Anne Dorval is a French-Canadian television, stage, and film actress who is famous for her work with Xavier Dolan in “I Killed My Mother” (2009), “Heartbeats” (2010), “Laurence Anyways” (2012), “Mommy” (2014) and “Matthias & Maxime” (2019). She has won two Gémeaux Awards for her work on television. She appeared as Lola in the 1989 television series “Chambres en ville” for 172 episodes during her early career.
What is Anne Dorval Known For?
- Anne Dorval is a Quebecois screen actress.
- She is known as a premiere French Canadian voice actress for English films.
- She is best known for her roles in such Canadian television series as Les Parent and Le Coeur a ses raisons.
What is Anne Dorval’s Nationality?
Anne Dorval took birth on November 8, 1960, in Noranda, Quebec, Canada. She holds Canadian nationality and she belongs to a Mixed ethnicity. She celebrated her 62nd birthday in 2022. She is the daughter of Madeleine (Larouche) (mother) and Gaetan Dorval (father). Her zodiac sign is Scorpio and she follows the Christianity religion. Regarding her education, she attended Cégep de Trois-Rivières and the Drama Conservatory of Montreal, She then started her career on the stage in 1984.
How was the career of Anne Dorval?
- Anne Dorval rose to fame with her appearance in the Quebec TV series “Le Coeur a ses raisons” and “Les Parent”.
- After that, she appeared as Lola Corbeil in the series “Chambres en ville”. For 172 episodes, she appeared in the show.
- Likewise, she can be seen in other Quebec series, such as “Virginie”, “Paparazzi” and “Rumeurs”, and in the films “Montréal vu par…” and “I Killed My Mother (J’ai tué ma mère)”.d
- At the Palm Springs International Film Festival, she won the FIPRESCI Award for Best Actress for her performance in “I Killed My Mother (J’ai tué ma mère)” directed by Xavier Dolan in 2010.
- Dorval, in 2011, appeared as Stéphanie in the film “A Sense of Humour (Le sens de l’humour)”. She then was cast as Marthe Delteuil in the 2012 film “Laurence Anyways”. She can be seen as Sandrine Maxou in the TV series “Les Bobos” (2012-2013) for 36 episodes.
- She appared in the short film “An Extraordinary Person (Quelqu’un d’extraordinaire)” as Guylaine.
- She came to huge fame with her appearance in the 2014 film “Mommy” as Diane ‘Die’ Després. In the same year, she appeared in “Miraculum”, and “Le Coq de St-Victor”.
- She can be seen as Claire Méjean in “Heal the Living” in 2016. In 2017, she appeared in the film “Jalouse” as Sophie.
- Anne appeared as Isabelle Brodeur in the 2018 film “14 Days, 12 Nights (14 jours 12 nuits)”. After a year, she was cast as Manon in the film “Matthias & Maxime”. She next appeared in the 2022 TV series “The Night Logan Woke Up (La nuit où Laurier Gaudreault s’est réveillé)” as Madeleine Larouche.
Who is Anne Dorval married to?
Anne Dorval is a married and divorced woman. Previously, she was married to her husband, Marc-André Coallier in 1992. Marc-André Coallier is an actor by profssion. The duo is blessed with two children namely Louis Coallier and Alice Coallier. Sadly, the happily married couple divorce in 2005 due to some reason. Today, the actress is living a single life happily without any disturbances. She is focused on her career, Her sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Anne Dorval’s Net Worth?
Anne Dorval is a successful actress who has appeared in several movies and TV series. As of January 2023, the net worth of Anne is estimated to have $500 thousand dollars. Her annual salary is thousands of dollars which are still to get disclosed yet. Her main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry and she is living a modest lifestyle right now.
How tall is Anne Dorval?
The beautiful actress, Anne Dorval, stands tall at a height of 1.63 m. Her exact body weight and other measurements are still to get unfolded yet. She has a pair of vibrant hazel-brown eyes and her hair color is black. She has got a healthy body with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards her.
Leave a Reply