Annie Jones is an Australian actress, and model who is best known for her roles in soap operas and serials, most especially “Sons and Daughters” as Jess Campbell, in “Neighbours” as Jane Harris, and in Newlyweds as Allie Carter. She received the Logie Award for Most Popular Actress in 1989 for her role in “Neighbours”. For her title role in the drama miniseries “Jackaroo”, she won her second Logie Award for Most Popular Actress in a Telemovie or Mini-series in 1991.
What is Annie Jones Famous For?
- Being an Australian actress, model, and producer.
- For her role in “Sons and Daughters” as Jess Campbell, in “Neighbours” as Jane Harris, and “Newlyweds” as Allie Carter.
Where is Annie Jones From?
Annie Jones was born with the birth name of Annika Jancso on 13th January 1967 in Adelaide, South Australia, Australia. She holds Australian nationality and her ethnicity is Mixed. Her parents were Hungarian immigrants who met when in Adelaide and married after her father found employment as an opal miner. She has three older sisters. The family spent many years in Coober Pedy. Her present age is 55 as of 2022.
Annie Jones Career Timeline
- Taking the stage name Annie Jones, she started her modeling career.
- At the age of 17, she entered the acting industry appearing in the title role in the film drama “Run Chrissie Run!”.
- She then appeared in television roles on “The Henderson Kids” (1985), and “Sons and Daughters” (1986) as Jesse Campbell.
- She next auditioned for the TV series “Neighbours” for the role of Charlene Mitchell (which she lost to Kylie Minogue), at age 19.
- She eventually landed the role of Jane Harris in 1986 and would continue in that role until 1989.
- She also played an opal miner’s daughter in an episode of the TV series “The Flying Doctors” and played the title role in the drama miniseries “Jackaroo.”
- She also starred as Eva Kovac in the historical mini-series “Snowy” (1993).
- In comedy, she co-starred in the Australian sitcom “Newlyweds” between 1993 and 1994 and guest starred in “The Adventures of Lano & Woodley” in 1997.
- She also featured in children’s TV, and played the mother in “Pig’s Breakfast” (1999) as well as appeared in the Mortified episode “Mother in the Nude” (2006).
- Likewise, she guest starred in many Australian series including Wentworth (2013), City Homicide (2007), Stingers (2003), Blue Heelers (1994, 2002), Marshall Law (2002), Good Guys, Bad Guys (1997), and Halifax f.p. (1996).
- In 2010, she was cast in the television movie “Tell Them Lucifer Was Here”, which tells of the biggest criminal investigation in the history of the state of Victoria.
- She also appeared in the 2014 Australian show “Worst Year of My Life Again”.
- In March 2015, she took part in a documentary special, “Neighbours 30th: The Stars Reunite”, celebrating the show’s 30th anniversary.
- In April 2018, she reprised the role of Jane Harris in “Neighbours”.
- In 2019, she starred as Colleen Cotterill in “Secret Bridemaids’ Business”.
- On 27th June 2020, it was announced that she had reprised the “Neighbours” role as a permanent cast member and she remained in the role until the show’s final episode on 28 July 2022.
Who is Annie Jones’s Husband?
Annie Jones is a married woman. She tied a knot with her handsome husband, Paul Moloney. The couple is living a happy life at present. There is no details about their children. She maintains the secrecy of her private affairs. Her sexual orientaiton is straight.
How much is Annie Jones’s Net Worth?
Annie Jones is a successful actress. As of 2022, the net worth of Annie Jones is estimated to have $5 Million. She is making an annual salary of $1 Million at present. Her main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry and she is satisfied with her earnings. Her secondary source of wealth comes from her modeling and film-producing career. She is living a cool lifestyle at present.
How tall is Annie Jones?
Annie Jones is a beautiful actress who stands at the perfect height of 5 feet 5 inches or 166 cm. She has a slim body type. She has got a healthy body at present. Her other body size including her weight is missing at a moment. She maintains her body a lot.