Zac Stacy is a former American football running back who was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the fifth round of the 2013 NFL Draft. Previously, he played college football at Vanderbilt. Moreover, he has played with the team, New York Jets, Saskatchewan Roughriders, and Memphis Express in the past. On 16th February 2017, he announced his retirement from the NFL. The early retirement was due to injuries and also to take care of his brother, who has Down Syndrome. Later, he came out of retirement on 20th May 2018 and signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League. Recently, he came to the headlines as multiple news outlets posted a video that depicts Stacy violently assaulting his ex-partner, Kristin Evans in front of their 5-month-old son.
Zac Stacy was arrested and jailed in Florida
Former NFL player, Zac Stacy was arrested in Florida and is currently in jail after he savagely beat his ex-girlfriend in front of their 5-month-old son. Stacy repeatedly punched Kristin Evans, the mother of his baby boy in the head multiple times before picking her up and throwing her into a television; all while she begged him to stop and the baby cried. The TV then falls on top of the woman as she tries to calm Stacy down but he throws an object at her and storms into a corner. Evans immediately called 911 and cops say they arrived in under 2 minutes, but the running back was long gone. On Thursday, officials announced they were charging Evans with 2 felonies; aggravated assault and criminal mischief. Stacy is currently in Orange County (FL) Jail. Orlando PD is listed as the arresting agency, according to jail records. If convicted, Stacy could face over 15 years in prison.
What is Zac Stacy Famous For?
- Being a former American football running back.
- For earning Vanderbilt’s MVOP award (Most Valuable Offensive Player) and set the single-season record for rushing with 1,193 yards, breaking a mark set by Corey Harris in 1991.
- Being the 4th person all-time for a Vanderbilt player to rush for over 1,000 yards (1072), and first since 1995 (Jermaine Johnson) in the year 2011.
What is Zac Stacy Real Name? Know About his Family, Parents, and Ethnicity
Zac Stacy opened his eyes for the first time on 9th April 1991. His real name is Zackary Latrell Stacy. He is from Centreville, Alabama, the USA. By nationality, he is American and he came from African-American ethnic background. About his parents, he was born to his mother, Barbara Stacy, and his father who is unnoticed and unidentified till now. He was raised by a single mother and his mother was very supportive. He has not stated anything about his parent’s details to the public. He spent his childhood with his sibling; a brother, Justin who has Down syndrome. Aries is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christianity religion. He celebrated his 30th birthday with his parents and dear ones as of 9th April 2021.
About his educational background, Zac attended and graduated from Centreville (AL) Bibb County High School. AT his high school, he was a four-year starter. As a junior, he rushed for 1,668 yards and 26 touchdowns and caught 27 passes for 228 yards while playing quarterback, running back, and wide receiver. Zac received First Team 4A All-State honors, the Division 4A Player of the Year award, and was an Honorable Mention ASWA All-State. As a senior, he rushed for 2,407 yards on 247 carries, good for an average of 9.7 yards per carry. In addition, he scored 36 touchdowns, helping Bibb County to a 10–2 mark and a trip to the second round of the 4A state playoffs. He then scored seven touchdowns against Jemison High School and was a finalist for Alabama’s 4A Mr. Football honor. Moreover, he was named to the ASWA 4A All-State First Team, the Birmingham News All-State Second Team, and The Tuscaloosa News Super 11. Perhaps the biggest honor Stacy received was being named Division 4A Player of the Year. He is also a two-time West Alabama Player of the Year. He ended his prep career with 5,863 rushing yards and 76 total touchdowns. He continued his further study attending Vanderbilt University and graduated in Special Education.
Zac Stacy Career Timeline
- Zac Stacy’s freshman career started playing against Western Carolina. He teamed with Warren Norman, with the pair combining for 240 yards on the ground. It became the first time in school history that two freshmen had rushed for over 100 yards in the same game.
- His total of 135 yards was a school record for a freshman.
- In 2009, he played in 10 of the 12 games starting 4 games.
- He later missed two games against Ole Miss and South Carolina due to his ankle injury.
- His 2009 season ended as the team’s second-leading rusher behind Norman with 478 yards and three touchdowns on 107 carries.
- He earned starts against SEC opponents LSU, Georgia, and Florida as a sophomore.
- He ended his 2010 season as the team’s second-leading rusher (331 yards).
- He then earned Vanderbilt’s MVOP award (Most Valuable Offensive Player) and set the single-season record for rushing with 1,193 yards.
- Stacy ended the 2010 year as the 3rd-leading rusher in the SEC, earning 2nd team All-SEC honors.
- He was the 4th person all-time for a Vanderbilt player to rush for over 1,000 yards (1072), and first since 1995 (Jermaine Johnson) in his 2011 season.
- He completed the first pass of his career, passing to Jordan Matthews for a 43-yard TD pass, and had 198 rushing yards against Army, 128 yards against Arkansas Season-high 28 carries against Kentucky, and again at Wake Forest.
- He then ran for 184 yards at Wake Forest to break the team single-season record and scored in seven of the team’s final eight games.
