Tess Daly is an English model and television presenter. She is best known for co-presenting the BBC One celebrity dancing show, “Strictly Come Dancing” since 2004. She is also a novelist, published her first novel, “The Camera Never Lies, a tale of love behind the scenes” in 2011, and her second novel, “It’s Up to You New York” was published in 2013.
She is active in social media sites with over 517k followers on her Instagram: @tessdaly and with over 257k followers on her Twitter: @TessDaly.
What is Tess Daly famous for?
- Co-presenting the BBC One celebrity dancing show “Strictly Come Dancing”.
Where was Tess Daly born?
Tess Daly was born on April 27, 1969, in Stockport, Cheshire, England. Her birth name is Helen Elizabeth Daly. She was born to father, Vivian Daly, and mother, Sylvia Daly. She has a younger sister, Karen Daly. She holds an English nationality and belongs to White ethnic backgrounds. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. She is of Irish descent.
Regarding her education, she attended Hayfield Primary School and New Mills Secondary School and gained 9 O-levels from there.
Tess Daly’s Career Highlights
- Tess Daly started her first professional modeling job at the age of 17 in Tokyo.
- In 1990, she appeared in two videos for Duran Duran in the songs “Serious” and “Violence of Summer”.
- In 1993, she appeared nude in the video for The Beloved’s in the song “Sweet Harmony”.
- Later she became the face of Danone Shape yogurt and lingerie company La Senza in the UK.
- In 2001, she appeared as a TV presenter in the TV series “L.A. Pool Party”.
- Thereafter, she has presented shows including “SMTV Live”, “Back To Reality” and the first series of “Make Me a Supermodel” with Dave Berry.
- In 2004, she appeared as a co-presenter on BBC One’s show “Strictly Come Dancing” along with Bruce Forsyth. She initially co-hosted the program with Bruce Forsyth until 2013 and since 2014 she co-hosts with Claudia Winkleman.
- In 2007, she co-presented the second series of “Just the Two of Us” on BBC One with her husband Vernon Kay.
- She has also hosted “This Time Tomorrow” a BBC National Lottery game show broadcast on BBC One from 5 July to 23 August 2008.
- She has presented the BBC telethon “Children in Need” with Terry Wogan and Fearne Cotton since 2008.
- She co-hosted a TV show “the Royal Variety Performance” on 17 December 2008.
- In November 2013, she guest-presented an episode of “The One Show” alongside Matt Baker.
- In early 2015, she co-hosted Strictly Come Dancing charity spin-off “The People’s Strictly for Comic Relief” for BBC One. The same year, she co-hosted a show, “Being Mum” for AOL alongside Rochelle Humes.
- In 2018, she hosted “Sir Bruce: A Celebration”, a tribute to one of Britain’s best-loved entertainers, Sir Bruce Forsyth, featuring music, dance, and personal tributes from a wealth of stars.
- In 2019, she played an unnamed character who hosts fictional TV show The Spotlight, in the CBBC drama “Almost Never”.
- In 2011, Tess Daly published her first novel, “The Camera Never Lies, a tale of love behind the scenes”. Her second book, “It’s Up to You New York” was published in 2013.
Tess Daly’s Husband
Tess Daly is a married woman. She married DJ and TV presenter, Vernon Kay on 12 September 2003 at St Mary’s Catholic Church in Horwich. The couple blessed with two daughters, Phoebe Elizabeth Daly on October 17, 2004, and Amber Isabella Daly on May 30, 2009. She lives in Fulmer, Buckinghamshire with her family.
Tess Daly’s Body Measurements
Tess Daly is a beautiful lady with a fair skin tone. She maintains her figure fit and fabulous by doing Pilates and Yoga. She stands a height of 1.75 m (5 feet 8 inches) tall. She has a body weight of 57 kg (126.66 lbs.). Her body measurements are 34-25-34 inches. She wears a bra size of 34B. Her shoe size is 10 (US). Her eye color is Hazel and her hair color is Blonde. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Tess Daly’s Net Worth
As a model and TV presenter, Tess Daly has made quite good worth. She has also worked as a brand ambassador for makeup giants L’Oréal and also endorsed for jewelry brand Pandora. Her major source of earnings comes from her professional TV presenter career. Her net worth is estimated to be almost £3 million.