Ross Barkley is an English professional football player who plays for Aston Villa, on loan from Premier League club Chelsea and the England national team as an attacking midfielder. He started playing football from the youth team of Everton in 2005 and began his professional career in 2010. On 14 September 2012, he joined Sheffield Wednesday on a one-month loan and made his debut the same day in an away defeat against Brighton & Hove Albion. In January 2013, he joined Leeds United for an initial one-month stint and made his debut for Leeds in a derby match against Barnsley. On 5 January 2018, he joined the Premier League club, Chelsea, for a fee of £15 million, signing a five-and-a-half-year contract with the club. He made his debut in the semi-final second leg of the EFL Cup on 24 January 2018. On 30 September 2020, he joined Chelsea’s Premier League rivals Aston Villa on a season-long loan and made his debut scoring one goal in a 7-2 home victory over Liverpool on 4 October 2020.
On the international level, he has represented England at various age levels. He has represented U16, U17, U19, U20, U21, and senior level. He made his international debut in 2013.
What is Ross Barkley Famous For?
- Being a professional footballer.
- Won the 2012-13, 2013-14 Everton Young Player of the Year.
- Won the 2017-18 FA Cup with Chelsea.
- Won the 2018-19 UEFA Europa League with Chelsea.
- Won the 2010 UEFA European U17 Championship with England U17.
Where is Ross Barkley From?
Ross Barkley was born on 5 December 1993. His birthplace is Liverpool, England. He was born to a Nigerian father, Peter Effanga who is an automobile engineer, and a British mother, Diane Barkley (home keeper). He holds British nationality. He belongs to multiracial ethnicity. His religion is Christianity. His horoscope sign is Sagittarius.
Ross Barkley Football Career Timeline
- He started playing football from the youth team of Everton in 2005 and began his professional career at 2010.
- He made his debut in Everton’s first home match of the season, a 1-0 defeat to Queens Park Rangers, and was named man of the match by Radio City Sport.
- On 14 September 2012, he joined Sheffield Wednesday on a one-month loan. He made his debut the same day in an away defeat against Brighton & Hove Albion and scored his first goal for the club in a penalty against Bolton Wanderers the following week.
- His loan was extended and was recalled by Everton after playing 13 matches and scoring 4 goals for Sheffield Wednesday.
- In January 2013, he joined Leeds United for an initial one-month stint and made his debut for Leeds in a derby match against Barnsley.
- In the 2013-14 season, he re-joined Everton’s first team and scored his first goal for the club on an opening day in a 2-2 draw against Norwich City where he named man of the match.
- On 4 January 2014, he scored his first FA Cup goal opening in a 4-0 win over Queens Park Rangers in the third round.
- On 18 April 2014, he was named as one of the six players on the shortlist for the PFA Young Player of the Year award.
- After a long-term hamstring injury, he did not feature for Everton in his final season with the club. From 2010-2018, he made 150 appearances and scored 21 goals for Everton.
Source: [email protected]
- On 5 January 2018, he joined Premier League club, Chelsea, for a fee of £15 million, signing a five-and-a-half-year contract with the club.
- In Chelsea, he was assigned shirt number 8 by the club, the same number he wore at Everton.
- On 24 January 2018, he made his debut in a 2-1 defeat at Arsenal in the semi-final second leg of the EFL Cup, came on as a first-half substitute, replacing the injured William. He made his Premier League debut in a 3-0 home loss to AFC Bournemouth.
- On 7 October 2018, he scored his first goal for Chelsea in a 3-0 win away to Southampton.
- On 15 February 2019, he scored his first European goal in a 2-1 win over Malmo in their Europa League last 32 first-leg tie.
- Since he joined Chelsea he went on to play in every Premier League and has made more than 50 appearances for the club. He has won the 2017-18 FA Cup and 2018-19 UEFA Europa League with Chelsea.
- On 30 September 2020, he joined Chelsea’s Premier League rivals Aston Villa on a season-long loan.
- On 4 October 2020, he made his debut scoring one goal in a 7-2 home victory over Liverpool.
Ross Barkley International Career
- He has represented England at various age levels.
- He has represented U16, U17, U19, U20, U21, and senior level.
- He was selected to play in the 2009 Montaigu Tournament and captained the team to success, beating Germany 2-1 on penalties in the final.
- He also helped England U17 to win the 2010 UEFA European U17 Championship.
- In August 2011, he was called up to the England U21 squad.
- On 28 May 2013, he was named to the 21-man squad for the 2013 FIFA U21 World Cup.
- On 16 June 2013, he made his England U21 debut in a 3-0 win in a warm-up match against Uruguay.
- On 13 August 2013, he scored his first goal for England U21 in a 6-0 win against Scotland.
- In 2013, he made his international debut in a 4-0 win against Moldova in a World Cup qualifier, coming on as a substitute for Jack Wilshere.
- In 2014, he was named in the England squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil. He made his World Cup debut as a 61st-minute substitute for Danny Welbeck in England’s 2-1 opening defeat to Italy in Manaus.
- In September 2015, he scored his first goal for the senior team in a 6-0 win against San Marino in a UEFA Euro 2016 qualifier.
- Today, he has earned more than 30 caps for his country.
Ross Barkley Wife
Looking at his personal life, Ross Barkley is not married. However, he is not single. He is in a relationship with his girlfriend Zoe Riozzi. Zoe is a Nursery school worker. Zoe is also his childhood friend and they started dating about five years before. He maintains a private life and is living his life happily.
Ross Barkley Height
Ross Barkley stands at a height of 1.89m i.e.6 feet and 2 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 87kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is green and his hair color is dark brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
Ross Barkley Salary and Net Worth
Ross Barkley earns from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. As of 2021, his estimated net worth is £19 million and his salary is £5 million.