Sophia Anna Bush, an American actress, activist, director, and producer is professionally known as Sophia Bush. She is well recognized for playing Brooke Davis in the television drama series “One Tree Hill” for nine seasons where she acted in a total of 186 episodes as well as directed four episodes. She has previously named the Tournament of Roses Parade Queen at age 17 whereas she is also known for her philanthropy work and social activism, including her work for the Time’s Up movement and DoSomething.org. Moreover, she has begun a podcast with One Tree Hill co-stars, Hilarie Burton and Bethany Joy Lenz, titled “Drama Queens” in 2021.
- Being an American actress, activist, director, and producer.
- For playing Brooke Davis in the television drama series “One Tree Hill”.
Where is Sophia Bush from?
Sophia Bush opened her eyes for the very first time on 8th July 1982 in Pasadena, California, the U.S. Her parents gave her birth with the real name of Sophia Anna Bush under the star sign of Cancer. She holds American nationality and she belongs to mixed ethnicity as she has English, Irish, Scottish, Italian, and Northern Irish ancestry. Sophia’s religion is Christian and her race is white. She has celebrated her 39th birthday as of 2021 which is her present age. Bush is the only child of Maureen Searson (mother) and Charles William Bush (father). Her mother runs a photography studio, and her father is an advertising and beauty photographer.
Talking about Sophia’s education, she graduated from Westridge School for Girls in 2000, where she was a member of the volleyball team. She was later enrolled at the University of Southern California (USC) to major in journalism. But, she dropped out after her junior year as she got the role of Brooke Davis in “One Tree Hill” in 2003.
What does Sophia Bush do for a living?
- Sophia Bush kicks off her career by making her first big-screen appearance in the 2002 film “National Lampoon’s Van Wilder” after which she began starring in several television shows, including “Nip/Tuck”, “Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and the HBO film “Point of Origin”.
- She appeared in “Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines” as Kate Brewster in 2002 and landed the role of Brooke Davis in the WB television series “One Tree Hill” in 2003.
- She has also posed on the cover of several mainstream magazines like “Entertainment Weekly”, “Lucky”, “Maxim”, “Glamour”, “InStyle”, and “Zooey Magazine”.
- Later she appeared in the 20th Century Fox comedy film “John Tucker Must Die” in July 2006 and starred in Buena Vista Pictures’ supernatural thriller “Stay Alive” in the same year.
- Bush played Grace Andrews in the 2007 remake of the classic horror film “The Hitcher” as well as she was seen in Francois Velle’s independent film “The Narrows” in 2008.
- In the following year, she co-starred in the British romantic comedy film “Chalet Girl”, which was released in February 2011.
- It was reported in February 2012 that Sophia had joined the cast of the upcoming CBS sitcom “Partners” whereas she was also cast in the main role in the television pilot “Hatfields & McCoys”.
- As well, she joined the cast of “Chicago P.D.” as Det. Erin Lindsay in August 2013 which was premiered on 8th January 2014 however she left the series after four seasons.
- She also frequently appeared on the first and third Chicago franchise series, “Chicago Fire” and “Chicago Med” respectively.
- Besides acting, she has also provided the voice of Voyd, an aspiring superhero, in Pixar’s film, “Incredibles 2” in 2018.
- Bush appeared in four episodes of the first season of “Love, Victor” on Hulu as Veronica in 2020. She has also started a podcast with One Tree Hill co-stars, Hilarie Burton and Bethany Joy Lenz, titled “Drama Queens” in 2021.
- Additionally, Sophia can be seen as Corgan in the 2021 film, “False Positive”.
- Apart from acting, Bush is a founding member of the movement Time’s Up, which is a charity that raises money to support victims of sexual harassment.
Awards and Achievements
- Teen Choice Awards for her role in “John Tucker Must Die”, “The Hitcher”
- VH1 Do Something Awards for Herself
- Annual Young Hollywood Awards for Herself
- Nelson Mandela Changemaker Award for Herself
Who is Sophia Bush Husband?
Sophia Bush is a married woman. She became engaged to her One Tree Hill co-star Chad Michael Murray in May 2004, and they married on 16th April 2005, in Santa Monica, California. However, Bush and Murray announced their separation in September 2005 after five months of marriage. In February 2006, Bush filed papers for an annulment, citing fraud. Bush’s petition was denied, and she and Murray were instead granted a divorce in December 2006.
Sophia Bush is currently in a romantic relationship with Grant Hughes with whom she is recently engaged. Grant is a businessman who lives in Los Angeles. The “One Tree Hill” star, 39, shared a photo Tuesday of the businessman on one knee in Lake Como, Italy, revealing the couple’s engagement more than one year after they were first linked. Bush gushed about the moment, which happened during a romantic boat ride, and called the proposal “the most incredible, moving surprise of my life.” “So it turns out that being your favorite person’s favorite person is the actual best feeling on planet Earth #YES,” she captioned her post. The actress added, “My heart. It bursts.” Sophia’s sexual orientation is straight.
She has also dated John Foster (2006-2007), Austin Nichols (2006-2012), James Lafferty (2008-2009), Dan Fredinburg (2013-2014), Jesse Lee Soffer (2014-2015)
How much is Sophia Bush Net Worth?
Sophia Bush has a net worth of $9 million as of 2021 whereas her exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. However, we can surely assume her salary is around thousands of dollars per year. She was also chosen as the spokesperson to endorse the launch of eMission. She has several endorsement deals, such as for Ocean Pacific clothing. In addition, her major source of income is from her actress, activist, director, and producer career.
What is the Height of Sophia Bush?
Sophia Bush has a perfect height of 5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm with a slim body build. Her body weighs around 55 kg or 121 pounds. She has good-looking dark brown hair and hazel eyes color. Her raspy voice and dimples have attracted a lot of people towards her. Furthermore, her body measurements are 35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-87 cm.