Bethanie Mattek-Sands is an American professional tennis player who mainly plays doubles on the WTA tour. She started playing tennis at the age of 5. She turned pro in 1999 and plays right-handed (two-handed backhand). She is an Olympic Gold medalist and has won five Grand Slam titles in women’s doubles and three in mixed doubles. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Bethanie Mattek-Sands famous for?
- An American professional tennis player.
Where is Bethanie Mattek-Sands born?
Recalling her early life, Bethanie was born in Rochester, Minnesota, the United States in the year 1985. She is American by nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. Information about her parents, siblings and her academic qualifications is yet to be disclosed.
When did Bethanie Mattek-Sands begin her tennis career?
- Moving towards her career, Bethanie began her tennis career from an early age. She regularly plays tennis and turned pro in 1999.
- Then in 2000, She received a wildcard into qualifying at the Lipton International Players Championships in Key Biscayne, Florida but lost in the first round to Anca Barna.
- In 2008, She reached a then career-high singles ranking of No. 38 on November 3rd, 2008, and a then career-high ranking of No. 24 in doubles.
- In 2009, she had to pull out of the Australian Open in January with a hip injury. She later made her season debut at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells and reached the second round before losing to Gisela Dulko.
- In January 2011, She got the biggest win of her career by defeating world No. 7, Francesca Schiavone. She later teamed with John Isner for the USA and reached the Hopman Cup final, defeating the Belgian team of Justine Henin and Ruben Bemelmans.
- She started her year representing the U.S. in the 2012 Hopman Cup with Mardy Fish. She came up short in her singles matches against Wimbledon champion, Petra Kvitová of the Czech Republic and Denmark’s world No. 1, Caroline Wozniacki but beat Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova in the third tie.
- In 2015, She won the Australian Open and French Open women’s doubles alongside Lucie Šafářová. She also won the 2015 French Open mixed doubles title with partner Mike Bryan.
- At the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, She became an Olympic gold medalist when she won the mixed-doubles title with Jack Sock against Venus Williams and Rajeev Ram in an all-American match-up.
- In September 2018, She returned to compete in the US Open mixed doubles and won the title, partnering Scotsman Jamie Murray in their first entry as a pair; it was her eighth Grand Slam doubles title overall and Murray’s sixth. The pair successfully defended their title at the 2019 US Open and were runners-up at the 2020 Australian Open.
Is Bethanie Mattek-Sands married or not?
Reflecting on her personal life, Bethanie was a married woman. She was married to the insurance executive Justin Sands on November 29th, 2008. Their wedding ceremony took place in Naples, Florida. Since then she has used the name Mattek-Sands professionally within tennis as well. Currently, She lives in Phoenix, Arizona.
How much is Bethanie Mattek-Sands’s worth?
Being a professional tennis player, Bethanie earns an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the sports industry. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $7 million and her annual salary is somewhere around $1 million at present.
How tall is Bethanie Mattek-Sands?
Observing her body physics, Bethanie stands a height of 5 feet 6 inches and weighs around 66 Kg. Similarly, She has a pair of dark brown eyes and blonde hair color. Her other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.