Yolanda Adams is an American gospel singer, record producer, actress, and radio host of her own nationally syndicated morning gospel show. She has sold nearly 10 million albums worldwide according to SoundScan. She is known as the “Queen of Contemporary Gospel Music” and the “First Lady of Modern Gospel”. Variety dubbed her as the “Reigning Queen of Urban Gospel”. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Yolanda Adams famous for?
- An American actress, record producer, and gospel singer.
- Her appearance in The Gospel, Ride Along 2, Sunday Best, and so others.
Where is Yolanda Adams born?
Recalling her early life, Yolanda was born as Yolanda Yvette Adams in Houston, Texas, the United States in the year 1961. Her mother’s name is Carolyn Jean Adams and father’s name is Major Adams. There is no information on her siblings. Also, there are no other relevant records and information currently available regarding her childhood and family background.
Where is Yolanda Adams go for education?
Concerning her education, Yolanda attended Sterling High School located in Houston and graduated from there in 1979. After graduation, she joined Texas Southern University for higher education.
When did Yolanda Adams land the entertainment industry?
- Moving towards his career, Yolanda initiated her career as a part-time model and school teacher in Houston after being graduated from Texas Southern University. She then left teaching and worked full-time as a lead singer.
- She was able to get the attention of Thomas Whitfield and Sound of Gospel Records as a lead singer with Houston’s Southeast Inspirational Choir.
- In 1982, the choir released the single For My Liberty with her as the featured vocalist. She got appeared in a music video Give Us Peace in 1986.
- Later on, she contracted with Sound of Gospel that helps her releasing her first album Just As I Am in 1987. Ben Tankard had discovered her and contracted with her for his independent label Tribute Records in 1990. She got released Through The Storm song.
- She has appeared in several music videos like The Battle Is The Lord’s, More Than a Melody, Gotta Have Love, Songs From The Heart and so others.
- She got a Christmas album released in 2000 and a live album (The Experience) in 2001. She has also provided her voice in the 2003 film Honey entitled I Believe.
- She also had become a judge to support independent artists’ careers for the 2nd annual Independent Music Awards. Moreover, she got her first book Points of Power published in 2010. She also hosts her show The Yolanda Adams Morning Show.
Is Yolanda Adams married or not?
Reflecting on her personal life, Yolanda was married to Troy Mason since 1987. But their marriage relationship could not last long and got broken down in the 1990 cause of spousal abuse.
Then she tied the knot with former NFL player Tim Crawford in 1997. The couple got divorced in August 2004 after seven years of their relationship. The couple had been blessed with one daughter namely Taylor Adams Crawford born in 2001. Currently, She is living a single life and has no any rumors of having an affair.
How much is Yolanda Adams’s worth?
Being a gospel singer, actress, radio host and record producer, Yolanda earns a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $6 million at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Yolanda Adams?
Observing her body physics, Yolanda stands a height of 6 feet 1 inch and weighs around 63 Kg. Similarly, She has a pair of black eyes and highlighted blonde color hair. Her shoe size is 10 (US) and she used 40B bra size. Further, her body measures 35-24-34 inches.