. She is in a relationship with actor Jason Statham since 2010. The couple got engaged in 2016 and they welcomed their son named Jack Oscar Statham on June 24, 2017.
Previously, Rоѕіе Нuntіngtоn Whіtеlеу hаd dated Туrоn Wооd fоr twо уеаrѕ from 2006 to 2008 and Оlіvеr Маrtіnеz fоr а уеаr from 2009 to 2010.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s Height and Weight
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is a beautiful lady with an attractive Hourglass body shape. She has a slim body build. She stands at a height of 1.79 m (5 feet and 9 inches) tall and her body weighs around 54 kg (119 lbs.). Her body measurements are 34-25-35 inches. She wears a dress size of 4 (US) and a shoe size of 8.5 (US). Her bra size is 34B. Her hair color is Dark Brown and her eye color is Blue. Her sexual Orientation is Straight.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s Net Worth
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley has quite good earnings from her professional career as a model and actress. Her primary income source is her modeling career. As of 2020, She has an estimated net worth of almost $30 million. There is no information about her salary.