Samantha Womack is an English actress, singer, model, and director who is best known for her work in movies and television such as “Kingman: The Secret Services”, “Liverpool 1”, “Pie in the Sky”, “Up ‘n’ Under”, Kingsman: The Golden Services”, One Night in Istanbul”, “Demob”, “Babes in the Wood”, “Strange”, “Home Again”, “Dead Man’s Cards”, “Loose Women”, “Friday Night With Jonathan Ross”, “Richard & Judy” and more. She rose to huge fame after her role as Ronnie Branning in the British Soap Opera “East Enders” (2007-2011, 2013-2017). In March 1991, she represented the United Kingdom in the Eurovision Song Contest at the age of 18 and finishing in 10th place. Her Eurovision single “A Message to Your Heart” peaked at No. 30 in the UK singles chart for 3 weeks. Moreover, she appeared in series nine of the BBC’s “Who Do You Think You Are?” in November 2011, and also appeared as one of the celebrity contestants on the BBC show “The Magicians” in January 2011. She has also toured across the United Kingdom playing Morticia in the stage musical “The Addams Family”.
What is Samantha Womack Famous For?
- Being an actress, singer, model, and director.
- Playing the character of Ronnie Mitchell in the British soap opera EastEnders (2007–2011; 2013–2017).
What is Samantha Womack Full Name?
Samantha Womack took birth with the full name of Samantha Zoe Janus on 2 November 1972 in Brighton, England, United Kingdom. She holds British nationality and she came from British-White ethnic background. Her present age is 49 as of 2021. She is the daughter of Noel Janus (father), who is a singer-songwriter whereas Diana O’Hanlon (mother), is a model & actress. When she was 6, her father left her family, and then her mother got married to a doctor and moved to Edinburgh. She lived on the QE2 with her grandmother, Sheila Hold, who is a former actress and choreographer. She has a younger half-sister named Zoe and a half-brother, Hugh Janus. She studied in a Catholic School in Edinburgh and then moved to a comprehensive school in London. Later she attended the Sylvia Young Theatre School in London. Later, she quit education at the age of 15 and took up a job at a nightclub.
Samantha Womack Career Timeline
- Samantha Womack came to fame in March 1991 aged 18, when she won the annual A Song for Europe competition to represent the United Kingdom in the Eurovision Song Contest.
- She started her acting career appearing in episodes of “The Bill” and “Press Gang”.
- In 1993, she appeared in “Demob” and took to the West End stage, replacing Debbie Gibson as Sandy in “Grease”.
- She next appeared in the BBC Two sitcom “Game On” (1994-1998). In between series of Game On, she had a part in the BBC One drama “Pie in the Sky” from 1995 to 1996 as Nicola Dooley, a waitress.
- After that, she appeared in “The Grimleys”, “Up ‘n’ Under”, “Liverpool 1”, “Babes in the Wood”, “Spatz”, “Strange”, “The Baby Juice Express”, “Lighthouse Hill”, “Dead Man’s Cards”, “Home Again”.
- On 11 May 2007, it was announced that she would be joining EastEnders as Ronnie Mitchell. She made her final appearance as Ronnie on 7 July 2011 when the character was sent to prison.
- Since then, she has made regular television appearances on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, The Paul O’Grady Show, Richard & Judy, and Loose Women.
- In May 2013, it was confirmed that Womack would return to EastEnders as Ronnie Mitchell.
- Later, her character was killed off on the episode broadcast on 1 January 2017 when she was trying to save Roxy Mitchell from drowning and drowning herself. Her last appearance was on the episode broadcast on 19 January 2017.
- Previously in the year 2011, she played the lead role, Ensign Nellie Forbush, a US Navy nurse from Little Rock, Arkansas, in the Lincoln Center production of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s musical South Pacific.
- She played the regular role of Tanya in series three of Sky Living’s “Mount Pleasant” from September 2013. She continued in this role until the final episode in 2017.
- In 2015, she appeared in the film Kingsman: The Secret Service. She reprised the role in a smaller appearance in Kingsman: The Golden Circle in 2017.
- She appeared in Silent Witness in early 2019.
- In February 2020, it was announced that Womack would be taking part in the challenge for Sport Relief.
- In 2021, she acted alongside Harry Potter actress Jessie Cave in the British sitcom “Buffering”.
Awards and Achievements
- 2008- All About Soap Bubble Awards for Fatal Attraction (with Scott Maslen)
- 2008- The British Soap Awards for Best On-Screen Partnership (with Rita Simons) & Sexiest Female
- 2008- Digital Spy Soap Awards for Best On-Screen Partnership (with Rita Simons)
- 2009- The British Soap Awards & TV Quick and TV Choice Awards for Best Actress & Best Soap Actress
- 2010- All About Soap Bubble Awards for I’m A Survivor, The British Soap Awards & Inside Soap Awards for Sexiest Female
- 2011- All About Soap Bubble Awards for Best Baby Drama (with Jessi Wallace) & The British Soap Awards for Sexiest Female
- 2012- Shorty Awards for Best Actress & Best Fansite
- 1991- “A Message to Your Heart”/ “Heaven is a Place for Heroes” (Hollywood Records), UK Singles Chart No. 30
Who is Samantha Womack’s Husband?
Samantha Womack was a married woman previously but now, she is currently in a relationship with British actor, Oliver Farnworth. They met each other while working on the 2019 stage adaptation of “The Girl On The Train”. Today, the duo is living a happy life without any disturbances.
Previously, Samantha married an Italian citizen Junfan Mantovani in 1997 after a long relationship. The relationship broke down and the couple divorced in 1998. After that, she began dating Liverpool 1 co-star Mark Womack. They married in 2009 after ten years of their relationship. The couple has two children: son Benjamin Thomas Womack (born 2001) and daughter Lili-Rose Womack (born 2005). Mark also has a son, Michael Womack, from a previous marriage. In 2009, she took her husband’s surname and began to use it professionally. In August 2020, she announced that she and Mark had quietly separated in 2018, but that they are still living together in the same house with their children.
How much is Samantha Womack’s Net Worth?
Samantha Womack is a successful actress whose net worth is estimated to have $1.5 Million as of 2022. Her salary income is around $500K as an actress. Her main sources of wealth come from acting, singing, directing, and modeling career. She is represented by London Voice Boutique, Voice-over Agency, Alex Segal, & Inter Talent Rights Group. She has also promoted brand endorses such as TV Time, Bingo chocolate bara, princes canned fish, & Burtons Bingo. In May 2017, she endorsed labor party leader Jeremy Corbyn in the 2017 UK general election. She is leading a lavish lifestyle at present.
How tall is Samantha Womack?
Samantha Womack is a pretty actress standing at the perfect height of 5 ft 8 in or 1.73 m with a balanced bodyweight consisting of around 59 Kg or 130 lbs. Her body type is slim. She has a pair of beautiful blue eyes color and her hair color is blonde. Her body measurement is 36-26-35 inches, and she wears 34B bra sizes. She broke her shoulder when she tripped and fell down the stairs at her home while rushing to shoot for EastEnders in April 2008. She left home as a self-confessed ‘wild child’ for life squatting, drinking, smoking, and taking drugs at the age of 15. In August 2022, Womack paid tribute to Dame Olivia Newton-John following her death from breast cancer and confirmed on Twitter that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer herself.
Leave a Reply