Jose Salomon Rondon Gimenez, excellently known as Salomon Rondon is a Venezuelan professional footballer who is well recognized for playing as a striker for Premier League club Everton and the Venezuela national team. He started his youth soccer career in 1996 playing for San Jose de Calasanz whereas after a brief time with Deportivo Gulima, he graduated to the Aragua football club where he would make his senior debut. He has also played for Las Palmas, Malaga, Rubin Kazan, Zenit Saint Petersburg. Rondon spent much of his career playing for football clubs in Spain and Russia before joining West Bromwich Albion. Additionally, he joined Russian Premier League side CSKA Moscow on loan on 15th February 2021 and scored his first goal for the Moscow team and also gave an assist, merits that led him to be named the best player of the match.
Salomon Rondon coming to Goodison Park after Moise Kean departure
Salomon Rondon has completed a Deadline Day move to Everton that sees him reunite with manager Rafa Benitez. He joins on a free transfer and has signed a two-year contract, with an option for a third. Rondon told the Everton website: “I’m really glad to be back in the Premier League. “It’s a competition I enjoyed playing in and where I felt the fans’ support in every game. “Defending the colors of a club with a history as rich as Everton’s fills me with pride. I can’t wait to pull on the shirt and be reunited with Rafa Benitez, a coach who has changed the way I understand the game. “I’m really grateful for the faith he’s shown in me.”
- Being a Venezuelan professional footballer.
- For playing as a striker for Premier League club Everton and the Venezuela national team.
Where is Salomon Rondon from?
Salomon Rondon was born on 16th September 1989 with the real name of Jose Salomon Rondon Gimenez in Caracas, Venezuela. He is of Venezuelan nationality and he came from Venezuelan-black ethnicity. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is black. Salomon has celebrated his 31st birthday as of 2020 which is his present age. As per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Virgo. He is the son of Jose Rafael Rondon (father) and Maitana Gimenez (mother).
What does Salomon Rondon do for a living?
- Salomon Rondon kicks off his football career making his debut in the Venezuelan Primera Division at the age of 17 by appearing for Aragua FC against Carabobo FC on 8th October 2006 whereas on 8th April of the following year he scored his first goal for the club, in a 2-2 draw against Caracas FC.
- Salomon was signed by UD Las Palmas in Spain in the summer of 2008 where he made his official debut on 5th October in a 1-2 away loss against Deportivo Alaves for the Segunda Division championship.
- He netted his first goal on 2nd September 2009, in a Copa del Rey match against Cadiz CF becoming the youngest foreign player to ever score for the club, at the age of 19 years, 11 months, and 17 days.
- Then, he finished the season with ten goals in 36 games, as the Canary Islands side narrowly avoided relegation.
- Rondon was signed by Malaga CF for a record €3.5 million transfer fee on 19th July 2010 where he scored his first goal for the Andalusians exactly two months later, in a 1-2 home defeat against Sevilla FC in La Liga.
- He contributed with one goal as Malaga came from behind at home to defeat Hercules CF 3-1 on 1st May 2011 which was his 13th goal of the campaign.
- He then began 2011-2012 on the substitutes bench and eventually beat competition from ageing Ruud van Nistelrooy, again finishing as Malaga’s best scorer – this included goals in narrow home wins against RCD Espanyol (2-1) and Levante UD (1-0), and a brace against Rayo Vallecano (4-2 success, also at La Rosaleda Stadium).
- Salomon signed for Russian Premier League team FC Rubin Kazan in August 2012, for a reported fee of €10 million which made him the most expensive Venezuelan player in history. He made his league debut on the 12th in a 2-0 home win over FC Dynamo Moscow, and he scored his first goal against FC Terek Grozny on 1st September, albeit in a 1-2 home defeat.
- Then he made his first appearance in the UEFA Europa League against Inter Milan, and he scored once in a 2-2 group stage away draw, also playing the entire match.
- He opened up the scoring in the 100th minute of the round-of-16 clash against Levante in continental competition, latching on to a cross from Bibras Natkho as the hosts won it 2-0 in that leg and on aggregate.
- He netted the first goal in a 2-0 victory over the league leaders and eventual champions in the club’s next league match, against PFC CSKA Moscow as well as he scored a hat-trick in a 3-0 win against recently promoted FC Ural Sverdlovsk Oblast on 1st September 2013.
- Salomon was signed by Zenit Saint Petersburg on a five-year contract for a fee in the region of £15.8 million on 31st January 2014 where he played his first game for his new team on 25th February, scoring in an eventual 2-1 away win against Borussia Dortmund in the UEFA Champions League’s round of 16-second-leg (4-5 aggregate defeat).
- He scored a rare second-half hat-trick in a 6-2 home routing of former team Rubin on 6th April 2014, again as a second-half substitute, and added another three on 20th September, in a 5-0 win at FC Rostov.
- He also scored a brace at home against PSV Eindhoven on 26th February 2015, being essential in a 3-0 home victory for the Europa League round of 32 and a 4-0 aggregate triumph.
West Bromwich Albion
- Rondon joined English club West Bromwich Albion on a four-year deal for a club-record fee of £12 million on 10th August 2015 and made his debut in the Premier League five days later, replacing Craig Gardner in the 62nd minute of an eventual 0-0 away draw against Watford.
