Scott Porter is an American actor, voice actor, and occasional singer. He is best known for playing Jason Street in the NBC television drama “Friday Night Lights“, George Tucker in The CW comedy-drama series “Hart of Dixie”, Blake Calamar in the CBS legal and political drama series “The Good Wife”, Mayor Paul Randolph in the Netflix dramedy “Ginny & Georgia”, and Timothy ‘Tim’ Armstrong in the CBS drama series “Scorpion”. He has also been cast in movies like “The Good Guy”, “The To Do List”, “Dear John”, “10 Years”, and “Bandslam”. He performed the song “Pretend”, which is featured on the Bandslam soundtrack. Also, he has done voiceover work for video games like X-Men: Destiny, Lego DC Super-Villains, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series, Batman: Arkham Knight, and Minecraft: Story Mode.
What is Scott Porter Famous For?
- Scott Porter is an American actor.
- Scott is famous for his role as Jason Street in the NBC television drama Friday Night Lights.
Where is Scott Porter From?
Scott Porter took birth on July 14, 1979. He is from Omaha, Nebraska, in the United States. His full name is Matthew Scott Porter. His parents are Butch Porter (mother) and Robin Porter (father). He is American when it comes to his nationality and his ethnicity is Mixed as he is of German, English, and Irish descent. His present age is 43 as of 2023. He grew up with his two siblings namely – Ariana Porter and Brendan Porter. He was interested in football during his child age and he also played at his school level.
Scott attended Lake Howell High School in Winter Park, Florida. At Lake Howell, he was a wide receiver on the football team and graduated in 1997. After that, he completed his graduation from the University of Central Florida. While a student at the university, he sang vocal percussion in a cappella vocal group, 4:2:Five (currently known as VoicePlay). During his teenage, he worked as a babysitter and “didn’t have time to party.
How did Scott Porter start his acting career?
- Scott Porter, in 2004, started his acting career as Matthew in the original cast of the Off-Broadway hit “Altar Boyz”. After two years, he got huge recognition for his role as Jason Street in the NBC television drama “Friday Night Lights”. Likewise, he temporarily took over the role of Casey Hughes in the soap opera “As the World Turns” in the same year.
- In addition, he played the role of Colin Thompson, the more visible part of the duo that fronts the fictional band PoP!, in the 2017 movie “Music and Lyrics”. He also played the character Rex in the film “Speed Racer” (2008). He played Bobby in the remake of “Prom Night” and Ben Wheatly in “Bandslam”, released in August 2009.
- In 2010, he portrayed the role of Blake, a law firm investigator, in CBS’ legal drama “The Good Wife”. Also, in the same year, he portrayed “Randy” in the film “Dear John”. and starred in the pilot of the television series “Nomads”.
- Next, he played a lawyer in the medical dramedy series “Hart of Dixie”. In 2013, he debuted in the second season of the video game series “The Walking Dead” as Luke. Likewise, he voiced another main character, Lukas, in Minecraft Story Mode by Telltale Games and Mojang.
- In 2017, Porter portrayed Colton “Colt” Cruise in the EA Sports game Madden NFL 18’s Longshot mode.
- He played the role of Scott Summers in the “Marvel Anime: Wolverine” and “X-Men” in 2011.
- Furthermore, he also featured in TV series including “Ultimate Spider-Man”, “Rosewood”, “Scorpion”, “Outcast”, “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”, “Avengers Assemble”, “Charmed”, “Why Women Kill”, “Harley Quinn”, “Ginny & Georgia”, “Lucifer”, “Taking the Reins”, and “Spidey and His Amazing Friends”.
Who is Scott Porter’s Wife?
Scott Porter is a married man. On 20th April 2013, Scott exchanged marital vows with his long-time girlfriend, Kelsey Mayfield. One of his groomsmen was screenwriter and director Jamie Linden, a schoolmate at Lake Howell. Before their wedding, the duo was in a 5 years relationship. In January 2012, the lovebirds got engaged. His spouse, Kelsey is a casting director and a former University of Texas cheerleader. The duo met each other on the set of Friday Night Light. The husband and wife are also the proud parents of two children – a son namely McCoy Lee Porter (born in May 2015) and a daughter namely Clover Ash Porter (born in August 2017). The family is living a happy life today.
How much is Scott Porter’s Net Worth?
Scott Porter is an outstanding actor who has been active in the acting field since 2004. Appearing in numerous movies and TV series, the actor, Scott, has an estimated net worht of $3 million as of 2023. His annual salary is around $500K. His main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry and he lives a lavish lifestyle at present from his career earnings.
What is Scott Porter Height?
Scott Porter is a handsome actor who has a tall height of 6 ft or 183 cm. His body weight consists of 80 kg or 176.5 lbs. He has a blue-green eye with dark brown hair color. His other body measurements are still to get disclosed yet. He has got a healthy body with an average body type. He has thin lips.
Leave a Reply