Talented American actress and director, Bryce Dallas Howard is well recognized for being the eldest daughter of actor and filmmaker Ron Howard. She landed her first major film role in the 2004 M. Night Shyamalan feature “The Village”. Howard was first seen in “Parenthood” (1989), as an extra. Her biggest break came with “Twilight” Series where she played the role of Victoria. Her other movies which won her accolades were “Spiderman3”, “The Help” and “Terminator Salvation.” She also directed two episodes of the Disney+ series “The Mandalorian”, which premiered in 2019 and 2020. Moreover, Howard is an alumna of the Steppenwolf Theatre Company’s School at Steppenwolf in Chicago, and of The Actors Center in New York City. Whereas, she was also a member of the downtown theater company Theater Mitu, in residence at the New York Theatre Workshop, who are known for their exploration of theatrical forms.
- Being an American actress and director.
- For being the eldest daughter of actor and filmmaker Ron Howard.
Who are the parents of Bryce Dallas Howard?
Bryce Dallas Howard stepped for the very first time into the world in Los Angeles, California, the U.S. holding American nationality. However, she was raised in Westchester County, New York, and on a farm in Greenwich, Connecticut. She came from a mixed ethnic background as she has German, English, Scottish, and Irish ancestry. She was conceived on 2nd March 1981 under the star sign of Pisces. Her race is white and her religion is Christian. She has celebrated her 40th birthday as of 2021. Bryce is the daughter of writer Cheryl Howard (mother) and actor-director Ron Howard (father). She has two younger sisters, twins Jocelyn and Paige, and a younger brother named Reed.
Regarding Bryce’s education, she attended Greenwich Country Day School until 1996 and then graduated from Byram Hills High School in 1999. She later studied at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts for three years, taking classes at the Stella Adler Studio of Acting. She took a leave of absence from New York University to pursue roles without completing her degree. Decades later, she returned and completed her degree in 2020.
How was the Acting Career of Bryce Dallas Howard?
- Bryce Dallas Howard kicks off her acting carer starring in “House & Garden”, and in a theatrical comedy staged at the American Airlines Theatre, “Tartuffe” in 2002.
- She then appeared as Rosalind in the William Shakespeare comedy “As You Like It” in 2003 and subsequently cast in Shyamalan’s fantasy thriller “The Village” (2004).
- She reunited with Shyamalan for “Lady in the Water” (2006) where she plays Story.
- Later, Howard starred in her first blockbuster, “Spider-Man 3” as Gwen Stacy in 2007 and then starred in “Terminator Salvation” (2009).
- Similarly, she starred in several films and TV series such as “The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond” (2009), “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse” (2010), “Hereafter” (2010), “50/50” (2011), and many others.
- As well, Howard, alongside her father, produced Gus Van Sant’s “Restless” in 2011.
- She appeared in the science-fiction action film “Jurassic World” in 2015 and then starred in the fantasy adventure “Pete’s Dragon” in 2016.
- She later starred in the crime drama “Gold” (2016) as Kay whereas she also appeared in “Nosedive”, an episode of the Netflix anthology series “Black Mirror” in the following year.
- She was seen as Claire in “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” (2018) as well as voiced the titular character, Bella in “A Dog’s Way Home”, in 2019.
- Bryce made her feature film directorial debut with the documentary film “Dads” which premiered at the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival.
- Also, she directed two episodes of the Disney+ series “The Mandalorian”, which premiered in 2019 and 2020.
- Furthermore, she will again star as Claire in “Jurassic World: Dominion”, set for release on 10th June 2022.
Awards and Achivements
- Rising Star Award for her role in “The Village”
- MTV Movie Awards for her role in “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse”
- Black Reel Awards for her role in “The Help”
- Gold Derby Awards for her role in “The Help”
- Satellite Awards for her role in “The Help”
- Teen Choice Awards for her role in “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom”
- Hasty Pudding Theatrical Award
Who is Bryce Dallas Howard Husband?
Bryce Dallas Howard is a married woman. She tied a knot with her handsome husband Seth Gabel whom she met at New York University and the two dated for five years before marrying on 17th June 2006. Howard gave birth to their son Theodore, nicknamed Theo, in 2007. The couple is also blessed with a second child, daughter Beatrice, in 2012. Concerning Howard’s sexual orientation, she is straight.
Additionally, Bryce and Seth decided to leave the hectic city life in L.A. and move to upstate New York with their kids in 2019. Bryce did an interview with Architectural Digest after they moved and she said, “So, my first movie was called The Village and William McChord Hurt played my father… And then, later, we found out that my house was actually William Hurt’s home 30 years prior!” Bryce believes she always meant to live in the house since one of her very first co-workers used to live there. She still lives there with her family now.
How much is Bryce Dallas Howard Net Worth?
Bryce Dallas Howard is a versatile actress who has a net worth of $25 million as of 2021 whereas her exact salary amount has not been revealed yet. She has a long road ahead of her and she definitely holds all the potential to make it big in the industry. Her major source of income is from her acting and directing career. Howard became the first celebrity ambassador for designer Kate Spade in January 2011.
How tall is Bryce Dallas Howard?
Bryce Dallas Howard is 5 ft 7 in or 170 cm tall and her body weighs around 63 kg or 139 pounds. She has attractive red hair and green eyes color. Bryce has a slim body build with 35-24-36 in or 89-61-91.5 cm of body measurement. Bryce did some serious training for her role as Victoria in the “Twilight” series. She did mix martial arts, cardio exercises, and strength training to play the part that involved her doing some action sequences.