- He made his first start, at the expense of Tottenham Hotspur-linked Saido Berahino, in a 2-3 home defeat to Chelsea on 23rd August and scored his first goal for the Baggies on 29th August 2015.
- He started the 2016-2017 campaign strongly by scoring the winner in the opening match win over Crystal Palace as he also netted once and provided an assist in a 4-0 victory over Burnley on 21st November, and on 14th December, against Swansea City, he scored his first Premier League hat-trick after netting three headers in a 3-1 win, which was only the second time this feat was achieved in the history of the competition, the first being Everton’s Duncan Ferguson in 1997.
- Subsequently, his goal in 1-1 draw with Tottenham, on 25th November 2017, made him the first Venezuelan to score at either the rebuilt Wembley Stadium or the original facilities, as well as the first Albion player to score at the new ground.
- Salomon joined Newcastle United on a one-year loan swap on 6th August 2018, with Dwight Gayle heading in the opposite direction, and made his debut five days later, in a 2-1 home loss against Tottenham on the opening day of the season.
- On 29th August, he scored his first goal in a 3-1 EFL Cup defeat at Nottingham Forest and opened his league account on 10th November 2018, scoring twice to help the hosts defeat Bournemouth 2-1.
- As well, he was named Newcastle’s player of the year in May 2019, becoming the first forward to win the award since Alan Shearer in 2003.
- Salomon signed with Dalian Professional F.C. of the Chinese Super League on 19th July 2019, reuniting with manager Rafael Benitez who had joined the club two weeks before and reportedly activated the player’s release clause of £16.5 million.
- Rondon joined Russian Premier League side CSKA Moscow on loan on 15th February 2021 and scored his first goal for the Moscow team in his first match at Arena CSKA and also gave an assist, merits that led him to be named the best player of the match. He was voted the best CSKA player of the month of March.
- Later he ended his time at CSKA becoming one of the most valuable players in the Russian competition after participating in 37.5% of the team’s goals since his arrival with 4 goals and 2 assists of the team’s 16 goals in that time.
- Salomon joined Everton on a free transfer on 31st August 2021, transfer deadline day, reuniting with his former Newcastle and Dalian Pro manager Rafael Benitez, signing a two-year contract with the option for a third season.
- Salomon Rondon appeared for the Venezuela under-20 side in the 2009 FIFA World Cup in Egypt and scored four times during the competition.
- He previously made his debut for the senior team in a friendly with Haiti on 3rd February 2008 at 18-year-old by scoring his first goal on 23rd March against El Salvador. He took 4th place at Copa America in 2011.
- Selected by manager Noel Sanvicente to the 2015 Copa America, Rondon scored in La Vinotinto’s first game of the tournament to help defeat Colombia 1-0; later that year, he was among 15 national players who threatened to quit the team after the president of the Venezuelan Football Federation accused them of conspiring to get the manager sacked.
- As well, he earned his 50th cap on 5th June 2016, during the Copa America Centenario, starting in a 1-0 group stage win against Jamaica in Chicago. He scored the only goal of the following game against Uruguay to become the first Venezuelan player to find the net at three tournaments and repeated the feat in the quarter-finals, a 1-4 defeat to Argentina.
- After his brace in a 3-0 friendly victory over the United States in Cincinnati on 9th June 2019, he surpassed former holder Juan Arango to become Venezuela’s all-time scorer at 24 goals.
Awards and Achievements
- Copa Venezuela: 2007-2008
- Russian Premier League: 2014-2015
- Russian Super Cup: 2015
- Newcastle United Player of the Year: 2019
- Everton on 31/08/2021 for Free
- Dalian Pro on 30/06/2021 at End of loan
- CSKA Moscow on 15/02/2021 for 5M € on Loan
- Dalian Pro on 19/07/2019 for 18.3M €
- West Bromwich Albion on 31/05/2019 at End of loan
- Newcastle United on 06/08/2018 for 2.2M € on Loan
- West Bromwich Albion on 10/08/2015 for 17M €
- Zenit St. Petersburg on 31/01/2014 for 18M €
- Rubin Kazan on 05/08/2012 for 9M €
- Malaga on 19/07/2010 for 3.5M €
- Las Palmas on 21/07/2008 From Aragua FC for Free
Is Salomon Rondon Married?
Salomon Rondon is a married footballer. He has not shared much regarding his wife as he likes to keep his personal life private. It seems that he is not comfortable keeping his personal life open to the public. However, we know that he is the father of two children. Hope the relationship between him and his wife is outstanding up to date. Talking about Rondon’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Salomon Rondon Net Worth?
Salomon Rondon has a net worth of $4 million as of 2021. He has also a fine amount of salary which is around 3.12 million GBP per year. Salomon’s current market value is €5.00m as of 23rd August 2021 whereas his highest market value is €17.00m as of 1st August 2016. By signing to Newcastle United on loan from West Bromwich Albion, Rondon earned €44,000 which is around €2.2 million per annum as salary. He has not done any endorsement work yet. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
What is the Height of Salomon Rondon?
Salomon Rondon has a tall height of 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in) and his body weighs around 190 lb / 86 kg. His physique combined with his perfect height and masculine look takes him to the top of the desired list in the young gen women. Salomon has black hair and dark brown eyes color. Furthermore, his body build type is athletic.