In today’s article, we are going to provide you information about Tony Grossi. If you don’t know him we would like to tell you that he is one of the most famous & popular multi-talented personalities of the United States of America. You will be surprised after knowing about his several professions, he is a former sportswriter, author, radio host, Tv celeb, and analyst for ESPN Cleveland. Additionally, he has also worked as a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame selection board.
- A radio/TV personality, author, and former newspaper sportswriter.
Early Life and Education of Tony Grossi
Recalling his early life, Tony was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio, the US in the year of 1957. He is American by nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. Information regarding his parents and siblings is yet to be disclosed.
For education, He graduated high school in 1976 and later attended Ohio University, where he graduated in 1979 with a Bachelor of Science degree in journalism.
Tony Grossi’s Career
- Upon graduation, Tony began working for the Cleveland Plain Dealer as a sports reporter, and in 1984 became the full-time Browns beat reporter.
- He was recognized for his work in 1987 when he was named Ohio Sportswriter of the Year by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association (NSSA).
- In 1994, He was named to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Board of Selectors.
- In 2004, He would write his first book, titled Tales From the Browns Sideline, chronicling the history of the team as well as his anecdotes from covering the Browns through the years.
- In 2007, He would join the then-new regional cable sports network SportsTime Ohio (STO) as an analyst on Browns themed programming.
- In his role as Browns beat reporter and NFL insider, Grossi’s reports and columns contributed to the Plain Dealer becoming a three-time Ohio Associated Press Award winner for Best Daily Sports Section (2007, 2010, 2011 – Division V), as well as winning individual honors for Best Game Story in 2007.
- In January 2012, He – while discussing then Browns owner Randy Lerner’s reclusive nature and lack of success with the Browns – tweeted that he viewed Lerner as “pathetic” and “the world’s most irrelevant billionaire”.
- Because of this, he was immediately removed from the Browns beat and reassigned to other duties in the sports department. He would eventually quit the Plain Dealer on March 7th.
- Five days after officially leaving the Plain Dealer, Grossi signed with the sports radio station (and eventual Browns flagship) WKNR AM 850 to be their Browns, beat reporter and analyst. Along with this, He continues in his role on SportsTime Ohio, and as part of the Pro Football Hall of Fame selection committee.
- On February 25th, 2020, He was indefinitely suspended by WKNR after referring to Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield as a “fucking midget” during a discussion regarding the team.
Personal Life of Tony Grossi
Reflecting on his personal life, Tony’s current marital status is yet to be disclosed. He didn’t share anything about his personal affairs and relationships with the media till dates. That’s means, he likes to live as an ordinary man. If you know more about him, please share it with us by using the comment below. So, we can share others like you.
Net Worth of Tony Grossi
Being a TV personality by profession, Tony earns a decent amount of money and fame through his multiple professions in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $1 million at present. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
Body Measurements of Tony Grossi
Observing his body statistics, Tony stands a height of 5 feet 6 inches and weighs around 58 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of brown eyes and white hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.