Sam Hunt’s life story is worthy of a Hollywood movie. He started as a serious contender for the NFL but ended up as a popular singer and songwriter. Not only he is a popular musician at present, but he is also regarded as one of the freshest and progressive voices in country music. This is due to his infusion of various styles such as R’n’B, Pop, and Hip Hop into the music. He released his debut album in 2014 and it was both a critical and commercial success. Get to know more about the groundbreaking artist her including his wife who served as the major inspiration for his first album.
Sam Hunt Arrested on DUI and Open Container Charges in Nashville
The Country singer, Sam Hunt was arrested early Thursday for allegedly driving under the influence, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by CNN. He was stopped by police in East Nashville, Tennessee after he was observed driving the wrong way down a road.
According to the affidavit, authorities had been on the lookout for a reported driver going south in the northbound lanes in the area of Ellington Parkway near Ben Allen Road. He was the only person in the vehicle at the time of the stop and admitted to consuming alcohol recently, the affidavit stated.
The singer submitted to a sobriety test, which was recorded on a police dashcam, and according to the warrant he had a blood alcohol content of .173. He was arrested and subsequently released from jail Thursday on a $2,500 bond, according to online court records. A court date has been set for January 17th.
How did Sam Hunt get famous?
Sam Hunt is an American singer, songwriter, and former college football player, who’s known for such country hits as “Body Like a Back Road” and “Drinkin’ Too Much”. He has been awarded various awards including the renowned awards like American Music Award and CMT Music Award. He was also nominated for Billboard Music Awards and Grammy Awards due to his infusion of various styles such as R’n’B, Pop, and Hip Hop into the music.
What is Sam Hunt’s real name?
Recalling his early life, Sam Hunt was born in Cedartown, Georgia where he spent most of his childhood. His nationality is American and ethnicity is mixed (English, Scots-Irish and Scottish, French).
His birth name is Sam Lowry Hunt. His father’s name is Allen Hunt and his mother’s name is Joan Hunt. His father was an insurance agent and mother was a teacher by profession. He has two brothers namely Van Hunt and Ben Hunt.
Where did Sam Hunt go for education?
Concerning his academic qualifications, Sam attended Cedartown High School. He played as a quarterback for two years at Middle Tennessee State University and he majored in philosophy. He later attended his education from the University of Alabama at Birmingham and graduated with a business degree in economics.
Who did Sam Hunt play football for?
- Right through his high school and college days, he played football for his school/college team. He went on to become his university’s most valuable quarterback, till he got injured on the field and diverted his attention to music.
- Initially, he started learning the acoustic guitar while his injury healed and never thought of being a musician. However, his college mates liked his style and encouraged him to take music more seriously. Soon he started writing his songs and singing in bars and informal gatherings amongst his friends.
- In 2007, he was invited to a football training camp with ‘Kansas City Chiefs’. However, he failed to make it to the team and decided to give up football and take up music as a career instead. For this, he moved to Nashville along with a friend in his mother’s minivan in 2008 and started a new life.
How Sam Hunt become a singer?
- Moving towards his career, Sam started his music career later in 2008 after dispatching himself from football. His first single from studio album Montevallo was ‘Raised on it’ by the MCA Nashville label.
- Later, ‘Leave the Night On’ was released which became a number states 1002000 of its copies were sold and the MCC listed it at Gold whereas the RIAA certified it Platinum. The ticket for his Lipstick Graffiti tour was sold very quickly. Likewise, he went on to release other singles like Taking your time, house party and more interesting music.
- He has written singles for many singers like Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Hunter Hayes and much more. He believes that his songwriting is highly influenced by country and pop genre.
- His music career is gradually coming to arise as his music is being discovered by many and liked by thousands. His album Montevallo debuted at number one on the Top Country Albums and number 3 on the Billboard 200. It received platinum certification by RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America). He has not received significant awards to date but is adored by his fans for his singing and songwriting abilities.
- On February 1st, 2017, He released “Body Like a Back Road”, which went on to become his biggest hit. In May 2018, Hunt released the single “Downtown’s Dead”. In October 2019, Hunt released “Kinfolks”, his first radio single in over a year. He also announced that a lead single from the new album would be out shortly and the entire album would be released in early 2020.
Is Sam Hunt still married?
Reflecting on his personal life, Sam is a married man. He is married to his longtime girlfriend, Hannah Lee Fowler. The couple tied the knot on 15th April 2017. The couple married in Georgia and their wedding ceremony was a private one, only their close friends and family were invited. They went for their honeymoon on 09th May 2017, at The Players Championship in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
How much is Sam Hunt’s net worth?
Being a part of the music industry since 2008, Sam earns a sum of a good amount of money and fame as a singer and songwriter through his singing career. Based on online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $3 million at present. However, his salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Sam Hunt?
Observing his body statistics, Sam Hunt has a height of 6 feet 3 inches. His body weighs 95 kg. He has black hair and hazel eyes. Further, he has an athletic body build with the chest; 46 inches, biceps; 16.5 inches and waist; 35 inches.