Ruthie Henshall is an English, singer, stage actor, and dancer who is well-known for her work in musical theatre making her West End debut in “Cats” in 1987. She is well recognized for her work in musical theatre. She was also a part of the original London cast of Miss Saigon in 1989-1990, and even had portrayed Roxie Hart in both the London and Broadway performances of “Chicago”.
For her role as Amalia Balash in the London revival of “She Loves Me”(1994), Henshall won the 1995 Olivier Award for Best Actress in a Musical. Henshall also participated in the 20th series of “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here”, however, she was eliminated on 29 November 2020, finishing in 11th place.
Besides, she is active on social media sites with over 84k followers on Instagram: @ruthiehenshallofficial.
What is Ruthie Henshall Famous for?
- Famous for her role as Amalia Balash in “She Loves Me”(1994).
- Known for her work in musical theatre.
Source: [email protected]
Where was Ruthie Henshall Born?
Ruthie Henshall was born on March 7, 1967, in Orpington, Greater London, England. Her birth name is Valentine Ruth Henshall. Her nationality is British. Henshall belongs to White ethnicity while Pisces is her zodiac sign.
Ruthie Henshall was born in a well-to-do family as her father, David Henshall was a journalist and even the editor of the East Anglian Daily Times. Growing up in her hometown London, Henshall began to develop an ambition to become a ballet dancer however she had to give up due to the lack of necessary physique.
She then decided to pursue a career in acting for which she even got trained at Laine Theatre Arts in Epsom, Surrey.
Source: [email protected]
Ruthie Henshall’s Career Highlights
- Ruthie Henshall started her career initially as a stage actor making her stage debut in the Cascade Revue at the West Cliff Theatre in Clacton-on-Sea at the age of 19.
- She made her West End debut with “Cats” in 1987.
- In 1988, at the age of 21, Henshall was cast in Miss Saigon as one of the bargirls, performed at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane.
- She then played the role of Aphra in Children of Eden at the Prince Edward Theatre later cast a role in the musical “Valentine’s Day” as well.
- She starred as Fantine in “Les Miserables” in 1992, later getting her first starring role in the 1993 trans-Atlantic transfer of the Broadway production “Crazy for You”.
- In 1995, Henshall starred in “She Loves Me”, winning her first-ever award as Best Actress in a Musical.
- She then went on to play the role of Roxie Hart in the West End transfer of the Broadway revival of “Chicago”.
- Henshall was cast in the title role Peggy Sue of the stage musical adaptation of the film Peggy Sue Got Married in 2001.
- She also has made some of her solo recordings which include, “The Ruthie Henshall Album”, “Pilgrim”, and “Love Is Here to Stay”.
- She succeeded the role of Marian Halcombe from Maria Freidman in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “The Woman in White”, from July 2005 until February 2006.
- Her first feature film was “A Christmas Carol” aired on NBC in November 2004.
- She replaced Natalia Bestemianova as a judge on the ITV1 show “Dancing on Ice” in 2008.
- She returned to the role of Roxie in Chicago at the Cambridge Theatre, London, on 14th December 2009 and completed her run on 24th April 2010.
- In 2011, she took the role of Elvira in the classic play Blithe Spirit in the West End.
- She played the role of billionaire Stephanie Gaunt in the CBBC series, “Wizards vs Aliens” in 2012.
- She became the final actress to take on the role of Mrs. Wilkson before the show’s closure in 2014.
Ruthie Henshall’s Husband
Ruthie Henshall was previously married to actor and singer Tim Howard, who is even her male co-star lead in the West End production of “Peggy Sue Got Married”. The couple got married in 2004 and shared two daughters, Lily and Dolly. However, just after 5 years of their marriage, the couple got separated in 2009 and got divorced in January 2010.
Even before that she was actually in a relationship with Prince Edward, the Duke of Edinburgh for several years until she got engaged to Scottish actor John Gordon Sinclair. They however broke up after Henshall took the role of Velma Kelly in Chicago on Broadway.
Currently, Henshall is living a single life. Besides, also along with Daniel Bowling(director of musicals), Henshall has written a book, “So You Want to Be in Musicals?”, published in 2012.
Ruthie Henshall’s Net Worth
Ruthie Henshall has quite good earnings from her professional career as a stage actor. Having her career started initially with the Cascade Revue at the West Cliff Theatre, Henshall has managed to come a long way up becoming a popular actress in her decade-long career.
Her source of income is surely her appearances in plays and movie theatres. Including her income, her net worth is estimated to be around $1.5 million.
Ruthie Henshall’s Height
Ruthie Henshall is a gorgeous lady with a well maintained hour-glass body physique in her 50s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 5inches. while her body weighs around 55kg(121 lbs). Her body measurement is around 34-28-34 inches with a bra size of 34B, 4(US) as her dress size, and 6(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with black hair and brown eyes.