Toni Kroos is a German football player who plays for La Liga club Real Madrid and Germany national team as a midfielder. He is widely regarded as one of the best midfielders in the world. He mainly plays as a central midfielder but has also been deployed as a deep-lying playmaker in his career. He first played for local club Greifswalder SC, later transferring to the youth team of Hansa Rostock. In 2006, he moved to Bayern Munich’s youth setup. At the age of 17, he was promoted to Bayern’s senior team for the 2007-08 season. On 26 September 2007, he made his debut for Bayern Munich. On 31 January 2009, he joined Bayer Leverkusen on an 18-month loan to gain first-team experience and made his debut on 28 February as a substitute. In 2010, he returned to Bayern Munich on the expiration of his loan at Bayer Leverkusen. With Bayern, he won three Bundesliga titles, two DFB-Pokal, one DFL Supercup, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, and FIFA Club World Cup. On 17 July 2014, he joined Real Madrid in a transfer worth €25 million. In Real Madrid, he won two La Liga titles, Supercopa de Espana, UEFA Super Cup, three UEFA Champions League, and four FIFA Club World Cup. In 2014, he was voted as IFFHS World’s Best Playmaker.
On the international level, he has represented the German national team on various age levels. He won Golden Player at the 2006 UEFA European U17 Championship. At the 2007 FIFA U17 World Cup, he finished as top goalscorer and won the Golden Ball. At the age of 20, he made his senior debut for Germany in 2010. He helped Germany win the 2014 FIFA World Cup, where he was the top assist provider. He was also included in the 2014 World Cup All-Star Team and Dream Team. At UEFA Euro 2016, he was selected to the Team of the Tournament. In 2018, he was voted as German Footballer of the Year.
What is Toni Kroos Famous For?
- For his vision, passing, creativity, and set-piece ability.
- Considered one of the best midfielders in the world.
- Won 2007-08, 2012-13, 2013-14 Bundesliga with Bayern Munich.
- Won the 2012-13, 2013-14 DFB Pokal with Bayern Munich.
- Won the 2012 DFL Supercup with Bayern Munich.
- Won the 2012-13 UEFA Champions League with Bayern Munich.
- Won the 2013 UEFA Super Cup with Bayern Munich.
- Won the 2013 FIFA Club World Cup with Bayern Munich.
- Won the 2016-17, 2019-20 La Liga with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2017, 2019-20 Supercopa de Espana with Real Madrid.
- Won 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18 UEFA Champions League with Real Madrid.
- Won 2014, 2017 UEFA Super Cup with Real Madrid.
- Won 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 FIFA Club World Cup with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2014 World Cup with Germany.
- Won the 2014 IFFHS World’s Best Playmaker.
- Won the 2018 German Footballer of the Year.
- Won the 2019 GQ German Athlete of the Year.
Where is Toni Kroos From?
Toni Kroos was born on 4 January 1990. His birthplace is Greifswalder, East Germany. He was born to his mother, Birgit Kammer (former German badminton player and current sports biology teacher), and father, Roland Kroos (a former professional wrestler and football coach). He has a younger brother, Felix Kroos, who is also a professional footballer who plays for Eintracht Braunschweig. He holds German nationality. He belongs to German ethnicity. His religion is Christianity. His horoscope sign is Capricorn.
Toni Kroos Football Career Timeline
- He began his career with the youth team of the local club Greifswalder SC.
- Later on, he was transferred to the youth team of Hansa Rostock.
- In 2006, he moved to Bayern Munich’s youth setup.
- At the age of 17, he was promoted to Bayern’s senior team for the 2007-08 season.
- On 26 September 2007, he made his debut for Bayern Munich in a win over Energie Cottbus and twice assisting Miroslav Klose goals within 18 minutes of his appearance as a substitute.
- On 25 October, he made his UEFA Cup debut victory against Red Star Belgrade, coming on as a substitute in the 81st minute and providing an assist for Miroslav Klose and then scoring the winning goal, his first for the club, in stoppage time.
- He made his first start for the club in a 3-1 defeat away at VfB Stuttgart.
- On 31 January 2009, he joined Bayer Leverkusen on an 18-month loan to gain first-team experience and made his debut on 28 February as a substitute against Hannover 96.
- On 12 April, he made his first Bundesliga start for Leverkusen, assisting the team’s goal in a 1-1 draw with Werder Bremen.
- On 18 April 2009, he scored his first Bundesliga goal in a 2-1 loss to VfL Wolfsburg.
