Theo Bernard Francois Hernandez is a French professional footballer who is excellently known as Theo Hernandez. He plays as a left-back for Serie A club AC Milan and the France national team with a jersey number 19. He joined Real Madrid in 2017 after beginning his professional career with Atletico Madrid. In 2018 he’d play on loan for Real Sociedad. He joined the Atletico Madrid youth setup in 2008 when he was ten years old and he made it to the reserves in Tercera Division seven years later. Theo also helped the Basques reach the Copa del Rey final for the first time in their 91 year history. Moreover, Theo received his first call to France senior squad on 26th August 2021 and made his debut on 7th September 2021 in a World Cup qualifier against Finland, a 2-0 home victory.
Theo Hernandez completes stunning comeback and puts Les Bleus into Nations League final
France produced an extraordinary comeback to stun Belgium and clinch a place in the Uefa Nations League final against Spain on Sunday. Didier Deschamps’ team, looking to reassert themselves after a humbling defeat by Switzerland at Euro 2020, trailed 2-0 at half-time but overwhelmed Belgium in the second half, with the turnaround crowned by a superb winner from the AC Milan left-back Theo Hernandez. For Belgium’s golden generation, who were looking to avenge defeat by France in the 2018 World Cup semi-final, their thirst for tournament success remains unslaked. “We came back in a very impressive way,” Hugo Lloris, the France captain, said. “It was like a boxing match. Mentally, we were very strong and it’s a great feeling.”
- Being a French professional footballer.
- For playing as a left-back for Serie A club AC Milan and the France national team.
Where is Theo Hernandez from?
Theo Hernandez stepped for the very first time on 6th October 1997 in Marseille, France. He took birth with the real name of Theo Bernard Francois Hernandez in the Christian religious family. He holds French nationality and he belongs to French-white ethnic background. Theo’s present age is 24 which he celebrated back in 2020 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Libra. Thus, his race is white. Hernandez’s father, Jean-Francois, was also a footballer. A center-back of Spanish descent, he too played for Atletico Madrid. His mother’s name is Py Laurence. He has an older brother, Lucas, who also plays for Bayern Munich and France, was also developed at the club.
Everything You Need To Know About Lucas Hernandez
What does Theo Hernandez do for a living?
- Theo Hernandez jumps off his career joining Atletico Madrid’s academy in 2007 at the age of nine and after progressing through the youth categories, he was promoted to the reserves in Tercera Division in summer 2015.
- He renewed his contract on 3rd February 2016 and he was called up to the first team for a La Liga match against Eibar due to injuries but remained an unused substitute in the 3-1 home win.
- Theo extended his contract until 2021 on 4th August 2021, being immediately loaned to fellow league club Deportivo Alaves for one year.
- Then he made his professional debut late in the month, starting in a 0-0 home draw with Sporting de Gijon whereas was given a straight red card in a 1-1 home draw to Málaga after a hard tackle on Ignacio Camacho on 16th October 2016.
- Hernandez scored his first professional goal the following 7th May, netting the game’s only goal in a home victory over Athletic Bilbao.
- He helped them reach the final for the first time in their 91-year history during the Basque team’s run in the Copa del Rey.
- He also scored the equalizer through a direct free kick in an eventual 1-3 loss against Barcelona on 27th May 2017.
- Theo signed a six-year deal with Real Madrid after they met his release clause of €24 million on 5th July 2017 where he made his competitive debut on 16th August, replacing Marco Asensio in a 2-0 home win against Barcelona for that year’s Supercopa de Espana.
- He also made three appearances during the 2017-2018 edition of the UEFA Champions League, helping the club win its third consecutive and 13th overall title in the competition. However, he was loaned to Real Sociedad on 10th August 2018.
- Theo joined Serie A club AC Milan in a deal worth a maximum of €20 million on 7th July 2019 and made his official debut on 21st September 2019, playing 18 minutes in the 2-0 defeat against Inter Milan in the Derby Della Madonnina.
- On 5th October, he scored his first goal for the “Rossoneri” helping the visitors come from behind to win 2-1 at Genoa.
- Hernandez received his first call to France senior squad on 26th August 2021 and made his debut on 7th September 2021 in a World Cup qualifier against Finland, a 2-0 home victory. He began and played the whole game
- Theo for the first time received a call-up to the national team from Didier Deschamps together with his brother Lucas in October 2021, ahead of the UEFA Nations League semi-finals against Belgium.
- As well, he scored a winner in the 3-2 victory against the aforementioned opponent on 7th October 2021, sending his team to the final for the first time in history.
Awards and Achivements
- Copa del Rey runner-up: 2016-2017
- Supercopa de Espana: 2017
- UEFA Champions League: 2017-2018
- UEFA Super Cup: 2017
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2017
- AC Milan Player of the Season: 2019-2020
- Serie A Team of the Year: 2019-2020
- Milan on 06/07/2019 for 20M €
- Real Madrid on 30/06/2019 at the End of loan
- Real Sociedad on 10/08/2018 for loan
- Real Madrid on 05/07/2017 at 30M €
- Atletico Madrid on 30/06/2017 at the End of loan
- Deportivo Alaves on 04/08/2016 for loan
- Atletico Madrid on 01/07/2016
- Atletico Madrid B on 01/07/2015
- Atletico Madrid B on 01/07/2013 From Atletico Youth
Who is Theo Hernandez Dating?
Theo Hernandez is an unmarried footballer. He is currently in a romantic relationship with his beautiful girlfriend, Zoe Cristofoli who is a renowned tattoo artist. They met shortly after Theo joined AC Milan in 2019. They fell in love instantly and Theo has made no secret of his admiration for Zoe in their social media accounts. But, according to Italian media, Hernandez and his girlfriend, Zoe has called it quits after nearly a year of dating. Neither of them has yet denied or confirmed the news. Concerning Theo’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Theo Hernandez Net Worth?
Theo Hernandez has a net worth of $5 million as of 2021 whereas his annual salary is around € 2.7 million. His highest market value is €50.00m as of 29th December 2020 which is also his current market value too. With his calm and easy-going personality, he is expected to get more popular in the coming years, and we can expect him to climb the ladders of success in sports. In addition, Theo’s major source of income is from his football career.
What is the Height of Theo Hernandez?
Theo Hernandez stands at a tall height of 1.84 m (6 ft 0 in) with a balanced bodyweight of 78 kg. He has blonde hair and dark brown eyes color. He has an athletic body build. Hernandez is also obsessed with having new tattoos on his body. He has a total of 9 tattoos on his body including a giant “Pagoda” tattoo which covers the entirety of his back.