John Oliver is also a popular writer, producer, actor, and TV personality. However, he is well renowned for his skits as a comedian. If you aren’t familiar with the name then you should know about him. We have solved all the puzzles and presented you with his biography. You might be excited to know more about his personal life and the hindrance he faced in his life.
What makes John Oliver famous?
John Oliver is a British actor, comedian, writer, producer, political commentator, and television host. He is best known as the senior British correspondent of The Daily Show. His famous work is his own debut show called Last Week Tonight on HBO. Through this show, he became famous amongst the public. Currently, he appears as the host of the HBO series Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.
Who are the parents of John Oliver?
Recalling his early life, Oliver was born in Erdington, West Midlands, England. His birth name was John William Oliver. He was the son of Carole and Jim Oliver. His father worked as a Social Worker and as a headmaster of a school too. His mother was a music teacher. He was fostered in Erdington. He is British by nationality and his ethnicity is mixed (American-British).
Since his childhood, he was a great fan of Liverpool F.C. and he dreamt of becoming a football player. After completing secondary school, Oliver went to Christ’s College, Cambridge. Oliver graduated from The Christ’s College with a degree in English in 1998. Any other information regarding his education is unknown.
What is the profession of John Oliver?
- After finishing college, Oliver continued to write as well as perform standup comedy all over England. It was in 2006, his work was seen by the British comedian Ricky Gervais. After that, he was invited to audition for “The Daily Show with John Stewart” where he was selected to be the British correspondent.
- His program called “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver” has earned huge popularity and appreciation. It has also helped him win multiple Emmy awards. Likewise, because of the show’s popularity, he was named in the list of 100 Most Influential People’ by Time Magazine.
- He made his acting debut with a guest role in the TV series ‘Bleak House’ in 1985. He was next seen in other TV shows such as ‘People Like Us’, ‘Hero’ and ‘Green Mile’.
- From 2009 to 2014, he was seen in the TV series ‘Community’ in a recurring role. His other works include voice roles in the TV series ‘Rick and Morty’ and ‘Danger Mouse’.
- In 2018, Last Week Tonight was honored with a Peabody Award in the “Entertainment” category for “bringing satire and journalism even closer together,” at the 77th Annual Peabody Awards. Currently, he is working on his show Last Week Tonight; telecasted in HBO.
Is John Oliver married or not?
Reflecting on her personal life, John Oliver, no matter how he looks, is a funny guy. There is no need to worry about him being popular among the majority. However, you might be less familiar with his wife Kate Norley. It is known that Oliver and Norley met at the 2008 Republican Convention. It is known that the duo got engaged in July 2010. Then they married a year later.
He is the father of two children. However, nothing much about his children is known. The only thing known is that he and his wife Kate welcomed their second child in 2015 and he was named Hudson.
What is the net worth of John Oliver?
Oliver has amassed a significant amount of wealth with his media career spanning close to two decades. His income is mainly sourced from his profession as a comedian, TV host and political commentator. Talking about his salary, he pockets up to $5 million per year. As for his net worth, it currently stands at an estimated value of $10 million.
How tall is John Oliver?
Observing his body statistics, Oliver stands a height of 6 feet 1 inches and weighs about 77 kgs. He has dark brown hair and brown eyes. He has an athletic body build with a body that measures 35-28-14 inches including chest, waist and biceps sizes.