Brandi Rhodes is an American professional wrestler, businesswoman, ring announcer, model, and reality television personality. She is the present Chief Brand Officer of the professional wrestling promotion All Elite Wrestling. As AEW’s Chief Branding Officer, she became the first African-American woman to hold an executive position in a major North American wrestling promotion. In 2015 at WrestleMania, she became the first African-American woman to be a ring announcer for a major American wrestling promotion. She also became the first woman of color to appear in a match at the Wrestle Kingdom in 2018. She is famous for her work with WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) (2011-2016) where she was both a wrestler and a ring announcer. After leaving WWE, she had participated in numerous promotions including Impact Wrestling, Ring of Honor, and World Wonder Ring Stardom. She was also a cast member in the reality TV series “WAGS Atlanta” (2018). In 2019, she was placed at number 50 in the “PWI Female 100”, a list of the 100 best female wrestlers in the world, published by the Pro Wrestling Illustrated magazine. Her ring names are Brandi, Brandi Rhodes, Eden, Eden Stile.
- Being a Professional Wrestler, Businesswoman, Reality TV Personality.
- Being the Chief Brand Officer of professional wrestling promotion All Elite Wrestling (AEW).
- Being the wife of Cody Rhodes, a professional wrestler.
What Ethnicity is Brandi Rhodes? Details About Her Age, Parents, Real Name
Brandi Rhodes was born with the real name of Brandi Alexis Runnels on 23rd June 1983. Her place of birth is in Canton, Michigan, the USA. She celebrated her 38th birthday as of 2021. She holds American nationality and her ethnic background is African-American. Her Zodiac sign is Cancer and she follows the Christianity religion. She has not spoken anything about her parents’ detail to the media. She has a sibling, an older brother named Jason Reed with whom she spent her early childhood. She was a competitive figure skater for 17 years, beginning at the age of four. As a sophomore in college, Reed stopped ice-skating competitively to focus on academics and a future broadcasting career.
Focusing on her education, Brandi joined the University of Michigan on a scholarship. She had graduated from there with a Bachelor of Arts degree. She had later attained a Master’s degree in broadcast journalism from the University of Miami. She also worked as a local news reporter for two years before relocating to Miami, Florida to pursue a career in modeling and acting.
Brandi Rhodes Career Timeline
- Brandi Rhodes was invited to a WWE tryout in the year 2011 while she was working as a model after her degree.
- Then, she signed a development contract with WWE in March 2011. After that, she was assigned to Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW).
- She debuted under the ring named ‘Brandi’ accompanying Lucky Cannon at an FCW house show.
- On 12th May, she began working as a ring announcer on weekly episodes of “Superstars”.
- On 11th July, she began announcing duties on NXT under the ring name ‘Eden Stiles’ and also she filled in as the ring announcer for SmackDown.
- As of December 2011, she was released from her WWE contract as per her request.
- Her ring name was shortened to Eden and resumed her role as a ring announcer, first appearing on NXT.
- As of October 2014, Eden became the regular ring announcer and backstage interviewer for SmackDown and Main Event.
- In late March 2015, Eden made her pay-per-view ring announcing debut at WrestleMania 31, as well as becoming the backup ring announcer for Raw, while Lilian Garcia was recovering from surgery.
- On 24th May 2016, she was granted her release from WWE, just days after her husband Cody Rhodes also requested his release.
- On 3rd June 2016, it was announced that she would be in Cody Rhodes’ corner in his match against Mike Bennett at “Wrestling Under the Stars” on August 26 in Pittsfield, Massachusetts.
- On 10th October, it was announced that she will make her singles wrestling debut against Jordynne Grace at Pro Wrestling Magic, defeating her on October 15.
- On 15th July 2017, she defeated Tessa Blanchard at Northeast Wrestling.
- She made a surprise appearance alongside Britt Baker and Nyla Rose at Rise Wrestling in 2019, coming to the aid of Kylie Rae, and setting up a match between the three at Double or Nothing.
- On 16th September 2016, it was reported by TMZ that Rhodes had signed with TNA. She made her TNA debut alongside her husband, Cody attacking Maria and her husband Mike Bennett.
- Next, she made her in-ring debut, on October, 28 in the episode of Impact Wrestling alongside her husband Cody against Maria and Mike Bennett in an intergender tag team match.
- She made her Ring of Honor in-ring debut on its 29th July 2017.
- In the World Wonder Ring Stardom’s 2018 Cinderella Tournament, she defeated fellow stablemate Natsu Sumire in the first round but lost to Io Shirai in the quarterfinals.
- In 2019, she became a chief brand officer of All Elite Wrestling, a new wrestling promotion co-founded by her husband where she works there as a wrestler.
- At All Out, she wrestled in the Casino Battle Royale and was eliminated by Baker and Allie. As AEW’s Chief Branding Officer, Rhodes became the first African-American woman to hold an executive position in a major North American wrestling promotion.
- On the December 9, 2020, episode of Dynamite, she confronted NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal during his interview with Tony Schiavone, Shaq claimed Cargill could give Brandi pointers, leading to her throwing a glass of water on him.
- Besides this, she also joined the cast of the E! television series WAGS Atlanta on 2nd November 2017.
Awards and Achievements
- Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship (1 time)
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Ranked No. 50 of the top 100 female wrestlers in the PWI Female 100 in 2019
Who is Brandi Rhodes married to?
Brandi Rhodes is a married woman. She married her handsome husband, Cody Rhodes on 12th September 2013. By profession, Cody is a professional wrestler. The duo started dating in December 2011 and later they got engaged in November 2012. Brandi and Cody knew each other as they both used to work in the same place in WWE after which they started dating. At that time, Cody used to be the Wrestler and Brandi was just an announcer. Brandi and Cody Rhodes welcomed their first child together, daughter Liberty Iris Runnels, on Friday, June 18, 2021, in Atlanta. At present, the couple is living a happy life without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Moreover, Brandi also secured a partnership with KultureCity, a nonprofit that makes large-scale events inclusive for people with sensory needs.
Brandi Rhodes Net Worth and Salary
Brandi Rhodes is a multi-talented woman who is a professional wrestler, ring announcer, model, businesswoman and television personality. She is one of the most successful women in her field. As of September 2021, the net worth of Brandi is estimated to have $1 Million as per sources. Her combine salary is $3 Million working as an in-ring performer and AEW’s Chief Brand Officer. Her main source of income is from her wrestling career whereas she is making a cool amount of money from her business career, entertainment career, model career, and ring announcing career. She is currently living in the mansion which is worth around $3 million consisting of a wide garden, several butlers, a grand swimming pool, etc. She also has several branded car collections such as BMW which cost around $80,000 and a KIA SUV whose estimated price is $70,000. She has also been featured in the TV commercials for Budweiser, KFC, Maxim, and more. She has launched her own line of swimwear called “Confection Swimwear”. She is living a lavish lifestyle as of today.
How tall is Brandi Rhodes and how much does she weigh?
Brandi Rhodes stands tall at the perfect height of 5 ft 6 in or 167.5 in and his balanced bodyweight consists of 52 Kg or 114.5 lbs. Her body type is athletic. She has a pair of dark brown eyes and her hair color is black. Her other body measurements such as waist size, hip size, dress size, shoe size, and more details are unavailable at a moment. She has an affable smile with a gleaming face. Her hair is long and straight. She got a Hidden Mickey tattoo. The tattoo is located behind her ear.