Stephen Kevin Bannon shortly named as Steve Bannon is an American media executive, political strategist, and a former investment banker. Moreover, he is also a former executive chairman of Breitbart News. He served as the White House’s chief strategist in the administration of U.S. President Donald Trump during the first seven months of Trump’s term. Steve also served on the board of Cambridge Analytica, the data-analytics firm involved in the Facebook-Cambridge Analytica data scandal. He was the vice president of Goldman Sachs and was the co-founder of Breitbart News. He has also executive produced many films in Hollywood. He was called a mastermind for helping Trump to get a shock win the 2016 Presidential election. In January 2018, Bannon was disavowed by Trump for critical comments reported in the book Fire and Fury and left Breitbart. Recently, he was indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of money laundering and fraud related to his involvement with the “We Build the Wall” project as of August 2020.
Steve Bannon was arrested and charged with fraud in “We Build the Wall” Campaign
On 20th August, he was arrested at 7:15 a.m. on a $35 million, 150-foot yacht belonging to one of his business associates, the fugitive Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui, law enforcement officials said. Bannon’s arrest was connected to a charity called “We Build the Wall”. He and three others are accused in a scheme to use funds raised for construction to pay for personal expenses. He was charged with defrauding donors to a private fund-raising effort called “We Build the Wall”, which was intended to bolster the president’s signature initiative along the Mexican border. He was working with a wounded Air Force veteran and a Florida venture capitalist conspired to cheat hundreds of thousands of donors by falsely promising that their money had been set aside for new sections of wall, according to a federal indictment unsealed in Manhattan. The fund-raising effort collected more than $25 million, and prosecutors said Bannon used nearly $1 million of it for personal expenses. Shortly after the charges were announced, Mr. Trump had sought to distance himself from Mr. Bannon and the fund-raising initiative, though the president also expressed sympathy for his former adviser. “I feel very badly,” Mr. Trump told reporters in the Oval Office. “I haven’t been dealing with him for a very long period of time.” The president said he knew nothing about the multimillion-dollar We Build the Wall campaign but quickly contradicted himself. “I don’t like that project,” Mr. Trump said. “I thought it was being done for showboating reasons.” He called paying for the border wall privately “inappropriate.” Donald Jr. (one of Trump’s son), publicly promoted the “We Build the Wall” effort at an event in 2019, calling it “private enterprise at its finest.”
- Being an American media executive, political figure, strategist, former investment banker, and the former executive chairman of Breitbart News.
- Being a former chief strategist for President Trump.
What is the Birthplace of Steve Bannon?
On 27th November 1953, Steve Bannon took birth in Norfolk, Virginia, the USA. His birth name/full name is Stephen Kevin Bannon. He was born to his parent; Doris (née Herr), a homemaker, and Martin J. Bannon Jr., who worked as an AT&T telephone lineman and as a middle manager. He grew up in a working-class family which was pro-Kennedy and pro-union Democrat. He is American by nationality and he belongs to Mixed ethnicity. He is of Irish, and some German, descent. His race is White. His Zodiac sign is Scorpio and his religion is Catholic. As of 2019, he celebrated his 66th birthday.
Where did Steve Bannon go to college?
As per Steve Bannon’s education, he graduated from Benedictine College Preparatory, a private, Catholic, military high school in Richmond, Virginia, in 1971. After that, he went to Virginia Tech, where he served as the president of the student government association. He graduated from Virginia Tech College of Architecture and Urban Studies in 1976, with a bachelor’s degree in urban planning. He also earned a master’s degree in national security studies in 1983 from Georgetown University School of Foreign Service. He earned a Master of Business Administration degree with honors from Harvard Business School in the year 1985.
What is Steve Bannon doing (Career)?
- Firstly, Steve became an officer in the United States Navy for seven years from the 1970s to 1980s where he served on the destroyer USS Paul F. Foster as a surface warfare officer in the Pacific Fleet, and afterward stateside as a special assistant to the Chief of Naval Operations at the Pentagon.
- He was deployed to the Persian Gulf to assist with Operation Eagle Claw during the Iran hostage crisis in the year 1980 but the mission failed which made him a turning point in the political field.
