Shelby Rogers is a versatile American professional tennis player who has a career-high singles WTA ranking of No. 40 achieved on 12th July 2021 and also a career-high doubles ranking of No. 76. She is well recognized for winning six singles titles and one doubles title on the ITF Circuit as well as for winning the Girls’ National Championship at 17. She showed off her talent as a professional at the 2016 French Open where she reached the quarterfinals. She was also a member of the US squad that had won the prestigious Fed Cup in 2017. For instance, she is also known for defeating Serena Williams, Simona Halep, and several other players. Shelby has competed in numerous Grand Slam Doubles tournaments, including the Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon, and US Open. Soon, she will be included and ranked among highly skilled senior women athletes. Moreover, she reached the round of 16 by defeating World No. 1 and top seed Ashleigh Barty at the 2021 U.S. Open. She was also awarded Bachelor of Science in Psychology at the Western Southern Open (WSO) tournament at the Lindner Family Tennis Center in Mason, Ohio on 15th August 2021.
Shelby Rogers Beats Ashleigh Barty at the U.S. Open
Shelby Rogers beats Barty, who had won five tournaments this year including Wimbledon, 6-2, 1-6, 7-6 (5). Rogers made the crowd work for her. She held an unusual distinction when she walked onto the court in Arthur Ashe Stadium on Saturday. She was the last remaining American woman in the U.S. Open women’s singles draw, and it was only the third round. Barty was gracious after the loss, paying tribute to Rogers and saying she is prepared to move on knowing the year has been a success, overall.
“You can’t win every single tennis match that you play,” she said. “I’m proud of myself and my team for all the efforts we’ve put in in the last six months. It’s been pretty incredible. I don’t think we could have asked for much more honestly. I wouldn’t change a thing.” Rogers was equally as effusive about Barty, noting that her opponent had not been home to Australia since February, in part to avoid complications and quarantines due to coronavirus travel restrictions. “She’s resetting on the road, she’s worked through some injuries on the road,” Rogers said. “She’s won five titles. She’s remained No. 1. I mean, this girl is everything every player wants to be.” “It’s not the way I like to play,” she said in an interview on the court after the match, “But it was what I needed to do against her.”
- Being an American professional tennis player.
- For winning six singles titles and one doubles title on the ITF Circuit.
Where was Shelby Rogers Born?
Shelby Rogers stepped for the very first time into the world on 13th October 1992 in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, United States. She is of American nationality and she came from American-white ethnicity. Similarly, she follows the Christian religion. Shelby has celebrated her 28th birthday as of 2020 and she will be celebrating her 29th birthday in the coming October of this year. As per her birth date, her star sign is Libra. She is the daughter of her mother, Starley Gabrish. Her step-father’s name is Jim Gabrish however her biological father’s name is unknown. She has one sibling a sister named Sabra Rogers who is also a tennis player.
What does Shelby Rogers do for a living?
- Shelby Rogers began her tennis career making her ITF Women’s Circuit debut at the $10K event in St. Joseph in July 2009 after which she got a chance to reach her first WTA Tour main-draw at the 2010 Charleston Open, but she failed in qualifications.
- She reached her first ITF final at the $50K Indian Harbour Beach in May 2010, but lost to Edina Gallovits-Hall however she later won the USTA 18s Girls National Championship to earn a wildcard into the US Open, which was her first appearance in the main draw of any Grand Slam tournament.
- She won her first ITF title at the $50K Yakima in July 2012, defeating Samantha Crawford in the final.
- Rogers recorded her first win on the WTA Tour at the 2013 Internationaux de Strasbourg, defeating Marta Domachowska in the first round and then earned another Grand Slam main-draw wildcard at the 2013 French Open, after winning the “Har-Tru USTA Pro Circuit Wild Card Challenge”.
- She won her first career Grand Slam match with the wildcard, over Irena Pavlovic but lost in the following round to the world No. 20, Carla Suarez Navarro. After that, she did well at the ITF Women’s Circuit. There she won $50K Lexington, and later $75K Albuquerque.
- She reached her first WTA final at the 2014 Gastein Ladies where she lost to Andrea Petkovic as well as she scored her first career top-ten win after beating Eugenie Bouchard in the second round of the Canadian Open. The following week, she debuted at the top 100.
- As well, she played in all four Grand Slam main draws for the first time in her career, and also reached her first Grand Slam third round at the US Open.
