Nickname by ‘Silent Assassin’, Tony Snell is an American professional basketball athlete of the National Basketball Association (NBA) who is playing for the current team, Atlanta Hawks. His playing position is Small forward / Shooting guard and his shirt number/jersey is 19 for Atlanta Hawks. He played college basketball for the New Mexico Lobos from the year 2010 to 2013. He was drafted with the 20th overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft by the Chicago Bulls. After then. he played for various famous teams such as Chicago Bulls (2013-2016), Milwaukee Bucks (2016-2019), Detroit Pistons (2019-2020), and Atlanta Hawks (2020-Present).
- Being an American professional basketball player.
- Being the player for the Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Where is Tony Snell From?
Tony Snell was born with the real name of Tony Rena Snell Jr. on 10th November 1991. He was born in the low-income Watts neighborhood of Los Angeles, California, the USA. He holds American nationality and his ethnic background is African-American. His race is Black. As of 2020, he celebrated his 29th birthday with his parents. His Zodiac sign is Scorpio and his religion is Christian. About his parents, he has a small family. He was raised by his mother, Sherika Brown. Also, he has a sibling; a little sister, Tonyecia. His mother used to work in places like JCPenney, Walmart, and a security guard to raise her two children. Tony started playing basketball because of his mother since she was also very concerned about his future. Snell’s basketball idol is Jordan. As Tony had dark skin and a headband, just like Jordan, people often called him Baby Jordan.
Everything You Need To Know About Michael Jordan
About his educational qualification, Tony attended Martin Luther King High School in 2008-2009 in Riverside, California. After that, he moved to Westwind Academy in Phoenix, Arizona in 2009 where he averaged 19.5 points, 10 rebounds, 8.8 assists, 2.7 steals, and 1.8 blocks. He played college basketball for the New Mexico Lobos (2010-2013).
How was the Basketball Career of Tony Snell?
- Attending Martin Luther King High School, Snell and teammate Kawhi Leonard led the Wolves to a 30-3 season and a #7 national ranking in the MaxPreps/National Guard computer rankings in the 2008-2009 season.
- He enrolled at Westwind Preparatory Academy in Phoenix in 2009 where he averaged 19.5 points, 10 rebounds, 8.8 assists, 2.7 steals, and 1.8 blocks.
- Later, he was drafted by the Memphis Grizzlies in 2013. Whereas he committed to play for the New Mexico Lobos on 15th September 2009 and signed in November 2009 as a freshman for the Lobo squad.
- Against Wyoming, Snell had a breakout performance with 16 points against then-#9 BYU, hitting four three-pointers, followed two games later by a season-best 19, with five threes.
- In the 2011-2012 season, he averaged 10.5 points, 2.7 rebounds, and 2.3 assists a game whereas the Lobos finished the season 28-7, and Snell was named Honorable Mention All-Mountain West.
- During his junior season in the 2012-2013 season, he led the team in ten games, including five straight during a late stretch when he averaged 19.8 a game and shot 22-39 (.564) from three-point range.
- In the MWC tournament, he averaged 17.7 points a game while shooting 12-20 (.600) from the three-point range. What’s more, he was named tournament MVP and ESPN national player of the week for his performance. Also, he was named Third Team All-MWC.
- After that, he chose to forgo his senior season and declared for the NBA draft.
- He was selected with the 20th overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft by the Chicago Bulls and he signed with the Bulls on 10th July 2013.
- In the 2013 NBA Summer League, he averaged 11.8 points, 6.6 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and 1.2 steals in five games.
- He appeared in 77 games for the Bulls, averaging 4.5 points and 1.6 rebounds per game as a rookie.
- He re-joined the Bulls for the 2014 NBA Summer League in July 2014 averaging 20.0 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 2.8 assists in five games, earning All-NBA Summer League first-team honors.
- Then, he was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks on 17th October 2016 and made his debut for the team in their second game of the season on 29th October 2016 against Brooklyn Nets.
- He made a career-high six three-pointers and set a season-high with 20 points in a 107-102 loss to the Washington Wizards on 26th December 2016.
- He re-signed with the Bucks to a four-year, $44 million contract on 31st July 2017 and reportedly includes a player option after the third year and reachable incentives that would push his total earnings to $46 million.
- Again, he was traded, along with the draft rights to Kevin Porter Jr., to the Detroit Pistons in exchange for Jon Leuer on 20th June 2019.
- On 20th November 2020, he along with Khyri Thomas were traded to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for Dewayne Dedmon.
- On 11th March 2021, he made a game-winning three-pointer at the buzzer to give the Hawks a 121-120 victory over the Toronto Raptors, capping off a 15-point fourth-quarter comeback.
Awards and Achievements
- 50-50-100 Club (2021)
- Third-team All-MWC (2013)
- MWC Tournament MVP (2013)
Who is Tony Snell married to?
As per Tony Snell’s marital status, he is a married man. He tied the knot to his beautiful wife, Ashley Snell who is his longtime girlfriend. The duo is also blessed with a kid. As of today, the couple is enjoying their present life a lot without any disturbances. Their bond is going stronger with the passage of time and they are enjoying their life a lot. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Tony Snell Worth?
Tony Snell is a talented and successful professional basketball player who is currently playing for the team, Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). As of 2021, the net worth of Tony Snell is estimated to have $48 Million. His major source of wealth comes from his basketball career and he is satisfied with his earnings. His previous contract deals, his salary while playing for the Chicago Bulls during 2013-2014 was $1.4 million. His salary was around $1.47 million for the 2014-2015 season and later in the 2015-2016 season, his salary was $1.5 Million. Playing for the Milwaukee Bucks, Snell signed a four-year contract of $44 million, which increased to $46 million later.
How tall is Tony Snell?
Tony Snell is a very handsome man who stands tall at the perfect height of 6 ft 6 in or 1.98 m with a balanced weight of 213 lb or 97 Kg. His body build is athletic. His hair color is black color and he has a pair of dark brown eyes. He maintained his body a lot by doing frequent exercises. Overall, he has got a healthy body.