Micheal Ray Stevenson, also known as Tyga is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, actor, and television personality who made his major-label debut with “Careless World: Rise of the Last King” in 2011 which was a major hit. He began his career with his debut mixtape, “Young On Probation” in 2007 after which Tyga signed a recording contract with Young Money Entertainment, Cash Money Records, and Republic Records in 2008.
Tyga gained attention after he confirmed his relationship with reality star Kylie Jenner that sparked controversy for the huge age difference. Besides, he is quite popular in social media sites with over 20.2 million followers on his Instagram: @tyga.
What is Tyga Famous for?
- Famous as an influential rapper known for his album, “Careless World: Rise of the Last King”.
Where was Tyga Born?
Tyga was born on November 19, 1989, in Compton, California, United States. His birth name is Micheal Ray Stevenson. His nationality is American. Stevenson belongs to African-American ethnicity and is of Vietnamese and Jamaican descent while Scorpio is his zodiac sign.
Stevenson was born to Vietnamese and Jamaican parents with whom he lived till the age of 11 before he moved to Gardena, California. He got his nickname, “Tyga” from his mother calling him Tiger Woods which also stands for “Thank You God Always”. He grew up listening to Fabolous, Lil Wayne, Cam’ron, and Eminem, because of which he developed an interest in music and decided to pursue a career in rapping.
Tyga claimed to have been raised in the low socioeconomic area of Compton, but in leaked footage from the unaired television show Bustas, he claimed he grew up in a well-to-do home, where his parents drove a Range Rover. His cousin, Travis McCoy, was a member of Gym Class Heroes who was the one that introduced Tyga to music and rap in particular.
Tyga’s Career Highlights
- Tyga began his professional career releasing his debut mixtape titled “Young On Probation” in 2007. He then signed with G.E.D.(Getting Educated Daily) Inc., he also has a G.E.D. Inc tattoo above his right eyebrow.
- His first independent album, “No Introduction” was released on June 10, 2008, along with single, “Coconut Juice”, “Diamond Life”. With the release of his first studio album, he garnered much attention and established himself as a part of the rapping world.
- Following the success, Tyga signed an additional recording deal with Lil Wayne’s “Young Money Entertainment” in late-2008. After signing, he soon released the mixtape, “Fan of a Fan” with Chris Brown.
- Tyga got his breakthrough with the release of his second album and major label, “Careless World: Rise of the Last King” on February 21, 2012, that was released by Young Money Entertainment, Cash Money Records, and Universal Republic Records. It reached no. 4 on the US Billboard Top 200 that also included hit singles including “far Away”, “Still Got It”, and “Rack City”.
- Tyga’s sixth single, “Do My Dance” was released on October 2, 2012, featuring 2 Chainz that also peaked at #79 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Tyga also produced and co-directed a multi-AVN award-nominated crossover adult film, “Rack City: The XXX Movie” in 2012.
- His third studio album, “Hotel California”, was released on April 9, 2013. It included singles such as “Dope”, “Show You”, “Molly”.
- On August 27, 2013, Tyga released a new single with DJ Mustard, “Throw It Up”. The same year, “Wait for a Minute”, a song collaborated along with Canadian singer, Justin Bieber was released.
- Tyga released a song called “Hookah” which features the rapper Young Thug in 2014.
- In February 2015, Tyga released a collaborative album with Chris Brown, titled “Fan of a Fan: The Album”. The same year, on July 24, 2015, his reality show Kingin’ with Tyga premiered on MTV2.
- On September 7, 2016, Kanye West announced that Tyga was signed to his GOOD Music imprint, under the aegis of Def Jam Recording.
- In 2017, he starred as Jamal Elliot in the third season of the VH1 slasher television series, “Scream” which premiered in 2019.
- On July 21, 2017, Tyga released his fifth studio album, “BitchImTheShit2”.
- On February 16, 2018, Tyga released his sixth studio album, “Kyoto” which included hit single “Taste” that became one of the biggest songs of summer 2018.
- Following, he released gold-certified single, “Swish” and platinum-certified song, “Dip” featuring Nicki Minaj.
- In June 2019, Tyga’s seventh album titled “Legendary” was released. The same year, he released the single “Go Loko”.
Everything To Know About Blac Chyna
Who is Tyga Dating? How Many Girls Did He Date?
Tyga previously was in a relationship with Blac Chyna, an American model, and entrepreneur whom he met on October 5, 2011, at The F.A.M.E Tour After Party with Chris Brown at King of Diamonds in Miami. Blac even became Tyga’s leading lady in his “Rack City” music video.
On November 9, 2011, they became an official couple and even posed for the cover of Urban Ink magazine in March 2012. The couple welcomed their first child named King Cairo Stevenson on October 16, 2012. Both parents sport tattoos of their son’s name.
The couple even got engaged in December 2012 however, they split in 2014 after 3 years of relation. He then was spotted several times with popular media personality and entrepreneur, Kylie Jenner, and after months of speculation, Tyga finally confirmed their relationship however, their relation sparked controversy in the tabloids, because of the age difference.
They began dating in 2014 when Jenner was just 16 and Tyga was 25. Their photo of holding hands in Mexico went viral a few days after her 18th birthday, however, their relation didn’t last and they broke up in April 2017. Tyga was also married to Jordan Craig in 2010, but that relation just split off the same year. In 2019, Tyga was seen with model Ana Beatriz Boaretto in St. Barts during his 30th birthday celebrations, who was widely compared to his ex-girlfriend, Kylie Jenner.
Everything to know about Kylie Jenner
Besides, his nude photo was leaked online in 2015 which was allegedly sent to transgender porn star Mia Isabella. Also, back in 2012, Tyga was sued by two women who appeared in the “Make It Nasty” video for $10 million each claimed that they were assured that their nipple exposed part would be edited but the video was released a fully unedited version.
On September 4, 2013, it was reported Tyga had been sued by Beverly Hills-based jeweler Jason for allegedly not paying for roughly $91,000 worth of jewelry.
What is the Net Worth of Tyga?
Tyga has quite great earnings from his professional career as a rapper. Working in this field for over a decade, Tyga has managed to amass a million worth fortune from his several hit singles and albums. His net worth is estimated to be around $5 million.
How Tall is Tyga?
Tyga is a black handsome man in his 30s. With his body fully painted with tattoos and his raps, he has managed to win several hearts all around the world. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 7inch.(1.70m) while his body weighs around 64kg. He has a dark complexion with black hair and brown eyes.