- Although Rogers missed the Australian Open due to injury, she started the year (2016-2017) strongly by reaching her second career final on the WTA Tour, losing to Francesca Schiavone at the Rio Open on clay in February.
- Then she made big progress and reached her first Grand Slam quarterfinal at the French Open and became the first American other than Serena Williams to reach the quarterfinals since Venus Williams in 2006.
- During the season of 2017, she defeated world top 10, Eugenie Bouchard, in the first-year match and then participated at the Hobart International, where she reached the quarterfinal. She also made upset, 6-3, 6-1, over world No. 4, Simona Halep, in the first round at the Australian Open.
- Rogers began clay season with the quarterfinal of the Premier-level Charleston Open, where she also defeated her compatriot and world No. 11, Madison Keys. She lost at the Italian Open and Madrid Open, she reached the quarterfinal of the Internationaux de Strasbourg.
- Also, she reached another Grand Slam third round but then lost to world No. 1, Angelique Kerber at 2017 Wimbledon as well as she also reached the third round, where she was stopped by another top 10 player, Elina Svitolina at the 2017 US Open.
- She played only at the Australian Open and Indian Wells Open from the start of 2018 but was knocked out in the first round at both tournaments and was out of play for the rest of the season.
- Later she returned to action at the Charleston Open in April 2019 and won her first match, defeating Evgeniya Rodina in straight sets but she lost her next match to Jeļena Ostapenko in three sets, after having been 5-1 up in the third set and having match points.
- Later, she reached the second round of the French Open and Mallorca Open and won her $60, K Templeton, in September 2019, which was her first ITF title since September 2013.
- She reached the final of the $80K Macon in October 2019, where she lost to her compatriot Katerina Stewart.
- Shelby enjoyed a successful campaign on American hardcourts in the summer of 2020 as she first made the semifinals at the Top Seed Open, after upsetting Serena Williams in the previous round. Then, at the 2020 US Open, she beat Irina Khromacheva, 11th seed Elena Rybakina, Madison Brengle, and sixth seed Petra Kvitova before losing to Naomi Osaka in the quarterfinals
- She reached the fourth round of the 2021 Australian Open, her best showing at this Major, where she was defeated by World No. 1 and top seed Ashleigh Barty.
- She raised to a career-high of World No. 46 after reaching the round of 16 of 2021 Volvo Car Open where she lost again to Ash Barty on 12th April 2021 and at the 2021 French Open, she reached the quarterfinals partnering Petra Martic defeating 9th seeded pair Sharon Fichman and Giuliana Olmos.
- She also reached the third round for a second time defeating 15th seed Maria Sakkari at the 2021 Wimbledon Championships which was her 16th victory over the top 20 players in her career. As a result, she reached a career-high of World No. 40 on 12th July 2021.
- Shelby reached the round of 16 by defeating World No. 1 and top seed Ashleigh Barty at the 2021 U.S. Open.
Who is Shelby Rogers Boyfriend?
Shelby Rogers is an unmarried lady. She is in a romantic relationship with American hockey player John Slavs who is currently a member of the Indiana Tech team. The pair started dating in early 2020. It was arranged by mutual friends as a blind date. On their first date, Shelby and John were blown away by one other’s charisma and enthusiasm. Soon after, the two were romantically connected and started appearing in public places together, holding hands. Presently, they are both thoroughly enjoying one other’s company. There has been no additional word about the couple taking their relationship to the next level. Hope the couple can be seen as husband and wife in the future. Concerning Rogers’s sexual orientation, she is straight.
How tall is Shelby Rogers?
Shelby Rogers is a talented tennis player with a net worth of $6 million as of 2021. She has also a fine amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. With her hard work and luck by her side, she can double the amount of wealth she has today. Shelby has won prize money of US$3,608,223. In addition, her major source of income is from her tennis career. She has also done endorsement work for the brands like Wilson Sporting Goods and Diadora.
What is the Height of Shelby Rogers?
Shelby Rogers stands at an ideal height of 1.75 m (5 ft 9 in) with a balanced body weight of 70 kg or 154.5 lbs. She has good-looking blonde hair and blue eyes. Her toned physique, shoulder-length, straight hair, radiant face, and charming smile have attracted a lot of people towards her. Shelby has an athletic body build with 33-25-38 inches of body measurement.