Zachery Ty Bryan is an American actor and film producer who is well-known for his role as Brad Taylor on the American sitcom “Home Improvement”. Bryan also won a Young Artist Awards for Best Performance in a TV drama or Comedy series-Leading Young Actor for his role in Home Improvement. He has also appeared in the action film ” The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift(2006)”. He has also made his guest appearance in the American science fiction drama “Century City”.
He is active in the social media platform with around 35k followers on his Instagram account: @zachery_bryan and has around 10k followers on his Twitter account: @ZTB
Besides on October 17, 2020, Bryan got arrested from his home in Eugene, Oregon for allegedly assaulting his current girlfriend. The Lane County Sherrif’s Office shared that he got charged with three offenses. He also has been charged with fourth-degree assault interfering while making a police report. He is reported to have assaulted his girlfriend, impeded her breathing, and taken the victim’s phone from her when she tried to call 911.
What is Zachery Ty Bryan famous for?
- Famous as an American actor and film producer
- Known for his role as Brad Taylor on the American sitcom “Home Improvement”
Where is Zachery Ty Bryan from?
Zachery Ty Bryan was born on October 9, 1981, in Aurora, Colorado, United States. His birth name is Zachery Ty Bryan. American is his nationality. His ethnicity is White Caucasian. He is of Roman Catholic descent. Libra is his zodiac sign.
Bryan was born to Dwight Bryan(father) and Jenny Bryan(mother). He has a younger sister, Ciri with whom he got raised in Pasadena, California. He did his schooling at a private Catholic preparatory high school, La Salle High School, and got graduated in 2000. He also attended La Cañada High School. Since his childhood, he was interested in doing the acting. So, he took many acting classes and decided to pursue his acting career.
Zachery Ty Bryan Career: Highlights
- Zachery Ty Bryan started his acting career at the age of 9 by appearing as Brad in the 1990 TV series “ABC TGIF”.
- Then, he appeared in the 1990 TV movie “Crash: The Mystery of Flight 1501”.
- He rose into prominence in 1991 after he started portraying the lead role of Taylor’s oldest son, Brad in the American television sitcom “Home Improvement”.
- His role got appreciated a lot and earned him many Young Artist Awards.
- He continued appearing in the sitcom till 1999.
- Bryan also has appeared as Cody in the American independent film “Bigfoot: The Unforgettable Encounter” in 1994.
- He acted as Rob in the 1996 American slapstick comedy film “First Kid”.
- He has made his brief appearances in many other television shows that include “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”, “Veronica Mars”, and “Shark”.
- In the year 2001, he played the role of Keith Gatlin in the film “Rustin” and of Deke in the film “Longshot”.
- He also made a cameo appearance as himself on MTV’s I Bet You Will where he competed with a female convicted felon.
- In 2003, he became the second Home Improvement alum to make a guest appearance on the show “Smallville” after Jonathon Taylor Thomas.
- Then, he portrayed the role of Bryan Nolan in ESPN’s TV movie “Code Breakers” in 2005.
- He played the role of a villain named Clay in the action film “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift” in 2006.
- He has appeared in many TV films such as “Slammed”, “The Game of Their Lives”, “Annapolis”, and “Trunk”.
- Bryan also starred in the 1998 TV movie “The Principal Takes A Holiday”.
- He has made his guest TV appearances in many TV series such as “Century City”, “Cold Case”, “K-Ville”, “Burn Notice”, and “Knight Rider”.
- He also appeared in the role of Deputy Koskey in the 2009 American disaster television miniseries.
- Bryan portrayed the role of Thor in the Syfy channel film “Thor: Hammer of the Gods” in 2009.
- He quit his acting career in 2009 because of his words “He had gotten tired of being in the industry”.
- Since then, he has continued his career as a producer.
- He is one of the investing founders of the production company “Vision Entertainment Group”.
- He has produced the 2010 horror film “Prowl” and the 2012 film “Grief Tourist”.
Zachery Ty Bryan Awards and Nomination
For Home Improvement
- 1994Young Artist Awards for Outstanding Youth Ensemble in a Television Series
- 1999Young Artist Awards for Best Performance in a TV Drama or Comedy Series
- 1999 YoungStar Awards for Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Comedy TV Series
- Nominated for 1993 YoungStar Awards for Best Young Actor Starring in a Television Series
For Principal Takes a Holiday
- Nominated for 1998 YoungStar Awards for Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Miniseries/Made-for-TV Movie
Zachery Ty Bryan Wife
Zachery Ty Bryan is a married and divorced man. Bryan was married to his high school sweetheart, Carly Matros with whom he met while enrolling in La Cañada High School. The couple tied the knot in 2007. The couple became blessed with four children. The couple became the parents of twin girls, Taylor Simone and Gemma Rae Bryan in 2014.
They became blessed with a third daughter, Jordana Nicole Bryan in 2016. Their only son, Pierce Alexander Bryan was born on March 18, 2019. The couple got divorced in October 2020. On October 17, 2020, Bryan got arrested from his home in Eugene, Oregon after his current girlfriend cased a file against him for assaulting her. He was also held on charges of strangulation, a felony and misdemeanor charges of fourth-degree assault.
Zachery Ty Bryan Net Worth
Zachery Ty Bryan has earned a good amount of money from his profession as an actor and producer. Having started his career in 1990, he achieved great success and received good recognition. With all of his earnings, he has an estimated net worth of $8 million as of 2020. He is living a luxurious lifestyle with his earnings.
Zachery Ty Bryan Height
Zachery Ty Bryan is a good looking man in his late 30s. He has an average body build with blonde hair and a pair of blue eyes. He stands tall with a height of 5ft 9 inches and has a bodyweight of around 82kg.