Bob Murray is the current general manager of the Anaheim Ducks of the National Hockey League. Murray replaced Brian Burke midseason on November 12, 2008. A former NHL defenceman, Murray played in the NHL from 1975 to 1990 with the Chicago Blackhawks. He was playing for the Cornwall Royals of the QMJHL from 1971–74 (where he won a Memorial Cup) when the Blackhawks drafted him 52nd overall in 1974.
Where is Bob Murray born?
Recalling his early life, Bob Murray was born in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. His birth name is Robert Frederick Murray. He is Canadian by nationality and belongs to white ethnicity. The information about his parents, siblings and his academic qualifications are yet to be disclosed. In the case we update, we will let you know.
When did Bob Murray begin to play ice hockey?
- Talking about his career, he begins to play ice hockey through the Dallas Black Hawks. After playing with the Dallas Black Hawks of the Central Hockey League in 1974-75, he joined the Black Hawks for 1974-75 after being drafted in round 3 (#52 overall) in the 1974 NHL Amateur Draft.
- After developing a leadership role with the team, Murray served as interim captain, for two months of the 1985–86 season (November 1985 to January 1986), while captain Darryl Sutter was out of the lineup with an injury.
- Starting the 1988–89 season briefly in the IHL, Murray completed his NHL career with Chicago in the summer of 1990. In 1,008 career games, he amassed 132 goals and 382 assists. He also appeared in the 35th National Hockey League All-Star Game as a member of the Campbell Conference team.
- In 1991, the Blackhawks hired him as their director of player personnel, later naming him the sixth general manager in Chicago Blackhawk history on July 3, 1997. He served as GM of the Blackhawks from 1997 to November 1999.
- Following his tenure with the Blackhawks, Murray was hired by the Anaheim Ducks as a scouting consultant in 1999. After his consulting work with the Ducks, Murray worked as a professional scout with the Vancouver Canucks from 1999 to 2005.
- On July 14, 2005, Murray was named the senior vice president of hockey operations of the Ducks. He worked directly with Anaheim executive VP and GM Brian Burke and oversaw all aspects of player development. He won the Stanley Cup in this role with the Ducks in 2007.
- On July 9, 2008, Murray was named general manager of the American Hockey League’s Iowa Chops, the Duck’s new affiliate. After four months, Murray was named the new general manager of the Ducks. On February 25, 2011, the Ducks signed Murray to a four-year contract extension. He was named the general manager of the year for the 2013–14 season.
- On February 10, 2019, Murray relieved head coach Randy Carlyle of his duties and assumed the head coaching position for the remainder of the 2018–19 season. Currently, The Anaheim Ducks have signed general manager Bob Murray to a two-year contract extension. Murray is now under contract through the 2021-22 NHL season.
Is Bob Murray married or not?
Reflecting his personal life, Bob Murray’s current marital status in the mystery. The information was available about his personal life and love affairs on social networking sites. That’s mean, he likes to keep his profile in low as ordinary man. As of now, we have no information regarding his personal details. In the case we update, we will let you know.
How much net worth does Bob Murray own?
As a GM of Anaheim Ducks, Bob earns a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the sports industry. Based on online reports, his estimated net worth and salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Bob Murray?
Observing his body statistics, Bob stands a height of 5 feet 10 inches and weighs around 83 Kg. He has hazel eyes and white hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.