Tim Roth is a British actor who started his career in films and TV series in the 1980s. He made his TV debut in “Made in Britain” (1982), and theatrical film debut in “The Hit” (1984). After that, he rose to fame after his appearance in films, including The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover, (1989), Vincent & Theo (1990), and Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead (1990).
He also collaborated with Quentin Tarantino on several films, such as Reservoir Dogs (1992), Pulp Fiction (1994), Four Rooms (1995), and The Hateful Eight (2015).
Tim made his directorial debut with the film The War Zone (1999). He played Cal Lightman in the Fox series Lie to Me (2009–2011) and Jim Worth / Jack Devlin in the Sky Atlantic series Tin Star (2017–2020). Roth also portrayed Emil Blonsky / Abomination in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film The Incredible Hulk (2008), reprising the role in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021) and the Disney+ series She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (2022).
Tim Roth Known For
- Tim Roth is an actor, director, producer, and voiceover artist.
- He is known for his role as Archibald Cunningham in Rob Roy, and John Harrett/Frank Dwyer in Emmett’s Mark, Ringo (Pumpkin) in Pulp Fiction.
When was Tim Roth Born?
Tim Roth was born on May 14, 1961, in Dulwich, London, England. His birth name is Timothy Simon Roth. He is the son of Ernie and his wife, Ann. His dad was a Fleet Street journalist, painter, and member of the British Communist Party until the 1970s. His mum was a painter and teacher. His father changed his surname from Smith to Roth in 1940. He holds British nationality and his ethnicity is British-Irish. He celebrated his 61st birthday in 2022. Taurus is his zodiac sign and his religion is Christian.
Tim is a child s*xual abuse survivor and has revealed that it was his paternal grandfather who s*xually abused him from childhood until his early teen years. The man even s*xually abused Roth’s own father when he was a child.
About his education, he attended school in Lambeth before moving to Croydon Technical School due to bullying. He attended the Strand School in Tulse Hill. As a young man, he wanted to be a sculptor and studied at London’s Camberwell College of Arts.
Tim Roth Acting Career
- Tim Roth made his film debut in “The Hit” as Myron in 1984.
- During the 1980s, Tim Roth starred in TV such as Made in Britain, Meantime, and Murder with Mirrors.
- He next played an East End character in “King of the Ghetto”.
- In 1990, he played Vincent van Gogh in “Vincent & Theo”, and Guildenstern in “Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead”.
- Next, he collaborated with Quentin Tarantino on several films, including “Reservoir Dogs”, “Pulp Fiction” and “Four Rooms”.
- After then, he appeared as Archibald Cunningham in “Rob Roy”. For his performance in Rob Roy (1995), Roth won the BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role, and was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture and the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.
- In the year 1996, he starred in Woody Allen’s musical film “Everyone Says I Love You”.
- Next on, he played “Danny Boodman T.D. Lemon 1900” in “The Legend of 1900”, and co-starred in the film “Gridlock’d”.
- He made his directorial debut film “The War Zone” in 1999.
- In 2001, he played General Thade the evil chimpanzee in Tim Burton’s “Planet of the Apes”.
- Moreover, he starred in Francis Ford Coppola’s film “Youth Without Youth”, Michael Haneke’s “Funny Games”, and played Emil Blonsky / Abomination, a Russian-born officer in the British Royal Marines Commandos, in “The Incredible Hulk”.
- From 2009 to 2011, he starred in “Lie To Me” as Cal Lightman.
- In 2009, he appeared in the television documentary, “Monty Python: Almost the Truth” (Lawyers Cut).
- He also appeared on the cover of Manic Street Preachers’ 2010 studio album, “Postcards from a Young Man”.
- He starred as FIFA President Sepp Blatter in “United Passions” in 2014.
- After a year, he starred in the film “Chronic” which received a limited release in 2016.
- He played Oswaldo Mobray in the ensemble western film “The Hateful Eight”.
- He reprised his role as Emil Blonsky/Abomination in the film “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings”, and in the Disney+ series “She-Hulk: Attorney at Law” (2022).
Who is Tim Roth’s Wife?
Tim Roth is married man to Nikki Butler. They tied the knot in 1993. The duo is blessed with two sons – Timothy Hunter (b. 1995) and Michael Cormac (b. 1996- d. 2022). Tim and Nikki are enjoying their present life a lot. Tims’s sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, he dated Lori Baker (1983-1985). After that, he was in a relationship with Emily Lloyd (1991-1992).
Tim Roth’s son Michael Cormac dies at 25
Michael Cormac passed away on 31st October 2022 at the age of 25 after being diagnosed with Stage 3 germ cell cancer in November 2021. Cormac Roth was a musician by profession who released his debut EP, Python, in 2018.
Cormac Roth, Musician and Son of Tim Roth, Dies at 25
What is Tim Roth’s Net Worth?
Tim Roth is an actor, TV producer, and film director whose net worth is estimated to have $8 million. He made that sum of money from his professional career. He earns a salary of $275 thousand per episode. His annual salary is in around $1 Million at present. His main source of welath comes from the entertainment industry and he is living a lavish lifestyle from his career earnings.
Tim Roth Height and Weight
Tim Roth is a handsome man with a slim body type. He has a height of 5 ft. 7 inches or 1.73 m. His body weight consists of 72 kg or 158.5 lbs. His hair color is light Brown but due to advancing age, his hair color has turned ‘Salt and Pepper’. He has a pair of green-blue eyes. He has got a healthy body at present.
Leave a Reply