Savannah Guthrie is an Australian-born American broadcast journalist and attorney who is well-known for being the main co-anchor of the “NBC News morning show Today” since July 2012. Guthrie has been hosting the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade since 2012. She initially worked at ABC affiliate KMIZ for two years. She also served as a White House Correspondent from 2008-2011. She got included in Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People of 2018.
She is also active in the social media platform with around 961k followers on her verified Instagram account: @savannahguthrie and has around 953k followers on her Twitter account: @savannahguthrie
Besides on Thursday night on October 15, 2020, Guthrie interviewed the 45th and the current US president, Donald Trump in a town hall. She pressed the US president on his COVID-19 diagnosis and his latest negative test. She also asked him about his retweet this week of a conspiracy theory that Biden to have Seal Team 6 killed to cover up the fake death of Osama Bin Laden.
What is Savannah Guthrie famous for?
- Famous as an American journalist and attorney
- Known for being the main co-anchor of the “NBC News Morning Show Today”.
Source: [email protected]
Where is Savannah Guthrie from?
Savannah Guthrie was born on December 27, 1971, in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Her birth name is Savannah Clark Guthrie. American-Australian is her nationality. Her ethnicity is White. She is of Aussie-American descent. Capricorn is her zodiac sign.
Guthrie was born to Charles Guthrie(father) and Nancy Guthrie(mother). She has two siblings named Camron Guthrie and Annie Guthrie. After her birth, her family moved back to the United States who were in Australia for her father’s work.
Then, she was raised in Tucson, Arizona with her siblings. She did her schooling at Amphitheater High School. Growing, she started gaining interest in journalism and she decided to pursue her career as a journalist.
Following her decision, she attended the University of Arizona and later got graduated with a B.A. in journalism in 1993. While enrolling at the university, she became a member of the Arizona Alpha Chapter of Pi Beta Phi.
Source: [email protected]
Savannah Guthrie NBC
- Savannah Guthrie started her professional career as a journalist in 1993 after she joined ABC affiliate KMIZ in Columbia, Missouri.
- She left her job in 1995 after working in the company for two years.
- Then, she started working with NBC affiliate KVOA in 1995.
- She worked there for 5 years.
- In 2000, she joined WRC-TV, Washington, D.C.
- While working there, she covered many major stories that include the September 11, 2001, attack on The Pentagon and the 2001 anthrax attacks.
- She continued her career along with her studies.
- She then received a Juris Doctor from Georgetown University Law Center where she graduated magna cum laude in 2002.
- After her graduation, she worked as a litigation associate in the law firm “Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld”.
- She became a national trial correspondent for CourtTV in 2004.
- Guthrie rose into prominence after she joined NBC News as a correspondent in September 2007.
- She also covered Sarah Palin’s 2008 vice-presidential race from many parts of the country.
- On December 18, 2007, she was announced White House Correspondent for NBC News.
- She worked as a White House Correspondent from 2008-2011.
- She also was a co-anchor of the MSNBC program “The Daily Rundown” from 2010-2011.
- She got her career breakthrough in May 2011 after she got announced as the co-host on NBC’s The Today Show.
- Guthrie made her first appearance on the show as a co-host on July 9, 2012, alongside Matt Lauer.
- She had also interviewed Donald Trump where Trump discussed his role in the Barack Obama “birther” controversy.
- Matt Leur left the show on November 29, 2017, and since then, she has been the main co-anchor of the show.
- She also annually hosts the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade since 2012.
- Besides hosting, she also has appeared in the 2015 film “Sharknando 3: Oh Hell No!”.
- At present, she is busy hosting the talk show on NBC.
- Recently on October 15, 2020, she interviewed the 45th and current US president, Donald Trump at a Townhall making the interview as one of the aggressive interviews, Trump has been part of.
Savannah Guthrie Awards
- Emmy Awards for Outstanding Live Coverage of a Current News Story
- International Academy of Trial Lawyer’s Student Advocacy Award for her contribution to the moralities of domestic violence
Savannah Guthrie’s Husband
Savannah Guthrie is a married woman. She is currently married to Michael Feldman. Feldman is a Democratic political and communications consultant. The couple started dating each other in 2009 and they finally tied the knot on March 15, 2014.
The couple is blessed with two children. Their first daughter, Vale Guthrie Feldman was born on August 13, 2014, and their second son, Charles Max Feldman was born on December 8, 2016. At present, she is living a happy life with her family.
Previously, Guthrie was married to BBC News presenter, Mark Orchard with whom she tied the knot in December 2005. They got divorced in 2009. Besides, she also had an eye injury in November 2019 after her son accidentally threw his toy train into her right eye. However, she got treated well and she quickly recovered from her injury.
Savannah Guthrie Net Worth
Savannah Guthrie has earned a good amount of money from her professional career as a journalist. Having her career started in 1993 by joining ABC affiliate KMIZ, she has managed to stand tall as a co-host of the “NBC News morning show Today”. With all of her earnings, Guthrie has a quality net worth estimated to be around $30 million. She has an annual salary of $8 million from her job at NBC.
Savannah Guthrie Height
Savannah Guthrie is a beautiful lady in her late 40s. She has a healthy average body physique. She stands tall with a height of 5ft 10 inches while her body weighs around 60kg. She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and a pair of blue eyes. Her body measurement is 34-27-32 inches. She wears the shoe of size 9(US).