Shirley Knight was an American actress who appeared in more than 50 feature films, made-for-television movies, television series, and Broadway and Off-Broadway productions in her career playing leading and character roles. Also, She is a member of the Actors Studio. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Shirley Knight famous for?
- An American actress.
- Her twice nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
When was Shirley Knight born?
Recalling her early life, Shirley was born in Goessel, Kansas as the daughter of Virginia Webster and Noel Johnson Knight. His father is an oil company executive. She spent her young life in Mitchell, Kansas, and later lived in Lyons, Kansas. Similarly, she is an American nationality and belongs to White ethnicity.
Where was Shirley Knight educated?
Concerning her education, Shirley graduated from high school. later, he attended Phillips University and Wichita State University. After studying at the Pasadena Theater School, he began his film career in 1959. He then went to New York and began his theatrical career.
When did Shirley Knight begin her acting career?
- Moving towards his career, Shirley was thrown in 1958 and 1959 as Mrs. Newcomb in twenty of the thirty-nine scenes of the NBC western TV arrangement, Buckskin, with Tom Nolan, Sally Brophy, and Mike Road.
- She turned into a Warner Brothers Television contract star who while on breaks shooting films showed up in such WB TV arrangement as Maverick, Bourbon Street Beat, Sugarfoot, Cheyenne, and The Roaring 20s.
- An actual existence individual from The Actors Studio, her stage credits incorporate Three Sisters (1964), We Have Always Lived in the Castle (1966), Kennedy’s Children (1975), which earned her the Tony Award for Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Play, and A Lovely Sunday for Creve Coeur (1979).
- She was selected for the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Actress in a Play twice, for Landscape of the Body and The Young Man from Atlanta, for which she got another Tony. She likewise showed up, with Alison Fraser, in Come Back, Come Back, Wherever You Are, (2009) a unique play by writer Arthur Laurents.
- Her TV credits incorporate Target: The Corruptors!, The Eleventh Hour, The Outer Limits, The Reporter, The Fugitive, The Invaders, The Virginian, Murder, She Wrote, Thirtysomething, Law and Order, L.A. Law, Law, and Order: Special Victims Unit, Maggie Winters, ER, House M.D., Crossing Jordan, Cold Case, and Hot in Cleveland, among others. She has appeared up in different TV motion pictures, including Playing For Time and Indictment: The McMartin Trial.
- For the last mentioned, she won both the Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie and the Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television.
- Her visitor execution in thirty something earned her a 1988 Emmy for Best Guest Performer in a Drama Series. She won Emmy in 1995 for her visitor execution in the NYPD Blue scene “Huge Mouth Bass”. She showed up in the principal portion of If These Walls Could Talk. She likewise had a repetitive job on Desperate Housewives.
How did Shirley Knight die?
Shirley Knight passed away on Wednesday, 22nd April 2020 at her daughter Kaitlin Hopkin’s home in San Marcos, Texas at the age of 83 due to natural cause.
Her daughter confirmed her death in a memorial tribute addressed to her and posted on Facebook; “Early this morning April 22nd you passed away, and your sweet soul left us for a better place. I was at your side and you went peacefully. To me, you were ‘just mom’, to some you were ‘Miss Knight’, ‘Miss Shirley’, ‘Mama Shirley’ to my students, ‘Shirl the Girl’ to your friends, and ‘Shirley Knight’ to your fans.”
Who was Shirley Knight married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Shirley was married to American actor and producer Gene Persson from 1959 until their divorce in 1969. They had one son, Kaitlin Hopkins.
Her second marriage was to the English writer John Hopkins from 1969 until she died in 1998. They raised their daughter with Persson together. They had a daughter named Sophie C. Hopkins. The pair live blissful life until her death in 2020.
How much is Shirley Knight’s worth?
Being an actress, Shirley earns a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $1.5 million at the time of her death. However, her salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall was Shirley Knight?
Before her death, Shirley stands a height of 5 feet 8 inches and weighs around 75 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of blue eyes and dark brown hair color. Further, her body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.