- He finished his 2012 season with 1,034 rushing yards on 182 attempts; against Presbyterian achieved 8 att for 174 yds, against Auburn 27 att for 169 yds, and against Wake Forest 21 att for 180 yds.
- Stacy became the first Vanderbilt player and the eighth SEC player to rush for 1,000 yards in back-to-back seasons, and the first Commodore to surpass 3,000 yards rushing, as he racked up 3,143 yards on the ground for his career.
- Moreover, he also set the record for the longest rush (90 yards) by a Vanderbilt player.
- Moving towards his professional career, he was drafted in the fifth round with the 160th overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft by St. Louis Rams.
- He made his team debut against the Arizona Cardinals where he had one run for 4 yards and no receiving yards.
- On 6th October 2013, he got his first start against the Jacksonville Jaguars but was forced out of the game in the fourth quarter due to a rib injury.
- He gained 79 rushing yards on 18 carries playing against the Houston Texans in Week 6.
- He had the best game of his rookie season against the Seattle Seahawks, getting a season-high 134 rushing yards on 26 carries on 28th October 2013 on Monday Night Football.
- He then turned in a second 100+ rushing yard game in a 28–21 loss to the Tennessee Titans, with 127 yards on 27 carries and two touchdowns after a week.
- Later, the Rams selected running back Todd Gurley in the 2015 NFL Draft due to which Stacy requested to be traded.
- He was then traded to the New York Jets in exchange for New York’s 2015 seventh round (224th overall) pick on 2nd May 2015.
- He broke his ankle against the Buffalo Bills on 12th November 2015 due to which he was placed on injured reserve the following day.
- On 27th July 2016, he was waived by the Jets after failing his physical test.
- He announced his retirement from the NFL on 16th February 2017 due to his injuries and also he has to take care of his brother, who has Down Syndrome.
- As of sudden, he came out of retirement on 20th May 2018 and signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League.
- Stacy became the team’s leading rusher in both preseason games as he accumulated 51 yards on 11 carries, in addition to catching 3 passes for 39 yards.
- He signed with the Memphis Express of the newly-founded Alliance of American Football for the 2019 season in January 2019.
- He rushed 12 times for 58 yards in the Express’ week one 26-0 loss to the Birmingham Iron.
- He rushed for 101 yards before he was pulled out of the game on 16th February 2019 against the Arizona Hotshots. Thus, he became the league’s first running back to eclipse the century mark.
- On 1st April 2019, he was placed on the injured reserve.
- Later, the AAF announced that it was suspending all football operations.
- Overall, he played 8 games in which he rushed for 317 yards and 3 touchdowns on 100 carries, and caught 18 passes for 138 yards and another touchdown.
Awards and Achievements
- 2012 Second Team All-SEC (AP), Maxwell Award Watch List, Doak Walker Award watch list.
- 2011 Second Team All-SEC (Coaches), Second Team All-SEC (AP) SEC Academic Honor Roll, MVP FAM Music City Bowl
Zac Stacy NFL Stats
- Rushing yards: 1,355
- Rushing average: 3.8
- Rushing touchdowns: 9
- Receptions: 53
- Receiving yards: 358
- Receiving touchdowns: 1
Who is Zac Stacy Girlfriend?
Zac Stacy is an unmarried man who is still to get married. At present, he is assumed to be single. There is no news and rumors about him dating anyone after his separation from Kristin Evans. It seems he is focusing on his career currently. His sexual orientation is straight.
Previously, he was in a relationship with his ex-girlfriend, Kristin Evans. With her, he has a son whose name has not been disclosed yet.
On 18th November 2021, multiple news outlets posted a video that depicts Stacy violently assaulting his partner in front of their 5-month-old son. Ravens defensive lineman Calais Campbell said there was “no excuse” for Stacy’s behavior, while Packers receiver Davante Adams called for Stacy to be “thrown under the jail.” She was begging him to stop but he lifted his ex-girlfriend, Evans, and slammed her on the bouncy seat while their infant son was crying. Stacy left the apartment after telling his son ‘I Love You’. Immediately, she called the police. The attack happened on 13th September 2021 at around 2 PM. The Oakland Police Department issued an arrest warrant for Zac Stacy charging him with aggravated violence and criminal mischief stemming from an alleged violent altercation with his child’s mother.
Zac Stacy Net Worth: How much is his annual salary?
Zac Stacy is a former footballer who has accumulated a net worth of $2 Million as of 2021. He is making an annual salary of $500K at present. Back in 2020, his net worth was $1.8 Million; in 2019, his net worth was $1.5 Million. Thus, his net worth is increasing gradually. He earned $1.7 million over the course of two years with the St. Louis Rams and one year with the New York Jets. His main source of wealth is from football career and he is living a standard lifestyle at present.
Zac Stacy Height and Weight: How tall is he?
Zac Stacy has a perfect height of 5 ft 9 in or 1.75 m matching with his bodyweight of 224 lb or 102 kg. His body type is average. However, he maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercise. His arms size is 0.77 m. His shoe size is 9 US. His hair color and eye color, both is black. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming smile. Whereas his behavior is not good as he beat his ex-girlfriend, Kristin Evans without mercy who is also a mother of their child.