Victoria Derbyshire is a BAFTA, RTS and Sony award-winning English journalist and broadcaster. Likely, her eponymous current affairs and debate program has been broadcast on BBC Two and the BBC News Channel since 2015. She has presented Newsnight in the past. She formerly presented the morning news/current affairs and interview program on BBC Radio 5 Live between 10 am and 12 noon each weekday and was a 5 Live presenter for 16 years, departing in late 2014. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Victoria Derbyshire famous for?
Victoria is widely recognized as the presenter of the morning news/current affairs and interview program on BBC Radio 5 Live between 10 am and 12 noon each weekday and was a 5 Live presenter for 16 years, departing in late 2014.
Where is Victoria Derbyshire born?
Recalling her early life, Victoria was born in Ramsbottom, Lancashire, England. Her birth name is Victoria Antoinette Derbyshire. Her father’s name is Anthony Derbyshire and her mother’s name is Pauline Derbyshire. She has claimed that her father Anthony physically abused her, her mother and her younger brother and sister.
She has one brother (Nick Derbyshire), but her sister’s name is unknown. Victoria holds English- British citizenship, but her ethnicity is unknown. Her birth sign is Libra.
Where did Victoria Derbyshire go for education?
Concerning her education, Victoria attended Bury Grammar School for Girls, an independent school, before studying English language and literature at the University of Liverpool. She joined a postgraduate diploma course in radio and TV journalism at Preston Polytechnic (now the University of Central Lancashire).
What is Victoria Derbyshire doing now?
- Talking about her profession, Victoria worked as a reporter on local radio, then joined BBC Radio 5 Live in 1998 as a co-presenter of the breakfast show with Julian Worricker.
- In the year 2003 Worricker left the breakfast show, and Derbyshire was partnered by Nicky Campbell. After a spell of maternity leave, she took over the morning news program in August 2004.
- Additionally, She has also worked on several TV news and political programs including presenting Newsnight, appearances on This Week, an interview series, Victoria Derbyshire Interviews.., on the BBC News Channel, and Watchdog. Similarly, she hosted a sports chat show on Channel 4 on Saturday mornings called SportsTalk.
- In the year 2011, She made her debut on Have I Got News for You.
- In autumn 2013, under the new editorship of Ian Katz, Derbyshire began presenting Newsnight while continuing to present her daily 5 Live programs. Her current affairs program began airing on 7th April 2015 on BBC Two and the BBC News Channel.
- On the morning of the Grenfell Tower fire, North Kensington, in June 2017, she interviewed a father of two who escaped the blaze with his family. Eventually, a clip of Victoria hugging him when he broke down as he described the horrors of what he witnessed went viral.
- In the year 2018, She took part in an ITV program, The Real Full Monty in which she and seven other women affected by breast cancer, bared all to encourage women to check their bodies and look for signs of breast cancer.
- During 2019 she took part in an ITV program, All-New Full Monty – Ladies Night.
Is Victoria Derbyshire married?
Reflecting on her personal life, Victoria married her long term partner Mark Sandell in Autumn 2018, following her treatment for breast cancer. They have two children.
It’s reported she had an affair with Sandell at BBC Radio 5 Live while he was married to the fellow presenter, Fi Glover.
How much is Victoria Derbyshire worth?
Being a broadcaster, Victoria earns a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the media industry. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $4 million at present. However, her salary is somewhere around $104 thousand.
How tall is Victoria Derbyshire?
Observing her body physics, Victoria has a decent height and weight with blonde hair and blue eyes. Her other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.