Andrew Morton is a journalist and writer from England. He has published biographies of royal figures such as Diana, Princess of Wales, and celebrity subjects including Tom Cruise, Madonna, Angelina Jolie, and Monica Lewinsky; several of his books have been unauthorized and contain contested assertions. He also published “Meghan: A Hollywood Princess” about Meghan Markle in April 2018, who married Prince Harry a month later in May 2018.
What is Andrew Morton Famous For?
- Andrew Morton is a British journalist and writer.
- He is known for publishing the biographies of high-profile figures – ‘Diana, Princess of Wales’, ‘Tom Cruise’, ‘Angelina Jolie’ and more.
Where was Andrew Morton born and raised?
Andrew Morton was born in the year 1953 which makes him the present age of 69 as of 2022. His full name is Andrew David Morton. He was born and raised in Dewsbury, West Riding of Yorkshire, England. His father ran a picture-framing business. He has not mentioned the names of his father and mother. He holds American nationality and his ethnicity is American-White.
Morton attended Temple Moor Boys’ Grammar School, Leeds, and Sussex University where he studied history. After university, he became a tabloid journalist and worked for three London tabloids, the Daily Star, News of the World, and Daily Mail, until 1987.
Andrew Morton Career Timeline
- Andrew wrote a biography of Diana, Princess of Wales called “Diana: Her True Story.”
- Following Diana’s death in August 1997, he issued an edition entitled “Diana: Her True Story in Her Own Words” in October and acknowledged Diana’s role as the book’s main source of information.
- Following the engagement announcement of Prince William and Catherine Middleton on 16th November 2010, he was commissioned by Michael O’Mara Books to write a book to coincide with the royal wedding on 29 April 2011.
- The book features full-color photos of Prince William and the couple, as well as a detailed section on the wedding itself.
- In April 2018, he published “Meghan: A Hollywood Princess” about Meghan Markle, who married Prince Harry a month later in May 2018.
- Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography is an unauthorized biography of actor Tom Cruise, written by Andrew Morton and was published in January 2008 and was later reprinted in February 2009. The book was not published in the UK, Australia, or New Zealand due to strict libel laws in those countries.
- He rose to fame in the United States after the publication of “Monica’s Story”.
- Next, he investigated a mining disaster, which led to his first non-royal journalistic account, “Nine for Nine: The Pennsylvania Mine Rescue Miracle”.
- Further, he wrote an authorized biography of Kenyan president Daniel Arap Moi.
- He moved on to the “king and queen of pop culture”, as he termed them, David Beckham and his wife Victoria. Posh and Becks became a No. 1 best-seller in the UK
- Next, he wrote another Diana book titled “In Pursuit of Love”, with information that he had left unaddressed, which made The New York Times best-seller list.
- Also, he wrote an unauthorized biography of Angelina Jolie.
- Allen Barra described it as “the worst book in the 21st century so far” in a Salon review which summarized the book as “ill-informed, moralistic and just plain mean”.
- He then published the book “17 Carnations: The Windsors, the Nazis and the Cover-Up” in 2015.
- In 2018, he published his next book “Wallis in Love: The Untold Life of the Duchess of Windsor, the Woman Who Changed the Monarchy” and “Meghan: A Hollywood Princess” in the same year.
- His recent book “Elizabeth & Margaret: The Intimate World of the Windsor Sisters” was released in 2021.
Who is Andrew Morton’s Wife?
Andrew Morton is a married man. He got married to his old college friend-turned-wife, Carolyn. The couple has two children. The family is living a happy life right now. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Andrew Morton’s Net Worth?
Andrew Morton is one of the wealthiest journalists in the UK. As of 2022, his net worth is calculated to have $1.5 million as per sources. He is making his salary in thousands of dollars from his journalism career which is his main source of wealth. He lives a comfortable lifestyle right now.
How tall is Andrew Morton?
At the age of 69, Andrew Mortan still looks handsome with an average body build. He stands at the perfect height of 5 feet 6 inches. His bodyweight consists 65 Kg. His hair color is brown and his eye color is also brown color. He wears a spectacle that suits him well.