Antony Blinken is an American government official who is best known for serving as the 18th US Deputy Secretary of State from January 9, 2015, to January 20, 2017. Blinken is currently a global affairs analyst for CNN. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He also served as the Deputy National Security Advisor under the former and the 44th US president, Barack Obama. He is the co-founder of his consulting firm “WestExec Advisors” and a partner in a private equity firm. He also worked in the State Department and senior positions on the National Security Council staff during the Clinton administration.
Besides on November 22, 2020, he got nominated for the post of Secretary of State by the president-elect- Joe Biden who will be inaugurated as the 46th US president on January 20, 2021.
Previously, Blinken had worked as a foreign policy advisor for Biden’s 2020 presidential campaign. Also on November 24, 2020, he stated that “we can’t solve all the world’s problems alone” and “we need to be working with other countries”. He is active in the social media platform with around 195k followers on his Twitter account: @ABlinken
What is Antony Blinken famous for?
- Famous as an American government official
- Known for being the former and 18th US Deputy Secretary of State
Where is Antony Blinken from?
Antony Blinken was born on April 16, 1962, in New York City, New York, United States. His birth name is Antony John Blinken. He holds an American nationality. His ethnicity is Jewish while Aries is his zodiac sign. He is of Jewish-Hungarian descent.
Blinken was born to Judith Blinken(mother) and Donald M. Blinken(father). His mother is the president of Arts France-USA while his father is a leader in the fields of investment banking, education, and arts patronage who also founded an investment bank, E.M Warburg Pincus & Company. His parents got divorced and his mother married attorney Samuel Pisar. Pisar had survived both the Auschwitz and Dachau camps in the Holocaust.
He was raised in his hometown, New York till the age of 11. He did his schooling at Dalton School in New york. Then, he moved to Paris, France along with his mother and step-father. There, he joined École Jeannine Manuel.
After a few years, he returned to the United States and attended Harvard University. While enrolling at the university, he worked on the University’s newspaper “The Harvard Crimson” and also was the co-editor of the weekly art magazine.
He got graduated from Harvard with a Bachelor’s degree. Then, he received a J.D. degree from Columbia Law School. He also assisted his father, Donald in fundraisers for Michael Dukakis during the 1998 presidential campaign. After getting graduated, he began working as a reporter for The New Public and also practices law in New York City.
Antony Blinken Career: Highlights
- Antony Blinken started his professional political career by serving on the US National Security Council Staff at the White House under the Bill Clinton Administration from 1994 to 2001.
- He then served as the Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Strategic Planning and NSC Senior Director for Speechwriting from 1994 to 1998.
- From 1999 to 2001, he served as a Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for European and Canadian Affairs.
- He worked as a staff director for the US Senate Foreign Relations Committee from 2002 to 2008 under the Bush administration.
- Then, he served as a senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
- He also was a member of the Obama-Biden presidential transition team.
- Blinken served as National Security Advisor to the vice president, Joe Biden from January 20, 2009, to January 20, 2013. At the same time, he served then president, Barack Obama as Deputy Assistant.
- He supported Israel’s right to defend itself during the Israel-Gaza conflict in 2014.
- He also got elected as Deputy Secretary of State in December 2014 by The US senate.
- In the year 2017, he co-founded a political-strategic advisor firm, WestExec Advisors along with Michele Flournoy, Sergio Aguirre, and Nitin Chadda.
- He is also a partner of a private equity firm, Pine Island Capital Partners.
- Blinken is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- He served as a foreign policy advisor for Biden’s 2020 presidential campaign.
- Recently on November 22, 2020, he got nominated for the post of Secretary of State by President-elect Joe Biden in his cabinet.
Antony Blinken Wife
Antony Blinken is a married man. He is currently married to his only wife, Evan Ryan. Ryan is an American public servant who worked as Assistant Secretary of state for Educational and Cultural Affairs(ECA) from 2013-2017. The couple tied the knot in a bi-denominational ceremony which was officiated by a rabbi and priest at Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Washington, D.C. At present, the couple is living a happy life in their house in Washington D.C. He is fluent in French and plays guitar. He also has two songs available on Spotify.
Antony Blinken Net Worth
Antony Blinken is a government official and politician who has quite healthy earnings from his stable and successful career. Having his professional political career started in 1994 that lasted for over 26 years and still ongoing, Blinken has managed to amass a wealthy fortune estimated to be around $45 million as of 2020. He is a partner at Pine Island Capital Partners and co-owns a firm “WestExec Advisors”. He is living a lavish and luxurious lifestyle with his earnings.
Antony Blinken Height
Antony Blinken is a good looking man in his late 50s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 10inches.(1.78m) while his body weighs around 71kg(156lbs). He has a fair complexion with brown hair and brown eyes. He wears a shoe of size 7(US).