Robert Pickering Burnham famed as Bo Burnham is a famous American comedian, musician, actor, film director, screenwriter, as well as a poet. His music and performances tackle such subjects as race, gender, human sexuality, sex, and religion. On 10th March 2009, he released a self-titled “Bo Burnham” comedy album with Comedy Central Records. In the year 2009, he made his theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama film “Funny People” as Yo Teach Cast Member. In 2008, he made his first TV show appearance on the comedy musical talk show “Last Call” with Carson Daly. In 2016, he debuted as a voice actor by providing a voice for the character Andy Bangs / Additional Voices on the animated adventure comedy film “We Bare Bears”. Bo Burnham started his performance career as a YouTuber in March 2006, and his videos have been viewed over 300 million times as of March 2021. His first feature film as writer and director, “Eighth Grade”, was released in July 2018 to widespread critical acclaim and received numerous accolades, including the Writers Guild of America Award for Best Original Screenplay and the Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directing – First-Time Feature Film.
Bo Burnham Will Release New Musical Comedy Special on Netflix During Pandemic
Bo Burnham has announced that he has a new musical comedy special, titled “Inside”, coming to Netflix. “hi. i made a new special,” he tweeted Wednesday. “it was filmed by me, alone, without a crew or an audience, over the course of the past year. it is almost finished. i hope you like it.” “Inside” does not yet have a release date, but the video says it’s coming soon to Netflix. It follows up his 2016 comedy special “Make Happy” and his 2013 special “what,” which both released on Netflix and featured his signature blend of sharp comedy and catchy music.
- Being an American comedian, musician, actor, film director, screenwriter, and poet.
- For his comedic performances and videos on his YouTube channel which has garnered more than 300 million views since the upload of the first video in March 2006.
- For his live comedic shows at selected venues and stand-up comedy special performances on Comedy Central and Netflix.
What is the Nationality of Bo Burnham?
Born with the real name of Robert Pickering Burnham, his date of birth is 21st August 1990 and his place of birth is Hamilton, Massachusetts, U.S. Burnham cut his 30th birthday cake as of 2020 with his family. He was born as the youngest of three children of Scott Burnham (father), a construction company owner, and Patricia (mother), a hospice nurse whose work was shadowed in a 2014 episode of This American Life. His siblings are Samm Burnham (Older Sister), and Pete Burnham (Older Brother). He came from American-White ethnic background belonging to American nationality. Being born on 21st August, his sun sign is Leo. He is religious and he is Atheist by religion.
Regarding his education details, Bo Burnham went to St. John’s Preparatory School in Danvers, Massachusetts from where he graduated. Then, he was admitted to New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts to study experimental theatre, and later, he began focusing his career in comedy.
How was the Career of Bo Burnham?
- Initially, Bo began posting the videos on YouTube performing and singing two songs which became popular not only on YouTube but also on other sites. Then, he resumed releasing self-described “pubescent musical comedy” songs and videos online.
- Later on, he recorded performance in London for Comedy Central’s “The World Stands Up” in January 2008 and signed a four-record deal with Comedy Central Records which then released his first EP, the six-song “Bo fo Sho”, as an online release-only album on 17th June 2008.
- On 10th March 2009, he released his first full album, the self-titled “Bo Burnham”. Whereas his first experience with controversy regarding his music came on 3rd March 2009, when fifteen Westminster College students (members of the campus’ Gay-Straight Alliance, Black Students Association, International Club, and Cultural Diversity Organization) protested his concert there that evening, due to his use of homophobic and racist terms in performances.
- After his controversy, he taped his first one-hour stand-up special, entitled “Words Words Words” on 21st March 2010.
- His second special, titled “what.”, was released on both Netflix and YouTube on 17th December 2013. Similarly, his latest special, “Make Happy”, was produced by Netflix and released on 3rd June 2016.
- As of May 2009, viral marketing began appearing for Funny People, in which Burnham stars in an NBC sitcom called “Yo Teach!”.
- Then, he wrote and directed his first feature film, “Eighth Grade”. Also, he directed two comedy specials, “Jerrod Carmichael: 8” (2017) for HBO and “Chris Rock: Tamborine” (2018) for Netflix.
- As of 2020, he appeared alongside Carey Mulligan in Emerald Fennell’s black comedy revenge thriller “Promising Young Woman”. In an interview, Burnham stated, “This is a story I could never tell. This is a perspective I don’t have. After doing my own things, it’s like I really like the idea of, I just want to serve someone else’s vision.”
- As of March 2021, it was announced that Bo has been slated to play Boston Celtics legend Larry Bird in Adam McKay’s HBO drama series based on Jeff Pearlman’s Book, “Showtime: Magic, Kareem, Riley, and the Los Angeles Lakers Dynasty of the 1980s”.
- Recently, he announced on social media that he had filmed a new special “without a crew or an audience”, which would debut on Netflix later in the year.
Awards and Achievements
- Won Boston Society of Film Critics, Directors Guild of America Award, Independent Spirit Awards, National Board of Review, New York Film Critics Circle, San Diego Film Critics Society Writers Guild of America Award for his work in “Eighth Grade”
- Nominated for Hollywood Critics Association for his work in “Promising Young Woman”
Who is Bo Burnham Dating?
Bo Burnham is not married yet but he is currently in a relationship. He is having affairs with his beautiful girlfriend, Lorene Scafaria. Since 2013, Bo began dating screenwriter, playwright, actress, singer, and film director Lorene Scafaria. As of today, the couple lives together in Los Angeles. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Bo Burnham?
Multi-talented man, Bo Burnham’s net worth is estimated to have $5 Million as of 2021 and his salary is assumed to have $600K annually. His major source of wealth comes from his comedian career whereas he is also making cool money from musician, directing, and screenwriting career. As of today, he is living a luxurious lifestyle from his career earnings.
How tall is Bo Burnham?
Handsome Comedian, Bo Burnham’s body build is slim. He has a tall height which measures 6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm. A fitness freak, Burnham’s body weight is 86 KG or 189.5 lbs. His hair color is light brown and his sparkling eye color is blue. He has a dimpled smile. Overall, he has got a healthy body.