Troy Sneed was an American gospel singer who earned a Grammy nomination in 2000 for his work on the Youth For Christ’s 1999 album, Higher. He begins his music career at Florida A&M University where he studied education with a minor in music. Sadly, he passed away in 2020 due to complications of COVID-19. To know more about him, you can read the below article.
What is Troy Sneed famous for?
- An American gospel musician.
When was Troy Sneed born?
Going back to his early life, Troy was born in Perry, Florida to his parents. However, his parents and sibling’s details are still under review. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is Afro-American. Similarly, his birth sign is Aquarius and he is Christianity by religion.
For education, he attended Florida A&M University where he played football for the college. However, he suffered an injury on the field and quit football and join the choir. After graduating, he became a teacher at Jax Beach Elementary School in Jacksonville, Florida.
When did Troy Sneed pursue his music career?
- Talking about his music journey, Troy begin his music career in 1999 through Malaco Record with the release of Call Jesus.
- After that, he released his second album named Bless That Wonderful Name was released by Savoy Records in 2001.
- Then, his third album was released by his record label imprint Emtro Gospel on February 22nd, 2005, A State of Worship and it was his breakthrough release on Billboard magazine Gospel Albums chart at No. 22.
- Likewise, he released his fourth album, In His Presence on October 10th, 2006 by his label which charted at No. 44 on the aforementioned chart.
- His fifth album, In Due Season, was released by his record label on August 25th, 2009. However, it was not successfully charted.
- His sixth album named My Heart Says Yes was released on May 10th, 2011 by Emtro Gospel, and this one would peak at No. 5 on the Gospel Albums chart.
- He released his seventh album on August 7th, 2012, All Is Well and this charted at No. 9 on the aforementioned chart.
Who was Troy Sneed married to?
Troy Sneed was married to Emily Frances Lason on 02nd July 1993. Together, the pair blessed four children named Troy Jr, Evany, Trey Sneed, and Tyler Sneed. The pair resides in Jacksonville, Florida with their children happily until he died. He left his family forever in 2020.
How did Troy Sneed die?
Troy Sneed passed away on April 27th, 2020 at a hospital in Jacksonville, Florida due to complications of COVID-19 at the age of 52. The family has yet to release an official statement, but Ms. Sneed spoke to K.D. from Praise Atlanta.
His friend Bowe confirmed his death through his Instagram post, “I don’t know how to make sense of this. I’m not okay, man. Covid19 sucks. Will you pray for Emily and The kids? Please? RIH, king. Or walk around … all day. #RIPTroySneed.“
How much is Troy Sneed Worth?
Troy Sneed is a Grammy-nominated gospel singer who earns a decent amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the music industry. As per the online sites, his estimated net worth said to $700 Thousand at the time of his death. However, his assets details and earnings were still under view.
How Tall was Troy Sneed?
Troy Sneed has a decent height and weight with dark brown eyes and grey hair color. His other body information is still under review. Whenever we will be updated, we will let you know.