Andrew Henry Robertson professionally known as Andrew Robertson is a Scottish professional football player who plays for Premier League club Liverpool and Scotland national team, which he captains as a left-back. He started his football journey from Giffnock Soccer Centre and joined Celtic as a youth. He was released at the U15 level because he was considered to be too small. In 2009, he joined the youth of Queen’s Park. At the beginning of the 2012-13 season, he was called up to the Queen’s Park first team. He made his debut for the club in the Scottish Challenge Cup. On 3 June 2013, he signed for Scottish Premiership side Dundee United. After a year, on 29 July 2014, English Premier Club Hull City signed him on a three-year contract for £2.85 million. On 21 July 2017, Robertson signed a long-term deal with Liverpool for an initial fee of £8 million. On 19 August, he made his debut in a win over Crystal Palace winning the Man of the Match award.
On the international level, in October 2013, he was first selected by the Scotland U21 team and made his debut as a substitute. On 5 March 2014, he made his Scotland national team debut in a friendly match as a substitute in the second half. In September 2018, he was appointed as Scotland captain.
What is Andrew Robertson Famous For?
- Liverpool signed him for a long-term deal with an initial fee of £8 million.
- Won the 2019-20 Premier League with Liverpool.
- Won the 2018-19 UEFA Champions League with Liverpool.
- Won the 2019 UEFA Super Cup with Liverpool.
- Won the 2019 FIFA Club World Cup with Liverpool.
- Won the 2013-14 PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year.
Where is Andrew Robertson From?
Andrew Robertson was born on 11 March 1994. His birth name is Andrew Henry Robertson. His birthplace is Glasgow, Scotland. He grew up with his little brother and parents. He attended St Ninian’s High School in Giffnock, East Renfrewshire. He holds Scottish nationality. He belongs to the white ethnicity. His religion is Christianity. His horoscope is Pisces.
Andrew Robertson Football Career Timeline
- He started his football journey from Giffnock Soccer Centre and joined Celtic as a youth, where later on he was released at U15 level because he was considered to be too small.
- In 2009, he joined the youth of Queen’s Park.
- At the beginning of the 2012-13 season, he was called up to the Queen’s Park first team and made his debut for the club in the Scottish Challenge Cup in a penalty shootout win against Berwick Rangers.
- On 13 November 2012, he scored his first goal for the team against East Stirlingshire.
- He went to make a total of forty appearances during the season and helped the club to secure a third-place finish in the 2012-13 season.
- On 3 June 2013, he signed for Scottish Premiership side Dundee United, along with Queen’s Park teammate Aidan Connolly.
- He made his debut for the club on the opening day of the season in a draw against Partick Thistle.
- On 22 September 2013, he scored his first goal for Dundee United in a draw against Motherwell.
- In April 2014, he won the PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year award and was also named in the PFA Scotland Team of the Year for the 2013-14 Scottish Premiership.
- After a year in Dundee United, on 29 July 2014, English Premier Club Hull City signed him on a three-year contract for £2.85 million.
- He made his competitive debut on the opening day of the season in a victory against Queens Park Rangers.
- On 3 November 2015, he scored his first goal for the club in a win against Brentford and put his team on top of the Championship table on goal difference.
Source: [email protected]
- He started the 2016 Championship play-off Final against Sheffield Wednesday, which his team won by 1-0 and secured the promotion to the Premier League.
- On 21 July 2017, he signed a long-term deal with Liverpool for an initial fee of £8 million.
- On 19 August, he made his debut in a win over Crystal Palace, winning the Man of the Match award.
- He scored his first goal for the club on the final matchday of the 2017–18 season against Brighton & Hove Albion in a 4-0 victory.
- During the 2018-19 season, he continued to play regularly for Liverpool. And in January 2019, he signed a new contract with the club keeping him until 2024.
- On 1 June 2019, Liverpool won the Champions League Final against Tottenham Hotspur and secured their sixth European Cup, where he played the full 90 minutes.
- With Liverpool, he has also won the 2019-20 Premier League, 2019 UEFA Super Cup, and 2019 FIFA Club World Cup. And there are many more to come.
Andrew Robertson International Career
- In October 2013, he was first selected by the Scotland U21 team and made his debut as a substitute in a win against Slovakia.
- On 5 March 2014, he made his Scotland national team debut in a friendly match against Poland as a substitute in the second half.
- On 28 May 2014, he made his first start for the national team in a draw against Nigeria.
- In November 2014, he scored his first international goal in a friendly against England.
- On 3 September 2018, Robertson was appointed as Scotland captain by manager Alex McLeish.
- On 8 June 2019, he scored the opening goal of the game with a long-range strike in a UEFA Euro 2020 qualifier against Cyprus.
- In 2020, he again captain the team and helped Scotland to qualified for a UEFA Euro 2020 in a 5-4 win on penalties against Serbia which is Scotland’s first major tournament appearance since 1998, ending a 22-year streak of not qualifying.
Andrew Robertson Personal Life
Andrew Robertson is engaged to Rachel Roberts, his girlfriend. They have two children together, their son, Rocco was born in August 2017, and their daughter, Aria in January 2019. He is always grateful to his parents who allowed him to have all options to make it in his life as he has done. So, with his first Premier League salary, he bought his family a new house in Glasgow. And they all are living a happy life.
Andrew Robertson Body Measurement
Andrew Robertson stands at a height of 1.78m i.e. 5 feet 10 inches tall. He has an athletic body build. He has a bodyweight of 64kg. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is light brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
Andrew Robertson Salary and Net Worth
Andrew Robertson earns from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. He has several club records. According to many sources, his estimated net worth is $40 million and his annual salary is about $2.6 million. He is living a luxurious life.