Sarah Louise Christine Chalke known as Sarah Chalke is a Canadian actress, model, and voice artist. She is best known for her role as Dr. Elliot Reid in the comedy series “Scrubs”. She is also known for portraying the recurring role of Stella Zinman in the critically acclaimed CBS’s sitcom, “How I Met Your Mother”. She has appeared in several movies and TV series over the years including “Ernest Goes to School”, “The Bu”, “Mad Love”, “Cougar Town”, “Backstrom”, “Mad Love”, “Speechless”, “Friends From College”, and “The Wrong Missy” etc. As a voice actor, Chalke has voiced the character, Mrs. Murawski, in the animated TV series “Milo Murphy’s Law” and the main role, Gina Janowski, in Netflix’s animated sitcom “Paradise PD”. Since 2013, she has been voicing the character Beth Smith in the adult animated science fiction sitcom, “Rick and Morty”.
Chalke is also an ambassador for the Audrey Hepburn Children’s Foundation, which raises funds for underprivileged children all over the globe.
She is quite active in social media platforms with over 218k followers on her Instagram account: @-sarahchalke and over 231.4k followers on her Twitter account: @sarahchalke.
What is Sarah Chalke famous for?
- Her role as Dr. Elliot Reid in the comedy series “Scrubs”.
- Portraying the recurring role of Stella Zinman in the critically acclaimed CBS’s sitcom, “How I Met Your Mother”.
Where is Sarah Chalke from?
Sarah Chalke was born on August 27, 1976, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Her birth name is Sarah Louise Christine Chalke. She was born to her father, Douglas Chalke, and mother, Angela Chalke. Her mother is from Rostock, Germany. She raised in North Vancouver, British Columbia along with her sisters named Piper Chalke (elder sister) and Natasha Chalke (Younger sister).
She holds Canadian nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity. Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
About her education, she attended Handsworth Secondary School and graduated in 1994. She has also attended the German school in her hometown. She is fluent in Germann and French although her first language is English.
Sarah Chalke Career Highlights
- Sarah Chalke began her acting career at age of eight appearing in musical theater productions. She became a reporter on the Canadian children’s show KidZone when she was 12.
- In 1993, she portrayed the role of Becky Conner-Healy in the American sitcom “Roseanne”.
- She also Starred in the CBC TV drama “Nothing Too Good for a Cowboy” from 1998 to 1999.
- In 2001, she was cast as Dr. Elliot Reid in the NCV comedy series “Scrubs” and she would be a cast member for all nine seasons until the series ended its run in 2010.
- She played the character of Maisy in the American direct-to-video comedy movie titled “Ernest Goes to School” in 1994.
- She co-starred alongside Heather Graham, Taye Diggs, and David Sutcliffe in the romantic comedy “Cake” where she played the character of Jane in 2005.
- From 2003 to 2004, Chalke appeared in a parody of the hit show ‘The O.C.’ called “The Bu” on channel 101, alongside the comedy trio The Lonely Island but she was credited as Pamela Fenton.
- In 2008, she appeared as a supporting character of Paula Crowe in the comedy-drama film, “Chaos Theory”, which starred fellow Canadian Ryan Reynolds.
- The same year, she became the spokesperson for a line of women’s underwear by Hanes that included a series of commercials which was directed by her Scrubs co-star Zach Braff.
- She has also played the recurring role of Stella Zinman in the CBS sitcom, “How I Met Your Mother” in 2008, 2009, and 2014.
- In 2009, she voiced the character, Magee, in the animated TV film, “Prep & Landing”.
- In early 2011, Chalke starred in ABC’s romantic comedy series, “Mad Love” but the show was canceled after only one season.
- In 2012, She was signed by former Scrubs executive producer Bill Lawrence to play the love interest of Bobby Cobb in the third season of the sitcom, “Cougar Town”.
- She made a guest appearance in the popular medical drama Grey’s Anatomy in an episode of “Can’t Fight This Feeling” in 2013.
- The same year, Chalke was starred in the ABC comedy series, “How to Live with Your Parents( For the Rest of Your Life )” which premiered on April 3, 2013, but the show was canceled one month later.
- Chalke began voicing for the character Beth Smith in the adult animated science fiction sitcom, “Rick and Morty” in December 2013.
- She played the recurring role of Amy Gazanian in the crime drama television series, “Backstrom” which aired from January 22 through April 30, 2015.
- In 2016, she appeared as Gabi in the romantic comedy film, “Mother’s Day” which was directed by Garry Marshall. The same year, she portrayed the character of Kate in the romantic film, “After the Reality” along with Matthew Morrison.
- Sarah voiced for the character Mrs. Murawski in the animated TV series “Milo Murphy’s Law” from 2016 to 2019.
- She portrayed the recurring role of Melanie in the television series “Speechless” which was debuted on ABC on September 21, 2016.
- In 2018, Chalke also voiced for the main role Gina Janowski in Netflix’s animated sitcom “Paradise PD”.
- In 2020, she appeared as Nurse Dolores in the made-for-television comedy film “Psych 2: Lassie Come Home” which is a sequel to the first film ‘Psych: The Movie’.
- The same year, she also appeared in the film “The Wrong Missy” as Julia and in the film “Eat Wheaties!” as Frankie Riseborough.
- On February 3, 2021, Chalke appeared as the main character as Kate Mularkey in Netflix’s drama series “Firefly Lane” which is based on the novel of the same name by Kristin Hannah.
Who is Sarah Chalke Husband?
Sarah Chalke is engaged to lawyer Jamie Afifi. The couple started dating each other in 2003 and after dating for three years they engaged in December 2006 during a trip to Hawaii. The couple blessed with their first child, a son named Charlie Rhodes Afifi on December 24, 2009. Their son was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease at age of two. The couple welcomed their second child a daughter named Frances Afifi on April 28, 2016. Despite having a long time relationship, the couple is yet to be married.
Previously, she had dated Canadian actor Devon Sawa from 1995 to 1996 when they were both teenagers. She was also romantically linked with American Forte in January 2000. However, their relationship was ended in October 2000.
She has also dated her Scrubs co-actor Zach Braff from 2001 to 2003.
Source: [email protected]_sarahchalke
How tall is Sarah Chalke?
Sarah Chalke is a gorgeous lady with a well-maintained hourglass body physique in her 40s. She has a fair complexion with Blonde hair and Blue eyes. She stands at 1.73m (5 feet and 8 inches) tall and her body weighs around 62kg (137 lbs.). Her body measurements are 36-26-37 inches. She wears a bra size of 34B. Her dress size is 6 (US). Her sexual orientation is Straight.
What is the Net Worth of Sarah Chalke?
Sarah Chalke has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress. She began her acting career as a child actor. Her major source of income is her appearances in TV series and films. As of 2021, her net worth is estimated to be $15 million.
Currently, she lives in Los Angeles, California, the United States.