- He ended the season with nine goals and 12 assists from 33 matches.
- In 2010, he returned to Bayern Munich on the expiration of his loan at Bayer Leverkusen.
- He played for Bayern Munich from 2007-2014, where he has made 180 appearances, scoring 20 goals with an assist of 35 and won three Bundesliga titles, two DFB-Pokal, one DFL Supercup, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, and FIFA Club World Cup for the team.
- On 17 July 2014, Real Madrid signed him for a six-year deal for a fee between €24 million-€30 million.
- He became the ninth German player, after Gunter Netzer, Paul Breitner, Uli Stielike, Bernd Schuster, Bodo Illgner, Christoph Metzelder, Mesut Ozil and Sami Khedira, to join Real Madrid.
- On 12 August 2014, he made his debut match against Sevilla in the 2014 UEFA Super Cup, winning his first trophy at Real Madrid.
- On 8 November, he scored his first goal for Real Madrid in a win over Rayo Vallecano, at home.
- In December, he helped the team win the 2014 FIFA Club World, leading the tournament in assists and was named to the FIFA World XI and UEFA Team of the Year.
- On 12 October 2016, he signed a new contract until 2022 by the end of the year he was once again nominated to the FIFA World XI and UEFA Team of the Year.
- He was a regular starter when the team won the 2015-16 Champions League, where he became the first-ever German to lift the Champions League trophy with two clubs.
- He was also a regular starter when Madrid won the 2016-17 La Liga and later defended their title in the 2016-17 Champions League.
- During the 2017-18 champions League, when Madrid won their third consecutive and 13th overall Champions League title, he became the first German player to win the trophy three times.
- On 22 December 2018, he won his record fifth FIFA Club World Cup in a victory over Al Ain FC in the final.
- On 20 May 2019, he extended his contract with the club until 2023.
- On 12 January 2020, he won the 2019-20 Supercopa de Espana with Real Madrid beating the local rivals Atletico Madrid on penalties.
- Real Madrid won the 2019-20 La Liga, where he was a regular starter during the league season, scoring four goals.
Toni Kroos International Career
- He has represented the German national team on various age levels.
- He won Golden Player at the 2006 UEFA European U17 Championship.
- At the 2007 FIFA U17 World Cup, he finished as top goalscorer and won the Golden Ball.
- On 5 September 2008, he made his debut for the German U21 national team in a 2009 Euro U21 Championship qualifier against Northern Ireland and scored in the 11th minute.
- In January 2010, he was called up to the German senior team for the first time, for a training session in Sindelfingen.
- On 3 March 2010, he made his national team debut in a friendly against Argentina.
- He was also selected in the 23-man squad for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa and made his FIFA World Cup debut in Germany’s final group-stage match versus Ghana, coming on in the 80th minute for Bastian Schweinsteiger. He made further appearances as a substitute in the quarter-finals against Argentina, in the semi-finals against Spain, and in the third-place play-off against Uruguay.
- He established himself as a regular starter in Germany’s qualification campaign for UEFA Euro 2012, playing in eight out of a possible ten games.
- He was named in Germany’s squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He helped Germany to win the 2014 FIFA World Cup and was named on the ten-man shortlist for FIFA’s Golden Ball award for the tournament’s best player.
- On 4 June 2018, he was included in Germany’s final 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- On 23 June, he scored a goal from a free-kick in stoppage time against Sweden to resurrect Germany’s World Cup hopes with a victory but in their next and last group stage match, his team was knocked out by South Korea.
- On 13 October 2020, he played his 100th match for Germany in a draw against Switzerland in the 2020-21 UEFA Nations League A.
Toni Kroos wife and children
Talking about his personal life, Toni Kroos is a married man. He married his long-term beautiful girlfriend Jessica Farber on 13 June 2015. The couple has two children. The first baby son named Leon who was born on 14 August 2013 and the second daughter named Amelie who was born on 20 July 2016. They are living a happy life together.
Toni Kroos height
Toni Kroos stands at a height of 1.83m i.e. 6 feet and 0 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 78 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is blue and his hair color is blonde. His sexual orientation is straight.
Toni Kroos Salary and Net Worth
Toni Kroos earns from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. He has several club records. According to many sources, he has a net worth of $25 million and his annual salary of $10.4 million. He also adds a good amount to his net worth through his endorsement deals with several brands including Adidas, Hugo Boss, and Nivia.