Tinie Tempah is a British rapper, singer, and songwriter, and also a television presenter, Tempah along with his cousin Dumi Oburota founded his own entertainment company, “Disturbing London” in 2006. Since then he has released several of his hit albums including his first debut album, “Disc-overy”.
Having his career started in the year 2005, Tinie got much popularity following the release of his debut single, “Pass Out” and another single, “Written in the Stars” that topped several charts. He has released three studio albums to date earning several MOBO Awards and the Brit Awards. His most recent single was released titled “Love Me Like” in September 2021.
With his up growing popularity, he has managed to amass a fan following of over 761k followers on his verified Instagram account: @tiniegram, and over 1.6 million followers on his Twitter account: @tinie.
What is Tinie Tempah famous for?
- Famous as a British rap artist.
- Known for his singles; “Pass Out” and “Written in the Stars”.
Where is Tinie Tempah from?
Tinie Tempah was born on November 7, 1988, in Plumstead, London, England. His birth name is Patrick Chukwuemeka Okogwu. His nationality is British. Patrick belongs to the African-American ethnicity while Scorpio is his zodiac sign and Roman Catholic is his religion.
Born as the eldest son of four children to his Igbo parents, Tinie was raised in his hometown alongside his three younger siblings; Kelly, Kelvin, and Marlin. His father initially worked as a barber and then as a social worker while his mother was an NHS administrator.
Before living at Aylesbury Estate’ in South East London, his family moved to Plumstead when Tempah was 12 years old where he attended St Paul’s Catholic School after then went to study – levels in media studies, psychology, and religious studies at St. Francis Xavier’s Sixth Form College”.
Growing up, he enjoyed listening to several genres of music especially rap songs that he started to record the song by age of 14 and even decided to have his stage name, “Tinie Tempah” after watching the thesaurus.
Tinie Tempah’s Career Legacy
- Tinie Tempah’s career started in 2005 with the release of his first mixed tape, “Chapter 1:Verse 22” through Aftershock Records.
- His songs, “Tears” and “Wifey” were released a year later in 2006.
- It was followed by the release of the mixtape, “Hood Economics Room 147: The 80 Minute Course” in the year 2007 that helped him gain recognition.
- His biggest breakthrough came when he founded the independent label along with his manager and cousin, Dumio Oburota in 2008.
- Just a year later, he signed a deal with Parlophone Records.
- In 2010, he released his first debut single titled “Pass Out” which charted no. 1 in the UK singles chart.
- He also performed on radio 1 big weekend in Bangor and toured with several popular singers like Chipmunk, Tinchy Strider.
- The other greatest second single of his titled “Frisky” was later used for the 2013 Bacardi commercial advertisement.
- His third single, “Written in the Stars” also charted no. 1 on the UK singles chart in several countries.
- Following several hit singles, his double-platinum debut album titled “Disc-overy” was released on October 4, 2010.
- Other of his singles from the album include; “Invincible” and “Wonderman”.
- In 2013, “Trampoline” and “Children of the Sun”, singles from his second album were released.
- His second album, ‘Demonstration,’ was officially released on November 4, 2013.
- In 2014, he released singles; “Lover Not A Fighter” and “5 Minutes” alongside a featuring song, “Crazy Stupid Love” alongside Cheryl Cole.
- On June 21, 2015, “Not Letting Go” was released which also charted no. 1 on charts marking Tinie’s sixth no. 1 single.
- Other singles from his third album were “Girls Like” featuring Zara Larsson and “Text from Your Ex” featuring Tinashe.
- His third album, “Youth” was released in 2017.
- His recent single, “Love Me Like This” featuring Maia Wright was released in September 2021.
- Besides, he has appeared in TV shows as well including “Top Gear”, “Bring the Noise”.
- He also appeared in a Channel 4 documentary, “The Talk” in 2020.
- In 2021, he presented the four-part Channel Four documentary, “Outrageous (Extraordinary) Extensions”.
- 2 MOBO Awards for best video and song
- MP3 Music Awards, The UGG Award (Urban/Garage/Grime)
- 3 Urban Music Awards for Best Newcomer, Best Hip-Hop Act, and Best Collaboration
- BT Digital Music Awards
- UK Festival Awards for Breakthrough Artist
- Brit Awards
- Ivor Novello Awards
- BET Awards
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards for Best International Artist
Is Tinie Tempah Married or Single?
Tinie Tempah is a married man and has been married just once to date. His first and the only marriage was with Eve De Haan with whom he got married in a private wedding ceremony in a church on July 4, 2019. Eve is also an artist from London known as the granddaughter of Saga founder, Sidney De Haan.
The couple is blessed with two children and kept their relationship private for years. They welcomed their first daughter in 2018 and had another baby girl earlier this year in 2021.
They want to provide their children the best environment to grow in and he feels proud of his fatherhood. Besides, he is a perfectionist and also a UNICEF UK supporter who has worked for various charities for young people, especially for people in his native country, Nigeria.
How much is Tinie Tempah’s Net Worth?
Tinie Tempah was an overnight sensation that he went from complete unknown to famous superstar overnight. Looking through which he surely has managed to earn a healthy income from his work for over 15 years now.
Having his career started in 2005 first with his mixtapes, he has become co-founder of his own entertainment company, “Disturbing London”. INcluding which he has a net worth estimated around $3 million as of 2021. With his million worth fortune, he surely is living a lavish life with all the endeavors that he has put in his music journey.
Tinie Tempah’s Height and Weight
Tinie Tempah is a handsome guy with a well-maintained athletic body physique in his 30s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 8inch.(1.73m) while his body weighs around 70kg(154lbs). He keeps up his body fit with his regular workout routines which gives a measurement of 42-34-15 inches with his Chest Size as 42, Waist Size 34 & Biceps Size 15 inches.
He has a dark complexion with black hair and dark brown eyes.