- He held the rank of lieutenant (O-3) at the time of his separation from the Navy.
- After that, he worked at Goldman Sachs as an investment banker in the Mergers and Acquisitions Department where he worked for two years.
- Later, he and several colleagues from Goldman Sachs launched their own company Bannon & Co., a boutique investment bank specializing in media in the year 1990.
- He also became acting director of the earth science research project Biosphere 2 in Oracle, Arizona in the year 1993.
- He ventured into entertainment and media and became an executive producer in the Hollywood film and media industry in 1990 where he produced 18 films from Sean Penn’s drama The Indian Runner (1991) to Julie Taymor’s film Titus (1999).
- He then made a documentary about Ronald Reagan titled In the Face of Evil (2004).
- Moreover, he was involved in the financing and production of a number of films, including Fire from the Heartland: The Awakening of the Conservative Woman (2010), The Undefeated (2011), and Occupy Unmasked (2012).
- From 2007 through 2011, he was the chair and CEO of Affinity Media.
- He also wrote an eight-page treatment for a new documentary called Destroying the Great Satan: The Rise of Islamic Facism (sic) in America in the year 2007.
- Additionally, he spoke at the Liberty Restoration Foundation in Orlando, Florida, about the Economic Crisis of 2008, the Troubled Assets Relief Program, and their impact on the origins of the Tea Party movement, in 2011 also discussing his films Generation Zero (2010) and The Undefeated.
- In 2015, he was ranked No. 19 on Mediaite’s list of the “25 Most Influential in Political News Media 2015”.
- He also hosted a radio show (Breitbart News Daily) on the SiriusXM Patriot satellite radio channel.
- He was a founding member of the board of Breitbart News which is right-wing news, opinion, and commentary website. Later, he became executive chair of Breitbart News LLC, the parent company of Breitbart News in March 2012.
- After this, he was appointed chief executive of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign on 17th August 2016.
- Following Donald Trump’s election to the presidency, he was appointed chief strategist and senior counselor to the President-elect on 13th November.
- During his first interview on 18th November not conducted by Breitbart Media since the 2016 presidential election, he remarked on some criticisms made about him, saying, “Darkness is good: Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That’s power. It only helps us when they get it wrong. When they’re blind to who we are and what we’re doing.”
- Donald Trump responded to the controversy over his appointment in late November, saying, “I’ve known Steve Bannon a long time. If I thought he was a racist, or alt-right, or any of the things that we can, you know, the terms we can use, I wouldn’t even think about hiring him.”
- On 31st October 2018, it was reported by Reuters that the Senate Intelligence Committee is conducting a “wide-ranging” investigation of Bannon’s activities during the campaign, including knowledge he may have had about any contacts between Russia and two campaign advisors, George Papadopoulos and Carter Page, as well as his role with Cambridge Analytica.
- Later, Trump appointed him to be his Chief Strategist, a newly created position and the position made him a counselor to the president, nearly equivalent in authority to the Chief of Staff.
- He along with Stephen Miller was involved in the creation of Executive Order 13769, which resulted in restricted U.S. travel and immigration by individuals from seven countries, suspension of the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) for 120 days, and indefinite suspension of the entry of Syrians to the United States.
- He also appeared on the cover of “Time” in February 2017, on which he was labeled “the Great Manipulator”.
- He was removed from his NSC role in early April 2017 in a reorganization by U.S. National Security Advisor H. R. McMaster, whom Bannon had helped select.
- His employment in the White House ended on August 18, 2017.
- The Washington Post reported in October 2017 that Trump and Bannon remained in regular contact.
- After his departure from White House, he declared his intention to become “the infrastructure, globally, for the global populist movement” and toured Europe to speak at events with various far-right political parties there, in a bid to build a network of right-wing populist-nationalist parties aspiring to government.
- In January 2018, upon the publication of Michael Wolff’s book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, which attributed many controversial and inflammatory statements to Bannon, Bannon and Trump became estranged and were widely seen as enemies.
