Tarvaris D’Andre Jackson famed as Tarvaris Jackson was an American football quarterback. He started his professional career with Minnesota Vikings. Later on, he also played for Seattle Seahawks and Buffalo Bills. His professional football career ended in 2015 after he announced his retirement after playing for Seattle Seahawks. The Vikings selected Jackson in the second round of the 2006 NFL Draft, and Jackson played for the Vikings from 2006 to 2010. In the year 2011, he signed with the Seahawks and he was starting quarterback for the 2011 season. Later, he was traded to the Bills before the 2012 NFL season but never played a game. He then returned to the Seahawks in 2013. He was the backup quarterback for Russell Wilson during Super Bowl XLVIII over the Denver Broncos. Overall, he was a very talented footballer.
Former NFL quarterback Tarvaris Jackson died in a car crash
36-Years old, Former NFL quarterback Tarvaris Jackson died in a car crash in Alabama on Sunday night. He was killed when the 2012 Chevrolet Camaro he was driving “left the roadway, struck a tree, and overturned”. He was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead. The crash occurred about 7 miles south of Montgomery, his hometown. “Our entire Vikings family is saddened by the news of Tarvaris Jackson being taken from us too soon,” the Minnesota Vikings said on Twitter. “One of Tarvaris’ greatest attributes was his positive outlook and approach. He genuinely cared about others, was a good friend and will be missed by family, teammates, and Vikings fans everywhere.” He joined Tennessee State University as the Tigers’ quarterbacks coach in 2019 after coaching at Alabama State, his alma mater, for a year. During his 10-year career with the NFL, he accumulated 45 career touchdowns.
- Being a former football quarterback.
- For playing the majority of his career with Minnesota Vikings from 2006 to 2010.
What is the Cause of Death of Tarvaris Jackson?
Tarvaris died in a car accident on 12th April 2020, in Alabama, the United States at the age of 36. The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency said Jackson was killed in a single-car crash at 8:50 p.m. He had been driving in Pike Road, Alabama, when his 2012 Chevrolet Camaro drifted off the road, struck a tree and flipped.
What is the birthplace of Tarvaris Jackson?
Tarvaris was born as Tarvaris D. Jackson (birthname/real name) to his father Sasanque Jackson Scott on 21st April 1983, in Montgomery, Alabama, the USA. He was American by nationality and he belonged to black ethnicity. His star sign was Pisces and he followed Christian religion. Regarding her education, he graduated in 2001 from Sidney Lanier High School in Montgomery. Later, he enrolled at the University of Arkansas where he played for the Arkansas Razorbacks football team. In the year 2003, he transferred to the Alabama University. He played outstandingly well during his college years. As a senior in 2005, he became the Alabama State team captain. He threw for 2,655 yards, 25 touchdowns, and 5 interceptions. He rushed for 271 yards and 2 touchdowns on 95 carries.
How was the career of Tarvaris Jackson?
- From an early age, Tarvaris Jackson showed a huge interest in football. His professional career started in 2006.
- He started his professional career with Minnesota Vikings.
- He was selected with the last pick in the 2nd round (64th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft, while he was projected to go much later, in the sixth or seventh round.
- He played the majority of his career with Minnesota Vikings from 2006 to 2010.
- His 2006 pre-season passer rating was 106.1, 15th in the league out of 110 quarterbacks who performed.
- His pre-season performance was enough to surpass second and third-string quarterbacks Mike McMahon and J. T. O’Sullivan on the depth chart.
- On 25th September 2006, he had minor knee surgery (injured) to repair the meniscus in his knee.
- He was named the starting quarterback for Minnesota towards the end of his rookie season.
- He had nine touchdowns and 12 interceptions, along with a 159 yards per game, causing the Vikings to have the second-worst passing offense in the NFL in his 2007 season.
- Head coach Brad Childress decided to stay with Jackson as the starting quarterback and brought in Gus Frerotte to be his backup in 2008.
- In the first game of the regular season against the Green Bay Packers, he threw a game-ending interception and in the second game the Vikings made five field goal attempts and no touchdowns against the Indianapolis Colts.
- The Vikings season ended in the Wild Card Round of the playoffs with a loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
- He then went 15-for-35 for 164 yards in the game with one interception.
- In his 2009 season, Jackson helped his case with a strong performance in Favre’s debut game against the Kansas City Chiefs, throwing for 202 yards and two touchdowns in backup work.
- He entered the Vikings’ first two games of the season in garbage time.
- On 3rd March 2011, the Vikings declined to tender Jackson a contract offer to play for them in the 2011 season.
- On 29th July 2011, he agreed to a two-year contract with the Seattle Seahawks.
- On 26th August 2012, he was acquired by Buffalo Bills.
- On 15th February 2013, he re-signed a one-year $ 2.5 million contract with Bills.
- On 13th June 2013, he signed a one-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks.
- He appeared in three games of the 2013 regular season producing 151 passing yards and a touchdown.
- The Seahawks won their first Super Bowl in franchise history as they defeated the Broncos 43-8.
- He signed a one-year deal to stay with the Seahawks.
- The Seahawks made it to Super Bowl XLIX, but failed to repeat as Super Bowl champions as they fell to the New England Patriots by a score of 28-24.
- In the 2015 season, he became an unrestricted free agent.
- His career ended in 2015.
- As a coaching career, he took a graduate assistant role at Alabama State, his alma mater in 2018.
- He was named quarterbacks coach for Tennessee State in the year 2019.
How much is Tarvaris Jackson’s Net Worth as of 2020?
Tarvaris Jackson was a former American football quarterback and he had accumulated a huge amount of money from his NFL career. He paid a huge amount as salary during his playing career. His net worth at the time of his death is calculated to be $12 million. He reportedly earned $13,889,027 during his career. In the year 2013, his salary was $1,340,000; in 2014, his salary was $1,250,000 and in 2015, his salary was $1,503,027. His professional football career ended in 2015 after he announced his retirement after playing for Seattle Seahawks. Prior to his death, he was living a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings.
Who is Tarvaris Jackson’s Wife?
Tarvaris Jackson was a married person. During his college years, he was in an affair with several girls. However, none of his relationships lasted long. In the year 2009, he celebrated his marriage with her long time girlfriend Lakitta Jackson. Together, they were blessed with three children named Tarvaris, Takayla, and Tyson. On 24th June 2016, he was arrested by the police of a pulling gun on his spouse as he had threatening to kill her. His sexual orientation was straight.
How tall is Tarvaris Jackson?
With an athletic body build, Tarvaris Jackson was a handsome hunk. He has maintained his body a lot. He had got a great personality with a charming personality and attractive attitude attracting a lot of people towards him. He had a perfect height of 6 feet and 2 inches, which is around 1.87m. He had a weight of 225 lb, which is around 102 kg. His other body measurements is under review but it will be added soon once we get information about it.