Troy Merritt is an American professional golfer. Merritt plays on the PGA Tour and the Web.com Tour. He turned professional in 2008 and has won two events on PGA Tour, the Quicken Loans National, and the Barbasol Championship. He also has won one event on Korn Ferry Tour. Merritt achieved career-high ranking of 82 in 2016. As of July 2021, he ranks at no. 86.
He played college golf at Winona State and Boise State.
What is Troy Merritt Famous For?
- American Professional golfer.
Where is Troy Merritt From?
Troy Merritt was born on 25 October 1985. His birth place is in Osage, Iowa in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to his father Mark Merritt and his mother Zoe Merritt. He belongs to white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. His zodiac sign is Scorpio.
The family moved to Minnesota where he played high school golf at Spring Lake Park. After graduating from high school, Merritt attended Winona State University. He continued to play golf there until he transferred to Boise State University after sophomore. He was first-team All-WAC for Boise State. He posted a 62 (-9) in the second round of the District VII Shootout tying the school record for a low round score.
Troy Merritt Professional Career
- Troy Merritt turned professional in 2008.
- His first win on the Nationwide Tour came in September 2009 when he won the Mexico Open defeating Adam Bland with a 20-foot birdie putt on the first hole of a playoff. He bagged $117,000 from his victory.
- He led every round in the PGA Tour Qualifying Tournament in December 2009. He won by one stroke over veteran Jeff Maggert with a score of 22-under-par.
- He finished 125th on the PGA Tour in 2010 and earned the final spot to retain a tour card.
- He finished third at the Heritage on Hilton Head Island in April 2015 bagging $401,200.
- He recorded his first PGA Tour win at the 2015 Quicken Loans National.
- He also set the course record at Robert Trent Jones Golf Club with a 61 in the third round.
- He won his first PGA Tour by three shots at 18-under 266.
- He won his second PGA Tour event at the 2018 Barbasol Championship. He won by one stroke.
- Less than two weeks later he won the 2018 Barbasol Championships, he underwent emergency surgery to remove the blood clot that stretched from his chest into his bicep.
- He tied for second place along with J. Niemann at the 2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic.
Who is Troy Merritt Wife?
Troy Merritt is a married man. The American golfer is married to Courtney Merritt. The couple got married in 2010. The couple shares two children together: Dodge and Scout.
The family lives in Boise, Idaho.
How Tall is Troy Merritt?
Troy Merritt stands at a height of 1.83 m i.e. 6 feet tall. He has a body weight of around 160 lbs i.e. 73 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is light brown and his hair color is black. He keeps his beard long. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Troy Merritt Net Worth?
Troy Merritt earns from his professional career as a golfer. His income comes from prize money, contracts, and endorsements. He earned a little over $1 million in 2020 and has earned nearly $2 million halfway through the 2021 season. Since his debut on PGA Tour, he has made career earnings of $11,097,552. At present his net worth estimated at around $2 million.