- The book quoted Bannon as saying that Ivanka Trump was “as dumb as a brick”; that the meeting among Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, Paul Manafort, and agents of Russia was “treasonous”; and that Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller would cause Donald Trump Jr. to “crack like an egg on live television”.
- Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Commerce Department Secretary Wilbur Ross was questioned about Bannon’s conversations regarding the adding of a citizenship question to the 2020 census surveys in March 2019.
- On 23rd April 2019, the United States Supreme Court heard arguments regarding appeals of rejections by three circuit courts of the proposed inclusion of the survey question.
- In early 2020, he and Guo raised hundreds of millions of dollars in a private offering for a company called GTV Media Group.
- On 3rd June 2020, he and Guo participated in declaring a “New Federal State of China” (also called “Federal State of New China”).
- In November 2019, he gave evidence in the federal criminal trial of Roger Stone.
- He testified that Stone was WikiLeaks’ access point for the Trump campaign; the testimony helped establish that Stone lied to Congress.
- On 10th July 2020, his federal prison sentence was commuted by President Trump.
- Asked for a comment after Bannon himself was arrested on 20th August 2020, Stone replied, “Karma is a bitch. But I am praying for him.”
- In 2020, he also began a podcast “War Room: Pandemic”, broadcast from his Capitol Hill townhouse; Bannon told friends that Trump had “told others that he watches the program and that the president was familiar enough with it to cite specific interviews he had seen when the two men spoke this summer.”
- On 20th August 2020, a federal grand jury indictment was unsealed against him and three others, charging them with conspiracy to commit wire fraud and money laundering.
- He was arrested by US Postal Inspectors off the coast of Connecticut, onboard Guo Wengui’s luxury yacht Lady May; later that day, he pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Who is Steve Bannon’s Wife?
Steve Bannon is a married man. He has been married and divorced three times. Firstly, he married Cathleen Suzanne Houff. Cathleen gave birth to a daughter, Maureen in the year 1988. Later, the duo divorced due to some reasons which have not been disclosed yet. After that, he married Mary Louise Piccard, a former investment banker, in April 1995 for the second time. Their twin daughters were born three days after the wedding. Later in 1997, his wife, Mary filed for dissolution of their marriage where he was charged with misdemeanor domestic violence, battery, and dissuading a witness in early January 1996 after Piccard accused Bannon of domestic abuse. He then married for the third time with Diane Clohesy; they married in 2006 and divorced in the year 2009. They do not have any kids. At present, he seems to be living a single life as there is no rumors about her dating/affairs/relationships with anyone after his divorce with his wife. He is living a happy life being single without any disturbances. Moving towards his sexual orientation, he is straight, and he is not gay.
How much is Steve Bannon’s Net Worth?
Steve Bannon is a media executive, political strategist, former investment banker, and the former executive chairman of Breitbart News. The net worth of Steve is estimated to have $50 Million as of 2020. He has earned a fortune from his career as being media executive and political strategist with many other professionals. The financial disclosure showed that Steve Bannon earned several hundred thousand dollars in 2016 as a consultant for various conservative media organizations as of 2017. Additionally, his consulting firm Bannon Strategic Advisors Inc was valued between $5 million and $25 million and that he personally held bank accounts with as much as $2.25 million and real estate rental property worth as much as $10.5 million. Recently on 20th August, he was arrested on a 150-foot yacht off the coast of Connecticut by US Postal Inspectors. Bannon’s arrest was connected to a charity called “We Build the Wall”. The yacht Bannon was arrested on is owned by a Chinese billionaire named Guo Wengui who is one of China’s most-wanted fugitives. Bannon and Wengui are allegedly the two key executives behind GTV which raised $300 million in a private offering in spring 2020. There is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his present work. Without a doubt, he is living a lavish and luxurious lifestyle. He owns expensive cars like Range Rover, Jaguar, and Ford.
How tall is Steve Bannon?
Being at the sixties, Steve Bannon still looks very young and handsome as well. He has got a tall height of 181 cm or 5 ft 11 in. His balanced weight consists of 86 Kg or 190 lbs. His body build is Average. Overall, he has got a healthy body with perfect body measurements. His hair color is salt and pepper and his eye color is brown.