An American journalist, as well as a famous photojournalist, is named for Ann Curry. She has been a reporter for more than 30 years. She mainly focused on human suffering in war zones and natural disasters. She has reported from the wars in Syria, Darfur, Congo, the Central African Republic, Kosovo, Lebanon, Israel, Afghanistan and Iraq and also she has covered numerous disasters, including the tsunamis in Southeast Asia and the 2010 earthquake in Haiti. She now hosts TNT/TBS’s “Chasing the Cure”.
Early Life of Ann
Ann Curry was born on 19th November 1956 in Agana, Guam, the USA. As of 2018, she celebrated her 62nd birthday with her friends and families. She was born to her parents Hiroe Nagase, her mother, and Robert Paul “Bob” Curry, her father. Her parents met when her father worked as a streetcar conductor. She is the eldest of five children. Throughout her childhood years, she lived in Japan. She is of American nationality and she belongs to a mixed ethnic background of English, Irish, Scottish, German, and Japanese. She attended the Ernest J. King School and she is graduated from Ashland High School. She also received a B.A. in journalism from the University of Oregon in the year 1978. She was raised Catholic by her mother.
Body Measurements of Ann
Ann is a very beautiful woman with a charming smile on her lips attracting a lot of people towards her. She has an average height of 5 feet 6 inches or 1.68 m. She has a balanced weight of around 55 kg. She has a body measurement of 35-24-35 inches. Her hair color is black and her eye color is dark brown. Her other body measurements will be added soon. Overall, she has got a healthy body with an attractive personality as well.
Career of Ann
- Ann started her broadcasting career as an intern in the year 1978 at NBC-affiliate (now CBS-affiliate) KTVL in Medford, Oregon.
- From there, she rose to fame and she became the station’s first female news reporter.
- She then moved to NBC-affiliate KGW in Portland in the year 1980.
- After that, she moved to Los Angeles as a reporter for KCBS-TV in 1984.
- She received two Emmy Awards working there.
- Later, she joined NBC News, first as the NBC News Chicago correspondent then as the anchor of NBC News at Sunrise from 1991 to 1996.
- She also served as a substitute news anchor for Matt Lauer from 1994 to 1997 at Today.
- She became the show’s second-longest serving news anchor, behind Frank Blair.
- She was named co-anchor of Dateline NBC with Stone Phillips in May 2005.
- She was also the primary substitute on NBC Nightly News from 2005 to 2011.
- She has reported on major international stories, filing stories from places such as Baghdad, Sri Lanka, Congo, Rwanda, Albania, and Darfur.
- She has hosted NBC’s primetime coverage and highlights of the Live Earth concerts on 7th July 2007.
- She reported from the USS Theodore Roosevelt during the invasion of Afghanistan in November 2001.
- She reported from Baghdad in early 2003, and then from the USS Constellation as the war in Iraq began.
- She bungee-jumped off the Transporter Bridge in Middlesbrough, England, to raise money for charity on 17th December 2007.
- She traveled to Iran where she interviewed the then-President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in the year 2009.
- She appeared in the first PBS Kids Sprout “Kindness Counts” PSA in the year 2011.
- In June 2012, it was reported that she would be replaced as co-host of Today.
- She announced in an emotional broadcast on the show that she was leaving Today on 28th June 2012 and later she signed a new multi-year contract with the network as NBC News National and International Correspondent/Anchor and Today Anchor at Large.
- She also anchored multiple NBC News primetime specials.
- She made her first post-departure appearance on Today on 9th August 2012.
- It was announced on January 2015 that she was officially leaving NBC News.
- She then returned to television with her six-part PBS series, We’ll Meet Again in January 2018.
- She then appeared on The View as a guest co-host on 23rd January 2018.
- Currently, she hosts TNT/TBS’s “Chasing the Cure”.
- Ann Curry says “I believe” Matt Lauer’s rape accuser as NBC shoots down suggestions of a “cover up”.
- NBC News chairman Lack described Brooke Nevils’ allegation that Lauer forced her to have anal sex with him as “appalling and reprehensible” in a Wednesday note to staff but insisted that network executives were not aware of his conduct prior to her decision to formally come forward.
Marital Status, Husband, Dating, Boyfriend, Children
Ann Curry is a married woman and she was married to Brian Ross who is a software executive. The couple started dating since college time. At present, the couple is blessed with a daughter named McKenzie and a son named William Walker Curry Ross. The couple is living a happy life in New Cannan, Connecticut with their children. They are enjoying their life a lot and they are spending a happy moment.
Net Worth of Ann
The net worth of Ann Curry is estimated to have $10 Million as of 2019. Her net worth is increasing day by day. But her exact salary has not been revealed by any sources at present. There is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is earning a considerable amount of salary from her present work. Her major source of earning is from her hosting career and she is satisfied with her earnings. She is living a luxurious lifestyle.