Shayna Baszler is an American mixed martial artist and a professional wrestler who currently performing in World Wrestling Entertainment’s (WWE), where she performs on the Raw brand. Previously, she signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) as well. She is particularly known for her modified kimura handlock which she has named “Shwing” and has used to defeat several of her opponents, including former FFF Women’s Lightweight Champion Roxanne Modafferi. To know more about her, you can read the below article.
What is Shayna Baszler famous for?
- An American professional wrestler and former mixed martial artist.
Where is Shayna Baszler from?
Going back to her early life, Shayna was born in Sioux Falls, South Dakota to parents Skip and Margaret Baszler. She is of German descent from her father’s side and of Chinese ancestry from her mother’s. She is of American nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity. Her birth sign is Leo. Further, the information about her siblings and childhood are yet to be disclosed.
For education, she studied at MidAmerica Nazarene University in Kansas from where she graduated with a degree in religion. She began her MMA training soon after.
When did Shayna Baszler pursue her MMA/Wrestling career?
- Talking about her sports journey, Shayna Baszler got her start in MMA at South Dakota-based promotion Reality Cage Fighting against Tina Johnson on October 31st, 2003.
- After winning that, she also came out victorious in her next match, which was against Christy Zimmerman on November 14th, 2003. However, she suffered her first defeat against Kelly Kobold in the match after that, which took place on May 15th, 2004.
- In 2005, she fought for Jungle Madness 2 and won her match against Heather Lobs. For the next three years, she competed at various other independent promotions, including UCS, Ring of Fire, Freestyle Combat Challenge, MFC, Bodogfight, and NFF, winning against Cindy Romero, Julie Kedzie, Roxanne Modafferi, and Samantha Anderson, and losing to Amanda Buckner twice.
- She first appeared for EliteXC at a ShoXC event on July 27th, 2007, submitting fellow debutants for the promotion, Jan Finney, with an armbar in the first round. She went on register wins against Jennifer Tate within 0.44 seconds in the first round and Keiko Tamai by making her submit with an exceptional twister, also in the first round. After she promoted to the main EliteXC’s cards, she suffered a crushing defeat against Cris Cyborg at the promotion’s Unfinished Business event on July 26th, 2008.
- On June 19th, 2009, she faced Sarah Kaufman, losing the match by a unanimous decision. She then participated in the Freestyle Cage Fighting Women’s Bantamweight Grand Prix at FCF 39, and eventually won the championship. She successively defeated Megumi Yabushita, Alexis Davis, and Adrienna Jenkins.
- During this period, several of her matches, including her rematch against Finney, got canceled, but her match against Elaina Maxwell did end up occurring at The Cage Inc.: Battle At The Border 7 event. Baszler won the bout and in effect, became the inaugural TCI Women’s 140 lbs Champion.
- She put on a ferocious performance against Sara McMann in the main event of Invicta FC 2: Baszler vs. McMann on July 28th, 2012. Although a losing effort on her part, the bout was picked as the Fight of the Night. Baszler triumphed over Sarah D’Alelio in her next match but lost to Alexis Davis in her third and final outing for Invicta. This one too received the Fight of the Night accolade.
- In August 2013, she was picked as one of the contestants for The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rousey vs. Team Tate. She defeated Colleen Schneider via an armbar submission to enter the TUF house. She was chosen by Rousey and fought Julianna Peña in the first match of the season. She lost and was eliminated from the competition.
- She would have two more matches in the UFC, against Bethe Correia and Amanda Nunes, losing both. After being released by the promotion, she lost to Reina Miura in her latest outing inside an MMA ring.
- In 2015, She made the transition to professional wrestling and went back to train under Barnett. She made her in-ring debut against Cheerleader Melissa at a Quintessential Pro Wrestling (QPG) event on September 26th, 2015. She subsequently wrestled for Magnum Pro Wrestling, Absolute Intense Wrestling (AIW), Shimmer Women Athletes, DDT Pro-Wrestling, and the Japanese promotion World Wonder Ring Stardom.
- Taking the next logical step in her career, she tried out for WWE sometime in late 2016. She competed in WWE’s Mae Young Classic, winning back-to-back matches against Mia Yim, Candice LeRae, Mercedes Martinez, and as a heel character, made it to the finals where she lost to Kairi Sane.
- On August 10th, 2017, she first appeared in an NXT house show. Two months later, on October 10th, WWE revealed that she had signed with them and was training at the WWE’s Performance Center.
- On the February 10th, 2020 episode of Raw, She appeared and attacked Becky Lynch, biting the back of her neck furiously. The following week, She was announced as a participant in the Raw brand’s women’s Elimination Chamber match for a chance at Lynch’s WWE Raw Women’s Championship at WrestleMania 36.
- Also, she made her WWE video game debut as a playable character in WWE 2K19 and returned for WWE 2K20.
What are the achievements of Shayna Baszler?
Throughout her career, Shayna Baszler won the Freestyle Cage Fighting Women’s Bantamweight Grand Prix Championship on June 12th, 2010. She became The Cage Inc. Women’s 140 lbs Champion on November 19th, 2010. As a professional wrestler, she clenched DDT Pro-Wrestling’s Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship on April 1st, 2017. She is the current holder of the AIW Women’s Championship. Also, she was ranked 12th on the Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s list of the top 50 female singles wrestlers in the PWI Female 50 in 2017.
Is Shayna Baszler married?
Shayna Baszler is currently reported to be unmarried and seems to be single. In 2013, she mentioned in a tweet that Roger Huerta was her future husband but the tweet seems to be fake as she hasn’t been associated with her since then. However, she came out as bisexual. She was seeing a woman at the time. She described herself as ambiguous, saying that she is both masculine and feminine.
What is Shayna Baszler’s net worth?
Throughout her professional career, Shayna Baszler has maintained a pretty amount of bank balance. She is earning a good salary as well. Her fight salary is $202,000. She has not revealed her net worth yet. Further, she owns a classic Mustang car which she often flaunts on her Instagram. The car is 50 years old as revealed by her.
How tall is Shayna Baszler?
Talking about her body physics, Shayna stands a height of 5 feet 7 inches ad she has a body-weight of 62 Kg. Her eyes are dark brown and hair color is black. Further, she has a slim body but her body measurement is still under review. Whenever we will update, we will let you know.