Jimmy Donaldson, an American YouTuber, businessman, and philanthropist is excellently known as MrBeast. He originally gained widespread popularity there for his video series “Worst Intros” on YouTube, as well as his frequent gameplay videos. He later began filming videos involving generous financial prizes. Jimmy is also the founder of MrBeast Burger and the co-creator of Team Trees. He began his YouTube channel on 19th February 2012 and posted his first video there the next day. He has earned more than 64 million subscribers to his MrBeast YouTube channel. He has five additional YouTube channels called MrBeast Gaming, MrBeast Shorts, Beast Philanthropy, Beast Reacts, and MrBeast 2. MrBeast was also named Creator of the Year at the 2020 Streamy Awards. Donaldson signed a deal with Jellysmack which allows the company to exclusively manage the distribution of his video content on Snapchat and Facebook in March 2021.
- Being an American YouTuber, businessman, and philanthropist.
- For being the founder of MrBeast Burger and the co-creator of Team Trees.
What is the Real Name of MrBeast?
On 7th May 1998, MrBeast took birth with the real name of Jimmy Donaldson in Kansas, U.S. He is of American nationality and he belongs to American-white ethnicity. His religious belief is in the Christian religion. Donaldson’s race is white and his present age is 23 which he recently celebrated in 2021. As per his birthdate, his star sign is Taurus. Being such a popular Youtuber, MrBeast has not shared much about his parents. However, we know that he has an older brother named CJ Donaldson.
Talking about Donaldson’s academic qualification, he graduated from Greenville Christian School, a private secondary school in the area, in 2016.
How was the Career of MrBeast?
- MrBeast jumps off his YouTube career uploading his first-ever YouTube video in February 2012, at the age of 13 years old, under the handle “MrBeast6000” whereas he started to gain popularity on the platform due to his “worst intros” series of videos in 2015 and 2016.
- He published an almost day-long video of himself counting to 100,000 in January 2017.
- He later bought billboards, numerous ads, and radio advertisements to help PewDiePie gain more subscribers than T-Series during PewDiePie vs T-Series in 2018.
- He also organized and filmed a real-life battle royale competition in Los Angeles with a prize of $200,000 in collaboration with “Apex Legends” in March 2019.
- Donaldson created a rock, paper, scissors competition stream in April 2020 that featured 32 influencers and a grand prize of $250,000.
- As well, he created another influencer tournament featuring 24 competitors in October 2020, though this time it a trivia tournament and it had a grand prize of $300,000 influencer trivia tournament.
- He released the video “Youtube Rewind 2020, Thank God It’s Over” on 1st January 2021 whereas he also made a guest appearance on the Clubhouse app causing it to crash in February 2021.
- Donaldson signed a deal with Jellysmack which allows the company to exclusively manage the distribution of his video content on Snapchat and Facebook in March 2021. He also claimed in 2021 that he runs his main channel at a loss.
- Furthermore, Donaldson, in collaboration with Brooklyn-based art collective MSCHF, released a one-time multiplayer mobile game titled “Finger on the App” in June 2020.
- The game was reportedly so successful that a sequel titled “Finger on the App 2” was planned to originally launch in December 2020. However, the game was postponed to February and then further delayed to March 2021 due to a flood of downloads
- On 25th October 2019 at 19:00 UTC, Jimmy and former NASA engineer and YouTuber Mark Rober organized a collaborative fundraising challenge event on YouTube called #TeamTrees. The goal of this project was to raise $20 million for the Arbor Day Foundation by 1st January 2020 and plant trees “no later than December 2022”.
- On 19th December of the following year, the $20,000,000 goal was surpassed, and as of 27th May 2020, the project reached over 22 million dollars.
- The YouTube channel Beast Philanthropy was created on 17th September 2020 whereas the channel posted its first video titled “I Opened My Own Charity!” on 26th March 2021.
- Opinion polls have shown that MrBeast is one of the most well-liked YouTubers on the platform with a 2021 SurveyMonkey poll showing that 70% of respondents have a favorable view of him, compared to 12% who had an unfavorable view.
- In a May 2021 “The New York Times” article, Matt Turner, an editor for Donaldson from February 2018 to September 2019, was quoted as claiming that Donaldson berated him almost daily, including using a slur that insults individuals with mental disabilities. Turner also reported that he was regularly not credited for his work.
Awards and Achievements
- 9th Streamy Awards for Breakout Creator
- 12th Annual Shorty Awards for YouTuber of the Year
- 10th Streamy Awards for Social Good: Nonprofit or NGO
Is MrBeast Dating Someone?
Unmarried YouTuber, MrBeast is not living a single life as he is currently in a romantic relationship with his beautiful girlfriend Maddy Spidell. They have been dating since June 2019, when they met through Twitter. The pair’s relationship is exceptional till now and hopes it will remain as same as in the future too. In addition, MrBeast is straight by sexual orientation.
What is the Net Worth of MrBeast?
The net worth of versatile guy, MrBeast is $16 million as of 2021. He has also a fine amount of salary too which is around $3 million per month. In his short professional time also, he has established himself an identity already. His major source of income is from his YouTuber, businessman, and philanthropist career.
Additionally, Donaldson would launch a virtual restaurant called MrBeast Burger in December 2020. He is also an investor in tech startup Backbone which produces the Backbone One. He patterned with Creative Juice’s financial network to introduce Juice Funds in March 2021, a $2 million investment fund that offers creators up to $250,000 in exchange for equity in their YouTube channels. He became a long-term investor and partner of financial technology company Current in April 2021
How tall is MrBeast?
The height of a handsome YouTuber, MrBeast is 6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm and his body weight is around 82 kg or 181 lbs. He has good-looking light brown hair and blue eyes color. He has an average body build with 45-33-37 inches of body measurement. His heart-warming smile, his entire demeanor, and his gradual escalating popularity in the industry make him the perfect catch. He also suffers from Crohn’s disease, an inflammatory bowel condition.