Tia Mowry is an American actress and model who is well-known for her inherent acting skills and poignant performances. She first gained limelight for her teen role as Tia Landry in the ABC/WB sitcom ‘Sister, Sister’ and since then there has been no looking back for this skilled actress. She has given one memorable performance after the other, starting with the 2006 comedy-drama ‘The Game’ wherein she portrayed the role of Melanie Barnett.
Having established her career as an actress, Tia has now widened her artistic horizons and is aiming for a career in singing as well. And this is not just all, Tia is a very well-known basketball player as well. She is the head coach of the Entertainment Basketball League celebrity team and even coaches the Atlanta team. To know more about the multi-talented actress, keep reading below.
Who are the parents of Tia Mowry?
Recalling her early life, Tia Mowry was born in Gelnhausen, West Germany. She is the daughter of Darlene Renée Mowry and Timothy John Mowry. Her mother worked as a security guard whereas father was in the U.S. Army at the time of her birth, and later became a custody officer/jailer with the City of Glendale Police Department. She belongs to the American nationality and her ethnicity is Irish ancestry as well as Afro-Bahamian descent. Additionally, she has three siblings named Tamera Mowry, Tavior Mowry, and Tahj Mowry.
Regarding his early life, she attended Birmingham High School in Van Nuys, California. Later, he is majoring in psychology at Pepperdine University and spent summer 2001 studying abroad at Pepperdine’s Italian campus in Florence.
When did Tia Mowry begin to start acting?
- Tia had started her career by entering pageants and talent shows. She had even appeared in the Rob Schneider comedy film The Hot Chick, playing cheerleaders along with her sister.
- Then, she did voiceovers for the Bratz cartoon series as the voice of Sasha. She had Disney Channel Original Movie Twitches, reprised their roles in its sequel, Twitches Too and before co-starred in the 2000 movie Seventeen Again along with her sister in 2000.
- Then she had starred on an episode of her sister’s television show, Strong Medicine, playing the role of Keisha in 2006. She had published her first book, Oh, Baby: Pregnancy Tales and Advice from One Hot Mama to Another in 2012. She had stated via her Twitter account that she would not be returning to The Game, for the sixth season in the same year.
- Similarly, she has starred in her Cooking Channel series Tia Mowry at Home where she makes everything from macaroni and cheese, cake, and various types of cocktails in 2015. The next year (2016), she had started a podcast on PodcastOne called Mostly Mom with Tia Mowry.
- In 2019, she began playing the starring role of Cocoa McKellan in the Netflix comedy series Family Reunion.
Is Tia Mowry married or not?
Reflecting on her personal life, Tia Mowry is a married woman. She had tied the knot with Cory Hardrict on 20th April 2008. The couple is blessed with two children i.e, a son, Cree Taylor Hardrict who was born on 28 June 2011 and after a lot of struggle to conceive she became pregnant and on 5th May 2018, she had her second baby, a daughter.
But there is no issue of separation between the blessed couple. Their relationship is depending on mutual trust and understanding. They both are loyal to each other.
How much net worth does Tia Mowry own?
From her career, Tia must earn the sum of a good amount of money and fame in the field of the entertainment industry as an actress. As per online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $8 million. However, his salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Tia Mowry?
Observing her body physiques, Tia stands a height of 5 feet 6 inches and weighs around 56 Kg. She has both dark blonde hair and sparkling dark brown eyes. Further, Her body measurements are of 36-27-35 inches.